Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corner kicks

God give me strength. We have to watch another season of my teenager’s coach botching up the corner kicks with set pieces that have not produced a single goal in years. The only time they have scored on a corner is when the kicker sends it into the middle of the pack and someone gets a head on it. Which is rarely allowed to be done. Instead we have to watch the best opportunites for scoring squandered with kicks through teammates legs like they are in second grade. Good grief. What posesses a coach to continue to waste these opportunites? Either upgrade the set pieces to this century or let the kids just blast it toward the tallest teammates head. How hard is this? Although it is fun to watch the coach kick the garbage can every time it fails.

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    God give me strength. We have to watch another season of my teenager’s coach botching up the corner kicks with set pieces that have not produced a single goal in years. The only time they have scored on a corner is when the kicker sends it into the middle of the pack and someone gets a head on it. Which is rarely allowed to be done. Instead we have to watch the best opportunites for scoring squandered with kicks through teammates legs like they are in second grade. Good grief. What posesses a coach to continue to waste these opportunites? Either upgrade the set pieces to this century or let the kids just blast it toward the tallest teammates head. How hard is this? Although it is fun to watch the coach kick the garbage can every time it fails.
    OW? Sorry.

Comment

OW? Sorry.
      Scoring? What is that?
      Signed Fsa parent

Comment

Is this HS or Club?

Comment

Agree with the OP. I have reffed for 10 years and dont think I have ever seen one of these "trick" set pieces work. Put numbers in the box and have the kicker give it or ride. Or work with work with you best kicker on learning how to bend it.

Comment

If you don't have tall players/anyone effective at headers maybe you roll the dice now and then. But only now and then. I've seen teams that do it every time. What's the saying about the definition of insanity?

Comment

If you don't have tall players/anyone effective at headers maybe you roll the dice now and then. But only now and then. I've seen teams that do it every time. What's the saying about the definition of insanity?
              Stupidest thread yet.

Put it in the box and have numbers attack the ball. Rarely see a hs keeper come out and punch a ball away or grab it out of the air. Most of the time, the ball bounces in front of the goal and there is a scoring opportunity for the offensive team or a defender or keeper screws up.

I will take those odds all day in girls hs soccer.

Comment

Make sure you send an email to the coach reminding him to send 2 players to defend short corners, 1 one cut it mate..

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                Working...
                X