Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    To answer the OP question, it sure feels like a sack when overprotective mommies get to complain about their kid being cut from Friendship Cup and theno and behold the entire age group makes the roster. Oops.
    Don't knock the friendship cup. Lots of scouts there and an excellent venue at a good time of the year.

Comment

To answer the OP question, it sure feels like a sack when overprotective mommies get to complain about their kid being cut from Friendship Cup and theno and behold the entire age group makes the roster. Oops.
      Did that seriously happen? What age group?

Comment

Did that seriously happen? What age group?
        2006. Erik Lyslo is just using ODP as a vehicle to steal developed players to GDA and make some money. If you accept that and make your own informed decisions, it has its place. What I hate about it is the quality seriously is weakened when they cut no one. Iron sharpening iron happens occasionally, but far too infrequently as long as they keep taking anyone's money.

Comment

2006. Erik Lyslo is just using ODP as a vehicle to steal developed players to GDA and make some money. If you accept that and make your own informed decisions, it has its place. What I hate about it is the quality seriously is weakened when they cut no one. Iron sharpening iron happens occasionally, but far too infrequently as long as they keep taking anyone's money.
          Rosters did add 5 or more players each. I’m not against it though since the roster choices are often political anyway so why not give everyone a chance to play?

Comment

OYSA admin should get paid. It's only fair. Right.

This shell game has all of you twisted, not knowing which way is up. Attacking paper pushers.

That's why it continues. Ignorant masses.

Comment

It seems

OYSA admin should get paid. It's only fair. Right.

This shell game has all of you twisted, not knowing which way is up. Attacking paper pushers.

That's why it continues. Ignorant masses.

A quick glance shows that only 2006 seems to have changed. I wonder if they weren’t supposed to cut at all anyway. Who knows? Who cares? It’s about development. And that starts with players wanting it themselves. If this is a step they take to contribute to that more power to them.

Comment

good I found this thread...

RTC what a joke of a program. I will let other people sound off. But what’ a joke. ERIC Lyslo is the scam artist running the show. Complete embarrassment to the timbers organization and the state of Oregon.
                ...as I was planning to sign my 9 yrs. old son, who already plays up in local club gold division, for extra soccer. It seems this is far far from developing top players as other team academies in the world. If you want to recruit the best players it shall be free!!

Comment

...as I was planning to sign my 9 yrs. old son, who already plays up in local club gold division, for extra soccer. It seems this is far far from developing top players as other team academies in the world. If you want to recruit the best players it shall be free!!
                  I have two daughters that did ODP and RTC. They both opted out Freshman year in high school. It was a great experience for both. Money wasn’t horrible and great swagg. Play was high level and coaching was good to great, depending on year. No complaints and would recommend it.

Comment

It isn't terrible. It is better than sitting on the couch watching TV. My kid didn't get much out of it but YMMV.

Comment

Even at MLS clubs it's still a quasi-business. They use camps and other training programs to help fund DA, which USSF mandates them to be free. That costs them big bucks and they see very little reward from it - very few home growns will come out of any one club, and clubs can't profit from contracting them out elsewhere like they can abroad. So no, nine year olds aren't not going to be free. If he's got the skills when he's 14+ that's a different story. No one should participate hoping to be discovered. It's only for extra training. If you have that attitude then your only disappointment will be if the coaching is if the coaching isn't up to snuff.

Comment

Even at MLS clubs it's still a quasi-business. They use camps and other training programs to help fund DA, which USSF mandates them to be free. That costs them big bucks and they see very little reward from it - very few home growns will come out of any one club, and clubs can't profit from contracting them out elsewhere like they can abroad. So no, nine year olds aren't not going to be free. If he's got the skills when he's 14+ that's a different story. No one should participate hoping to be discovered. It's only for extra training. If you have that attitude then your only disappointment will be if the coaching is if the coaching isn't up to snuff.
                        Man City, Ajax, etc. academies start at U9. My son is 9 yrs. old and he is on the radar of scouts overseas already (can play in Europe). Nobody from the Timbers knows he exists. Who is doing scouting for the Timbers? Timbers should scout, give tryouts, and provide scholarships to top prospects at 9, 10 yrs. old. Why scholarships only on family income? You want a player in your academy and you expect that player to pay you and you have the right on that player? Something is definitely wrong...sorry

Comment

Man City, Ajax, etc. academies start at U9. My son is 9 yrs. old and he is on the radar of scouts overseas already (can play in Europe). Nobody from the Timbers knows he exists. Who is doing scouting for the Timbers? Timbers should scout, give tryouts, and provide scholarships to top prospects at 9, 10 yrs. old. Why scholarships only on family income? You want a player in your academy and you expect that player to pay you and you have the right on that player? Something is definitely wrong...sorry
                          OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

If your kid is that great, then move back overseas. He'll stagnate in the US. Seriously.

Comment

Bwhahahaha!! Did you make a YouTube video dad?

Comment

OMG I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

If your kid is that great, then move back overseas. He'll stagnate in the US. Seriously.
                              Hahaha. It sounds I am delusional...

Comment

Bwhahahaha!! Did you make a YouTube video dad?
                                Highly unlikely anyone will find you on youtube...

So it is seems it is unrealistic to consider European-academy style at least here in Oregon...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X