Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DA’s: SORRY TO BURST YOUR BUBBLE!

On this webpage DA parents continuesly refer to all team, players, and leagues as REC stating that the only high-level youth soccer their is here in the US is DA. Okay, that’s fair, everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I do have a really
    Important question to ask all the DA parents:
    How many games does a DA team play in a year????? 30 , 35 max sound about right? How do you guys expect these incredible non-rec players to really be high level with so little soccer being played in a year? Let’s say your son is the stud of the DA team and he starts & plays every single game. Great, he played 30 games which is still short compared to even pro’s. Now how about the super stud who comes off the bench,,,,, wow you really hit it out the park, congratulations when you add up all your minutes you played about 15 full games the whole year. I’d say your an American Football
    Player! Isn’t that how many games they play? The truth is, the real REC players are those who don’t play the game enough because
    1. You been fooled that only DA’s are good
    2. You’re way behind the rest of the world in minutes on the field!!!! There’s a reason US soccer is not very good. Just look at the National team.

I’m sure the DA’s have great teams and players, but very few can compete outside the US playing an average of 3 games a month max. Then when a few go play in the Universities, they will play a max of 25 games in a year! Good luck going PRo with that Number. But that’s a another story

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    On this webpage DA parents continuesly refer to all team, players, and leagues as REC stating that the only high-level youth soccer their is here in the US is DA. Okay, that’s fair, everyone should be able to express their opinion. But I do have a really
    How many games does a DA team play in a year????? 30 , 35 max sound about right? How do you guys expect these incredible non-rec players to really be high level with so little soccer being played in a year? Let’s say your son is the stud of the DA team and he starts & plays every single game. Great, he played 30 games which is still short compared to even pro’s. Now how about the super stud who comes off the bench,,,,, wow you really hit it out the park, congratulations when you add up all your minutes you played about 15 full games the whole year. I’d say your an American Football
    Player! Isn’t that how many games they play? The truth is, the real REC players are those who don’t play the game enough because
    2. You’re way behind the rest of the world in minutes on the field!!!! There’s a reason US soccer is not very good. Just look at the National team.

I’m sure the DA’s have great teams and players, but very few can compete outside the US playing an average of 3 games a month max. Then when a few go play in the Universities, they will play a max of 25 games in a year! Good luck going PRo with that Number. But that’s a another story
    Thank you for your input, well appreciated but even with those numbers, are enough to beat the $#!+ out of your club rec team

Comment

Better to play 15 full games a year with sense than 30 games a year kicking the ball non sense

Comment

Oooo... this thread I like.
        Your going to see some pissed off DA parents
        React. 4 sure.

Comment

You poked fun at the cult. Stand-by for explosion...3...2...1...

Comment

A lot of American Football players here hahahah
            I must admit that line is pretty funny.

A lot 15 -16 games a year players here in the US.
            Those numbers sound like a seasonal thing.
            Now that’s as Recreational as it gets.

Comment

Better to play 15 full games a year with sense than 30 games a year kicking the ball non sense
              In my humble opinion both are just as bad

Comment

DA is about quality games not quantity and better training sessions than anywhere else.

Comment

Haters gonna hate!

Comment

DA is about quality games not quantity and better training sessions than anywhere else.
                    Yeah but...some clubs don't practice 4x/week, and some clubs have lousy coaching.

Comment

DA practice at least 4x

Comment

Yeah but...some clubs don't practice 4x/week, and some clubs have lousy coaching.
                        Keep practicing JACK.
                        The real learning is done in games regardless of how good the
                        Opponents are or are not. That’s why the best players in the world come from poor neighborhoods, the streets or slums in Rio, Paris, Buenos Aires etc. if not they come fromthe indoor soccer game with a lot of games and reps a year like Iniesta - Xavi - Isco etc

Comment

the point is?

Comment

the point is?
                            The point is that DA is not all the parents make it out to be and that the DA clubs should develop more talent

Comment

Keep practicing JACK.
                              The real learning is done in games regardless of how good the
                              Opponents are or are not. That’s why the best players in the world come from poor neighborhoods, the streets or slums in Rio, Paris, Buenos Aires etc. if not they come fromthe indoor soccer game with a lot of games and reps a year like Iniesta - Xavi - Isco etc
                              Obviously you think Spain is the be all, end all. Next time, maybe include a player from another country to better show your compression.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X