Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The reason some GDA teams are using PT players is that a few players have extenuating circumstances like living 2-4 hours away with no GDA team in their area, etc. These players are usually ELITE kids. The PT players being used in the Weston FC situation is just a lifeline due to the difficult situation Weston has with fielding enough and quality players. Weston was impacted with the flight of kids departing to FC Prime.

This is not the norm and most GDA teams are TRUE TEAMS that practice, develop and compete as a unit. Stop trying to create a narrative to fit the kool aide you need the parents to drink and you sound like fools.
    You are 100% wrong and apparently very lazy. Look at the top DA teams in this country. What the guy said is correct.

Comment

You are 100% wrong and apparently very lazy. Look at the top DA teams in this country. What the guy said is correct.
      So the top DA teams in the country are using players from multiple clubs. I don’t think so

Comment

The great thing about this thread is that it will last longer than FC Prime will...……..

Comment

So the top DA teams in the country are using players from multiple clubs. I don’t think so
          You clearly are a little dense. They use players from their own club/affiliates and dual roster them on the DA and regular club teams. Look at a da club like Washington spirit. One of the top da clubs. They max their PT da players (their best players) and also play them on the regular club team and compete for national titles with the club team. All the top da clubs are doing this outside the southern region. Look at CA da teams. They do this too. We are the ones who don’t get how it should be done. They are very smart to do this. They have first place da teams and contenders for national championship at a regular club level. Best of both worlds.

Comment

The great thing about this thread is that it will last longer than FC Prime will...……..
            Brilliant! Thank you for that!!!!

Comment

You clearly are a little dense. They use players from their own club/affiliates and dual roster them on the DA and regular club teams. Look at a da club like Washington spirit. One of the top da clubs. They max their PT da players (their best players) and also play them on the regular club team and compete for national titles with the club team. All the top da clubs are doing this outside the southern region. Look at CA da teams. They do this too. We are the ones who don’t get how it should be done. They are very smart to do this. They have first place da teams and contenders for national championship at a regular club level. Best of both worlds.
              Yeah, dense....but again, you are wrong. Please give an example of a club using PT players other than clubs that only offer U14/15 teams (or just younger teams). It's as simple as going to the game reports. Washington Spirit VA does not use PT players, or at least it's not the norm. Now a club like Arlington does, but they are not a full-time DA club. PT players are used by clubs that lack commitment from players and club directors and those clubs will fail. The better clubs don't let their players play high school soccer. The better clubs have players that don't want to play high school soccer. It's really that simple.

Comment

The reason some GDA teams are using PT players is that a few players have extenuating circumstances like living 2-4 hours away with no GDA team in their area, etc. These players are usually ELITE kids. The PT players being used in the Weston FC situation is just a lifeline due to the difficult situation Weston has with fielding enough and quality players. Weston was impacted with the flight of kids departing to FC Prime.

This is not the norm and most GDA teams are TRUE TEAMS that practice, develop and compete as a unit. Stop trying to create a narrative to fit the kool aide you need the parents to drink and you sound like fools.
                This is true!

Only clubs in FL or clubs on shaky ground use PT players. Do you really think that NEFC, Penn Fusion, Tophat, FC Virginia or other top clubs where they already have 25 or so players on each roster bring in PT players outside their clubs?? They don’t, because the players and parents don’t have leverage like they do at Weston. It’s extremely competitive to get a spot at those clubs and they want players that are all in. It’s dump or get off the pot. Weston has to get the games played and players/parents know it. Weston will do whatever they have to do to stay in GDA and if that means using PT players they will. Being a PT player isn't what is best for a player but Weston doesn't care. This and last year, some clubs are/were working with the older players (1999-2002’s) and letting them use the private high school wavier when it was applicable. Those players were already in the system when their clubs transitioned into the GDA. However, these clubs aren’t allowing that with the younger kids coming up through their system. The parents know that if they want to be in GDA the must be committed. US Soccer does assist players with finding a GDA club if they live a distance away from a GDA program.

Comment

which is the bigger dumpster fire, Weston or Prime? Both are pretty bad. I'm only asking because I can't say one is worse than the other. Both stink on the girls side!

Comment

which is the bigger dumpster fire, Weston or Prime? Both are pretty bad. I'm only asking because I can't say one is worse than the other. Both stink on the girls side!
                    Almost 220 posts and not a single, documented, piece of factual evidence that Prime has lost its fields.

I think it's awesome how Prime has completely gotten in everyone's heads in South Florida!

Comment

The local clubs around it are worse! Weston Prime and Boca get to pl;ay top talent in region and Nation. Yes, top talent not third tier happalongs. They have competitive home games. Can one local club share when the last time a top team came to their backyard for a match. These teams have several top teams making local stops. It will never happen at any other local club. So have a great and expensive FL State Cup!

Comment

The local clubs around it are worse! Weston Prime and Boca get to pl;ay top talent in region and Nation. Yes, top talent not third tier happalongs. They have competitive home games. Can one local club share when the last time a top team came to their backyard for a match. These teams have several top teams making local stops. It will never happen at any other local club. So have a great and expensive FL State Cup!
                        You really like the word TOP.

Comment

Thats so true about state Cup $$$. I hate it that my daughters team has to participate. The worst preliminary games and the semi finals were just as bad. My daughter has maybe 3-4 more years of it. I hope it gets better.

Comment

Is it true that AH has been run out of every club that he has worked for and is in S. FL to bleed more people dry?

Comment

You really like the word TOP.
                              Top Top Top Hat Hat Hat

Comment

So how was the Greer showcase?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X