Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The DA needs to keep clubs like Weston, Boca and Kendall. Miami DA will use those programs to house players they don't have room for as well as continue to add players from those clubs at different phases of the players development. Some kids drop off, others rise up at different times. Also, the DA knows that it is not possible for MLS DA programs to just play MLS DA programs because of costs. MLS DA programs need other DA programs to play against on a local level.
    i

Okay because the talent is so deep in south Florida *** are you talking about ! If you don’t think that one or two of the non MLS DA clubs in south Florida are not going to loose or be phased out once Miami rolls out the DA you Sir are a fool.

Comment

Look at what Red Bull, FC Dallas and Philadelphia Union are doing (most others too). Look at the coaching staff for those clubs. Those DA programs are club neutral. They brought in coaches and stayed away from local area youth club soccer nonsense. They function as pro youth clubs. Those clubs don't even deal with parents or nonsense. It's not pay for play; if you or the child are a problem, they send you home. Beckham will look to those clubs as the standard.
      Beckham won’t be involved he’s a figure head! He won’t be picking the coaches! When does the Academt my start anyway 2020 I assume ?

Comment

Beckham won’t be involved he’s a figure head! He won’t be picking the coaches! When does the Academt my start anyway 2020 I assume ?
        Beckham won’t be picking coaches, but he will be helping to select the Academy Directors and the administration. It’s doubtful they will be from S. FL.

Weston, Kendall and SFFA will be fine.

Comment

Promote local talent is the main objective. Probably includes local coaches with pro coaches guiding them.

Comment

Promote local talent is the main objective. Probably includes local coaches with pro coaches guiding them.
            What is likely to happen is the pro club will associate with as many local clubs or youth players as possible and tell your kids if they stay with the Beckham pyramid they will be on track to join the pro club. The real objective is to sell you and your kids season tickets. Don't be fooled into thinking they really care about local youth soccer. To MLS clubs youth soccer = fans. Fans = tickets. Tickets = money

The bottom line is always money and that's fine... just don't be gullible.

Comment

That isn’t how it works. They will recruit nationally as well as internationally for both coaches and players.

Comment

What is likely to happen is the pro club will associate with as many local clubs or youth players as possible and tell your kids if they stay with the Beckham pyramid they will be on track to join the pro club. The real objective is to sell you and your kids season tickets. Don't be fooled into thinking they really care about local youth soccer. To MLS clubs youth soccer = fans. Fans = tickets. Tickets = money

The bottom line is always money and that's fine... just don't be gullible.
                This too is untrue. Attendance for MLS games are no longer the uneducated soccer Dad bringing his soccer playing child to the game. Tickets are dominated now by season ticket holders, and the games are geared more towards adults. Adults that are going to spend money on merch and beer. Sure kids and families go to the games, but adults are buying the tickets because they want to go to the games.

The DA will work completely separate from local club soccer programs. This is not to say that the local clubs will become affiliated on some level, but it’s crystal clear that they aren’t using the clubs for the purpose of leading people on that they have a chance to play DA.

Comment

I agree that the preferred market will be 18-30 year olds, however until every seat is sold to a season ticket holder they will need to build a fan base and market to attend games. What greater database on soccer fans is there then youth soccer players. The club will associate as many as they can with the club and then pressure them to buy tickets. I believe Orlando required ticket purchases with youth team registration at one time. Once they have the database of players they will be calling the parents non stop to sell tickets.

When you join Beckham United youth soccer they will market you with the Beckham pyramid that starts with the youth teams and moved up to DA and up. It's a great sales pitch. What better way to get "found" then to play with the pro club.

In reality the DA will have little to nothing to do with the local talent but they are not going to tell you that.

I don't know how many people the new stadium will hold but unless they sell out the entire season with season ticket holders then you can expect exploitation of the youth talent and the parents that support them. I'm not knocking it.. I would do the same thing if I owned the team. I'm just saying don't be caught up in the sales pitch of the "pyramid".

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X