Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is SUSA ELITE

A friend of mine today told me that their kid made Susa elite. Is this the same as Susa ECNL? The parent actually didn’t know what league it was and said they would be finding out at a parent meeting. That’s why I am asking.

What is Susa elite

3rd team will most likely play Metro league

Comment

Nothing good

Comment

This past year was-
        Susa NPL-top team, played in NPL
        Susa Elite-B team, played in EDP
        Susa Premier-C team, played in metro

This year the top team will be Susa ECNL. If the kid made the ECNL team, the invite probably would've stated that they made the ECNL team. Some of the age groups have 4-5 teams, so they could be playing NPL or EDP.

Comment

Susa is very sleazy. They told my friends kid last year how talented their kid was and said they made the NPL team. Friend didn’t know that it was their second NPL team. They said Susa made it seem like it was the top team and that their kid made the top team. They accepted and were basically stuck there. Now they left for another club after the season. They felt completely mislead and then trapped. Said communication from Susa was misleading and they only wanted their kid to commit to get the money. Very cheesy, but I have heard this about them on multiple occasions from other families as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
            Susa is very sleazy. They told my friends kid last year how talented their kid was and said they made the NPL team. Friend didn’t know that it was their second NPL team. They said Susa made it seem like it was the top team and that their kid made the top team. They accepted and were basically stuck there. Now they left for another club after the season. They felt completely mislead and then trapped. Said communication from Susa was misleading and they only wanted their kid to commit to get the money. Very cheesy, but I have heard this about them on multiple occasions from other families as well.
            Same with Barca. Very sleazy.

Comment

I am missing how this is "very sleazy". "Friend" was told the kid made the NPL team. Kid played on the NPL team. What am I missing?

Sounds like a case of mommy/daddy goggles. The only age group that offers 2 NPL squads is U12 and that's an NPL requirement to prepare for going from 9v9 to 11v11. I looked up both Susa genders in this age group. Both NPL Blue squads are very strong and have a 13-14 player roster.

I follow Susa on Instagram (my older kid plays for them) and saw 3 boys from the NPL Blue squad made DA teams. Girls from the NPL Blue squad are being selected for NTCs and other regional ID programs. Did your "friend" believe their kid was of the same caliber as these players or better? Did your "friend" watch tryouts and honestly believe their kid was amongst the top dozen players out of 50+ kids vying for the same spot?

99% of the time, if a player is top level or exhibits potential for top level play, they will make the top level team. In your "friend"'s case (and the multiple other families you heard this from), the kid had a full year to work hard, improve and earn a spot on NPL Blue. Since that didn't happen, it seems the kid was placed on the right team.

Sounds more like sour grapes than sleazy behavior on Susa's part, sorry.

Comment

I am missing how this is "very sleazy". "Friend" was told the kid made the NPL team. Kid played on the NPL team. What am I missing?

Sounds like a case of mommy/daddy goggles. The only age group that offers 2 NPL squads is U12 and that's an NPL requirement to prepare for going from 9v9 to 11v11. I looked up both Susa genders in this age group. Both NPL Blue squads are very strong and have a 13-14 player roster.

I follow Susa on Instagram (my older kid plays for them) and saw 3 boys from the NPL Blue squad made DA teams. Girls from the NPL Blue squad are being selected for NTCs and other regional ID programs. Did your "friend" believe their kid was of the same caliber as these players or better? Did your "friend" watch tryouts and honestly believe their kid was amongst the top dozen players out of 50+ kids vying for the same spot?

99% of the time, if a player is top level or exhibits potential for top level play, they will make the top level team. In your "friend"'s case (and the multiple other families you heard this from), the kid had a full year to work hard, improve and earn a spot on NPL Blue. Since that didn't happen, it seems the kid was placed on the right team.

Sounds more like sour grapes than sleazy behavior on Susa's part, sorry.
                According to them, Susa implied she would be on first NPL team. They didn’t know there were two, as they were not on Susa the year before. They also made it seem like they were very interested in their kid because of their soccer skills and because of this they would be on top team. Didn’t find out it was second team until it was too late and the family said no to previous club. They felt betrayed and misled.

Comment

According to them, Susa implied she would be on first NPL team. They didn’t know there were two, as they were not on Susa the year before. They also made it seem like they were very interested in their kid because of their soccer skills and because of this they would be on top team. Didn’t find out it was second team until it was too late and the family said no to previous club. They felt betrayed and misled.
                  Yeah, I still don't buy into it being "very sleazy" on Susa's part. The invites for teams are basically a form letter with the kids name plugged in. And, as evidenced by this thread-the team level-NPL, Elite, Premier. Hers probably said NPL and she in fact play in NPL.

Being on Susa the year before or not, has nothing to do with it. All the parents had to do was look up NPL to check out the league and they would've seen that there are 2 teams at U12. If it were that important for their kid to be on the "top team", they should've confirmed it with the coach. You can't blame a club for parents inferring that their kid would be on the top team, based on a few compliments.

If this had them feeling betrayed and misled, they might want to look into a less competitive atmosphere where everyone gets a roster spot and equal playing time, because it only gets more competitive as the kids get older.

Comment

Same with Barca. Very sleazy.
                    Seems like every post have to have a moron posting in it- This was a thread about SUSA, NOT Barca.

Comment

Yeah, I still don't buy into it being "very sleazy" on Susa's part. The invites for teams are basically a form letter with the kids name plugged in. And, as evidenced by this thread-the team level-NPL, Elite, Premier. Hers probably said NPL and she in fact play in NPL.

Being on Susa the year before or not, has nothing to do with it. All the parents had to do was look up NPL to check out the league and they would've seen that there are 2 teams at U12. If it were that important for their kid to be on the "top team", they should've confirmed it with the coach. You can't blame a club for parents inferring that their kid would be on the top team, based on a few compliments.

If this had them feeling betrayed and misled, they might want to look into a less competitive atmosphere where everyone gets a roster spot and equal playing time, because it only gets more competitive as the kids get older.
                      Not OP. It does seem like there is a lot of confusion about which team is which when it comes to SUSA. Many people have posted about this issue.

Comment

Not OP. It does seem like there is a lot of confusion about which team is which when it comes to SUSA. Many people have posted about this issue.
                        It's not by accident. Easier to get people to register when they think their D team is the A team.

Comment

It's not by accident. Easier to get people to register when they think their D team is the A team.
                          You people have been reading too many conspiracy theory novels, lol. It's easy enough for parents to ASK what team is what or to look it up in a number of ways. Going in blindly and assuming your kid is on the A team with no knowledge of which team is the A team, is just ridiculous on parents part. Period.

Comment

What is SUSA ELITE

You people have been reading too many conspiracy theory novels, lol. It's easy enough for parents to ASK what team is what or to look it up in a number of ways. Going in blindly and assuming your kid is on the A team with no knowledge of which team is the A team, is just ridiculous on parents part. Period.
                            So, only ridiculous parents take their kids to SUSA?

Comment

So, only ridiculous parents take their kids to SUSA?
                              Clearly you just have an ax to grind, luckily the thread starter's legitimate question was answered 2 pages ago.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X