Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TOPHAT A team coming to South Florida this weekend !!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Oh please. You think that Weston and Boca are superior over non-DA/ECNL teams? Taking an azz-whipping does not improve skill. They must be spiking the Kool Aid at your cult meetings to go with that narrative. All Weston and Boca did was waste time and money for Tophat. Zero reason for them to travel to South Florida for that crap. They would be better off doing an internal scrimmage or kicking a ball against a wall.
    Your Non DA/ECNL club team waste money every day if your kids have any talent at all. But I am sure rec is all you need. IDIOT

Comment

Hate us soccer all you want but one thing they have is game info transparency , you can see who was rostered who played minutes goals etc ....and yes, boca played with 9 girls vs tophat and with 8 vs the other GA team. Sad , not sad , ridiculous or not it happened

Ussoccerda.com
      Something should have been done by the clubs and league. Waste of time and money to play these games. These games didn't make any of the kids better and didn't help grow the game.

Comment

my son plays in DA, he has some awesome games, but the younger age groups need to catch up

Comment

Something should have been done by the clubs and league. Waste of time and money to play these games. These games didn't make any of the kids better and didn't help grow the game.
          I am a Weston GDA parent. 1st year in this league and I have all the respect for the players that played before my kid. I hear all this chatter about waste of time and money. I have seen my daughter grow in a short amount of time than the last few years. Playing top level competition allowed my kid to understand where she is as a player and that there are kids on another level that is unreal. Also she has learned that she has a lot of growth to play against true stars going to Power 5 soccer schools. She would have never have understood this being at the former successful club those years before. Winning is fun but there is much to be gained from playing GDA Soccer! Worth every penny!

Comment

I am a Weston GDA parent. 1st year in this league and I have all the respect for the players that played before my kid. I hear all this chatter about waste of time and money. I have seen my daughter grow in a short amount of time than the last few years. Playing top level competition allowed my kid to understand where she is as a player and that there are kids on another level that is unreal. Also she has learned that she has a lot of growth to play against true stars going to Power 5 soccer schools. She would have never have understood this being at the former successful club those years before. Winning is fun but there is much to be gained from playing GDA Soccer! Worth every penny!
            You only play 8 games per year against power 5 players from GA and NC. The rest of the time you play 28 games vrs the of crappy GDA clubs in Florida and other bottom feeders at the showcase events. GDA in Florida is no better than NPL so nothing has changed for you than your wallet is empty. Loser

Comment

You only play 8 games per year against power 5 players from GA and NC. The rest of the time you play 28 games vrs the of crappy GDA clubs in Florida and other bottom feeders at the showcase events. GDA in Florida is no better than NPL so nothing has changed for you than your wallet is empty. Loser
              How can you be the sperm that won?

Comment

Agree 100 percent

Comment

All that is true. But you are spending as much, if not more for NPL and you don’t get any exposure. The college coaches turn up at the GDA national events, even to see the bad teams like Weston and SFFA. So the teams aren’t very good in FL GDA, but you get more for your money. IMO it’s all a joke.

Comment

All that is true. But you are spending as much, if not more for NPL and you don’t get any exposure. The college coaches turn up at the GDA national events, even to see the bad teams like Weston and SFFA. So the teams aren’t very good in FL GDA, but you get more for your money. IMO it’s all a joke.
                    Let us know how many of those girls from SSFA play in college at a good soccer school.

Comment

They show up to see good teams not SSFA playing other horrible Da teams. They watch the better teams in the league not the bottom feeders 😉

Comment

Let us know how many of those girls from SSFA play in college at a good soccer school.
                        Girls at SFFA/BU are on their own. DOC and coaches have no clue how to talk to college coaches. No idea what grades are needed or even what those schools are looking for. A minimal contact with UF, but only because a coach's daughter used to go there. None of the girls are ready for a Power 5 team. The club is focused solely on sending boys to MLS teams.

We had a meeting last year with the DOC about college placement and the process to start. Totally lost. No guidance on what to do in preparation for the showcases. At least the team mom put together a brochure. DOC eventually sent us some info on a website. I know for my daughter, 2 college coaches attempted to contact her through the DOC. In a follow-up call to each of them, they both said that messages were left with the DOC but never returned.

If you haven't figured it out yet, SFFA/BU is total mess. No one should be playing there. Move on. We did.

Comment

They show up to see good teams not SSFA playing other horrible Da teams. They watch the better teams in the league not the bottom feeders 😉
                          GDA Showcase? Awesome event. But just like any tournament, the teams get ranked. Highly competitive teams are bracketed together. And the same is done for "lower" GDA teams. It is almost a cattle call. Grade A beef in front of the D1 powerhouses. Chopped beef and scraps at the outside fields for the JCs and NAIA. Wanna guess where BU was assigned last year? Expect the same this year.

Comment

What makes the lack of exposure worse is the games all kick off at the same time at the DA showcase. Stupid

Comment

GDA Showcase? Awesome event. But just like any tournament, the teams get ranked. Highly competitive teams are bracketed together. And the same is done for "lower" GDA teams. It is almost a cattle call. Grade A beef in front of the D1 powerhouses. Chopped beef and scraps at the outside fields for the JCs and NAIA. Wanna guess where BU was assigned last year? Expect the same this year.
                              Makes no difference. The coach turnout at the GDA showcases it strong. The Weston and Boca kids get more exposure. College coaches are offen at league games this time of year too, which are additional looks for the kids. That doesn’t happen in the NPL. I’m not arguing that SFFA and Weston have poor girls teams and awful coaching, I’m just saying from experience the college coaches come to the GDA showcase events in big numbers and watch all the teams. It’s a fact.

Comment

Makes no difference. The coach turnout at the GDA showcases it strong. The Weston and Boca kids get more exposure. College coaches are offen at league games this time of year too, which are additional looks for the kids. That doesn’t happen in the NPL. I’m not arguing that SFFA and Weston have poor girls teams and awful coaching, I’m just saying from experience the college coaches come to the GDA showcase events in big numbers and watch all the teams. It’s a fact.
                                wrong look up how many girls signed from BU and WESTON LAST YEAR

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X