Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the Teams in Region C afraid of the teams in Region A

I am looking at all of the Tournament Schedules and I see that the teams in Region C never come to South Florida for the Tournaments down there. I guess they must be afraid of the teams in Region A. The teams in Region B go down, but Region C stays away.

Im just saying........................

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I am looking at all of the Tournament Schedules and I see that the teams in Region C never come to South Florida for the Tournaments down there. I guess they must be afraid of the teams in Region A. The teams in Region B go down, but Region C stays away.

Which tournaments would you like us to come to? I'll see what I can do.
    I'd definately say we are not afraid. It's mostly due to the expense.

Comment

Rarely see Region A teams venture north for tournaments (other than Disney).

Comment

****e stirrer

You looking to stir some shiznit up there fellar.

To answer your question though (obviously this is not 100% either way, just my experienced assessment)....

I believe that the population in Region A is more passionate about the beautiful game due to ethnic background and heritage. They would travel from the moon to play the beautiful game if they could or had to. Consequently, the attitude is more business like and they are super passionate.

Region B is an easy trip down the I-95 corridor, and thus more convenient for them to make the trip.

Region C is further away and therefore less convenient to travel to Region A. Additionally, because of the nature of the situation in Region A (passionate/business like attitude about the beautiful game), I believe that it is not a matter of being scared; IMO It's just that most don't want to make the commitment (time & money) to travel across the swamp to get their ***e$ handed to them. Many parents from Region C can't understand the difference between passion for the game and an angry parent on the sideline. They just hear volume from a parent's mouth and dismiss them as another soccer crazy or unintelligent individual. I wish some of the talented and passionate folks in Region A would move to Region C and show many what can happen with a group of kids when you combine a business like approach with passion for the game.

Summary...

Region A= Passionate & Business Like
        Region B= Business Like & Somewhat Passionate
        Region C= Money Grab & Social Club

Comment

The only decent tournament is Orange Classic but Disney is much better so most teams travel to the middle of the state. For the younger age groups, leaving for Miami on Christmas Day to attend Orange Classic is not high on too many parent's lists of tournaments. All of the little local tournaments down there throughout the year are a joke to travel too, just like the ones in Region B and C. So instead of thinking they are scared, I would say the teams are smart not to waste their time and money. The better soccer tournaments are up north and you will realize that when you grow up...I'm just saying

Comment

Originally posted by Kaka View Post
            You looking to stir some shiznit up there fellar.

To answer your question though (obviously this is not 100% either way, just my experienced assessment)....

I believe that the population in Region A is more passionate about the beautiful game due to ethnic background and heritage. They would travel from the moon to play the beautiful game if they could or had to. Consequently, the attitude is more business like and they are super passionate.

Region B is an easy trip down the I-95 corridor, and thus more convenient for them to make the trip.

Region C is further away and therefore less convenient to travel to Region A. Additionally, because of the nature of the situation in Region A (passionate/business like attitude about the beautiful game), I believe that it is not a matter of being scared; IMO It's just that most don't want to make the commitment (time & money) to travel across the swamp to get their ***e$ handed to them. Many parents from Region C can't understand the difference between passion for the game and an angry parent on the sideline. They just hear volume from a parent's mouth and dismiss them as another soccer crazy or unintelligent individual. I wish some of the talented and passionate folks in Region A would move to Region C and show many what can happen with a group of kids when you combine a business like approach with passion for the game.

Summary...

Region A= Passionate & Business Like
            Region B= Business Like & Somewhat Passionate
            Region C= Money Grab & Social Club
            Ha Ha very funny. Let me guess you are from Region A. This is what you got right; the rest not so much:

Region C is further away and therefore less convenient to travel to Region A.

Perhaps the OP can provide some actual data to support his suggestion that Region C "never goes to South Florida for the tournaments". Of course then we will need the data that shows how often Region A comes to Region C tournaments. Do you want to pick an age group? Juniors? Seniors? Boys and/or girls? Tell you what, you provide the data for the former and then I'll get the data for the later.

As far as the suggestion of fear or passion........whatever.

Comment

Looking at the West Pines United Tournament results, I saw that Florida Revolution Girls were entered and that team is from Region C

Comment

The Plant City now MFA have played 3 times in the last year in Region A. We love that Reg A shares the same passion for the game that we do!

Comment

I've been at this for 10 years now and historically, West Pines has never drawn well from teams outside of region A. It started as a jamboree years ago to prepare teams for the regular season and still retains much of that flavor. teh tournament has a low ranking on GotSoccer so the points hungry teams won't go out of their way to travel down here. It also is very weak for the U16 ages and above.

Comment

Region C teams don't travel to Region A for the same reason Region A teams don't travel to Region C. It's too far away and not worth the trouble to play in low-caliber local tournaments. Disney is where the Region A and Region C teams meet.

Comment

Who is afraid of whom?

Let's take West Pines tourny and TBU ACDC in u15b and u16b - West Pines u15b 2 teams out of six in Black (top)division from Region C - ACDC none from Region A. West Pines u16 2teams out of six in Black (top)division from Region C - ACDC 1 team out of 8 from Region A.

Talking about any age groups under say u14 is useless. Traveling for a preseason tournament just isn't really done by many. Talking about any other division than the top division is useless. I'm sure the OP only wants to hear about the best competition. If you want to support your argument show some proof.

Comment

Rarely see Region A teams venture north for tournaments (other than Disney).

You're full of it. SAA Real Madrid and West Pines travel all over the state for tournaments.

Most Region C teams are afraid to play in the Region A tournaments.

Comment

Proof Please!

You're full of it. SAA Real Madrid and West Pines travel all over the state for tournaments.

Most Region C teams are afraid to play in the Region A tournaments.
                          Again - Let's take West Pines tourny and TBU ACDC in u15b and u16b - West Pines u15b 2 teams out of six in Black (top)division from Region C - ACDC none from Region A. West Pines u16 2teams out of six in Black (top)division from Region C - ACDC 1 team out of 8 from Region A.

When was the last time SAA Real Madrid and West Pines were in Region C for a tournament. Let's start with u15b and u16b, but you can talk about any age group or tournaments you like and I can rebut.

Comment

Not sure about tournaments because I've never thought about it as we travel to Miami more often than we play at home. ALOT of SWFL (region C) teams travel to region A on a weekly basis for league play for better competition. It's only a drive across the alley. Look at SFUYSA and you will see a lot of region C teams.

Comment

The Plant City now MFA have played 3 times in the last year in Region A. We love that Reg A shares the same passion for the game that we do!
                              Agreed! As a MFA parent heading south is a breath of fresh air (less whining from parents about how "dirty" we are) Region A has teams that play the game with passion and a healthy dose of competition. Not once has my player been heckled from the sidelines by inappropriate parents. We look forward to more opportunities to compete down south!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X