Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    what? this is their show. and they apparently picked "winners" as recently as the last couple weeks.
    Have you seen some of the clubs in GDA? Not all are the best this country has to offer.

Comment

Seriously, what's the deal with LI SC? Very little info on their website, tryouts on Sunday the 21st. They better get moving quick. Not sure I believe LM about not fielding teams though.

Comment

Seriously, what's the deal with LI SC? Very little info on their website, tryouts on Sunday the 21st. They better get moving quick. Not sure I believe LM about not fielding teams though.
        I also heard LISC wasn't fielding teams this Fall. BUT, I heard it from a former EM player's disgruntled dad who complained constantly that his kid didn't get enough PT and wasn't considered a star at EM. He claimed EM screwed everything up and LISC wasn't going to have teams in the Fall and maybe not ever, so they haaaaad to go to Alby-Fury.

I took it with a grain of salt, assuming he was pissed his little Mia wasn't fawned over, but who knows? He's been right about other info in the past, but wrong too..,

Comment

I also heard LISC wasn't fielding teams this Fall. BUT, I heard it from a former EM player's disgruntled dad who complained constantly that his kid didn't get enough PT and wasn't considered a star at EM. He claimed EM screwed everything up and LISC wasn't going to have teams in the Fall and maybe not ever, so they haaaaad to go to Alby-Fury.

I took it with a grain of salt, assuming he was pissed his little Mia wasn't fawned over, but who knows? He's been right about other info in the past, but wrong too..,
          Also heard from a parent that EM screwed up, but EM claimed they want and have nothing to do with DA. How bad will USSF look if LI SC can't field teams (which I still think they will)? So EM screwed up by applying and thinking they can manage it, but there has to be more to the story. Some entity or pro club must be behind LI SC or USSF would not have given it to them.

Comment

Also heard from a parent that EM screwed up, but EM claimed they want and have nothing to do with DA. How bad will USSF look if LI SC can't field teams (which I still think they will)? So EM screwed up by applying and thinking they can manage it, but there has to be more to the story. Some entity or pro club must be behind LI SC or USSF would not have given it to them.
            LI SC is backed by the LI Rough Riders.

Comment

LI SC is backed by the LI Rough Riders.
              And the LI Rough Riders are backed by NYCFC.

I would say that they are having a disastrous start as East Meadow was to provide the players/teams and that blew up in everyone's faces but with that kind of backing I'm pretty sure that they will be ok in the long run.

Comment

Catching up on the posts. IMHO NY's tryout season is too late period. NJ does theirs starting in April. So anybody bordering NJ (like us in SI) may already have a roster spot with a GDA or ECNL team because border communities have already tried out in the Garden State. That means some NY talent is not staying in the state. I'm not sure if that matters except perhaps when GDA teams W-L records become fodder for discussion.

Comment

Catching up on the posts. IMHO NY's tryout season is too late period. NJ does theirs starting in April. So anybody bordering NJ (like us in SI) may already have a roster spot with a GDA or ECNL team because border communities have already tried out in the Garden State. That means some NY talent is not staying in the state. I'm not sure if that matters except perhaps when GDA teams W-L records become fodder for discussion.
                  As of now, it looks like ECNl won out on LI. Not so in other areas of the country.

Comment

How was the LISC turnout yesterday at tryouts?

Comment

How was the LISC turnout yesterday at tryouts?
                      No idea, but the rumor now is that Massapequa may end up providing all the GDA teams for LISC.

Comment

No idea, but the rumor now is that Massapequa may end up providing all the GDA teams for LISC.
                        Perfect. Sounds just like what us soccer laid out as their vision for the gda

Comment

This is what has been wrong with Long Island soccer, entire teams or clubs being rebranded to fit a need

I can't believe that USSF would want to perpetuate this practice. It's essentially rebranding a NPL team ... stupid, stupid, stupid

Comment

Wait a minute, are you saying a club whose-
                            -U12 and U14 teams sit in dead last place in their league with 1 win each and both recording losses in the double digits. Not to mention they can't even field a 2nd team at U12, when every other club does.
                            -U13 and U16 teams sit in the bottom third of their league (on a good week they can climb all the way to 7 out of 10) and are frequently sent home winless from any decent tournament
                            -U17 is mediocre at best grasping at .500 with every ounce of fight they have

isn't what USSF had in mind when they launched their prestigious "development academy" for girls????

To their credit, MSC has a decent U15 team. I guess that's enough to satisfy "the vision"...
                            Lol, what a joke! At least Fury has some solid players, maybe LI won't be completely humiliated in this new league.

Comment

Not that massapequa is not highly regarded, but how can it make sense for the players in the gda to all come from one club or team?

Comment

Not that massapequa is not highly regarded, but how can it make sense for the players in the gda to all come from one club or team?
                                The first year, if not the first two years of the GDA is going to have many member clubs scrambling to build teams. If LISC really did partner with Massapequa they would not be alone in rebranding existing teams in order to field.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X