Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Privilege of Play: Why the world’s game is a white game in the U.S.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I bet you are a Caucasian saying that
    I see validity of one’s opinion is based on skin color now. Sounds just a wee bit racist 🤷🏾*♂️

Comment

Dude, reminder.
      80% of the elderly coronavirus deaths have been in democrat contolled states.
      The highest unemployment is in Democrat run states.
      The highest crime is in Democrat run states.
      The most racial deaths and unreast in Democrat run states.
      Death don’t care about political parties, only idiots do.
      But, to play along, what color states are struggling now?

Comment

Abortion is not going to stop, idiot. Roe v Wade is a states' rights vs federal rights issue.
        Wrong, it is a Constitutional right.
        So like the rest of your deplorable brethren, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And speaking of idiots, your ahole-in-chief doesn’t understand feds vs states, either.
        Stupid is as stupid does...

Comment

So like the rest of your deplorable brethren, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

And speaking of idiots, your ahole-in-chief doesn’t understand feds vs states, either.
          It’s not a constitutional right by any stretch of the imagination. The court relied on the precedent in Griswold v. Connecticut that a broad "right to privacy" can be crafted from penumbras, formed by emanations. Then the court extended that right to privacy to include the killing of a third party.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848420]What a terrible person you are. I hope someday you find solace in your life.[/QU

Which part of the statement about societies caring for their most vulnerable do you disagree with? Do you disagree with the concept that Republicans want to protect their wealth and possessions?

If Jesus came to Earth today, would he be a Republican? NO, he would be most likely a Democrat (and would probably not like them very much either). Actually, he would probably be killed by a white supremacist, because he'd be a brown man marching for freedom and equality and as soon as he got a following he'd be targeted.

Just remember, if Jesus is who you look to for solace in your life - know that he'd probably be disgusted by you...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848486]
              What a terrible person you are. I hope someday you find solace in your life.[/QU

Which part of the statement about societies caring for their most vulnerable do you disagree with? Do you disagree with the concept that Republicans want to protect their wealth and possessions?

If Jesus came to Earth today, would he be a Republican? NO, he would be most likely a Democrat (and would probably not like them very much either). Actually, he would probably be killed by a white supremacist, because he'd be a brown man marching for freedom and equality and as soon as he got a following he'd be targeted.

Just remember, if Jesus is who you look to for solace in your life - know that he'd probably be disgusted by you...
              What was that Ghandi quote, something like "I don't care much for your Christians. They aren't very Christ like".

Comment

The anti-white anti-Christian brigade is out in full force.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848486]
                  What a terrible person you are. I hope someday you find solace in your life.[/QU

Teaching a person to fish (republican) vs giving the man a fish (Democrat)

Comment

I am happy to see that everyone knows the importance of states independence. This will avoid any discussions about abolishing the electoral college.

Comment

It’s not a constitutional right by any stretch of the imagination. The court relied on the precedent in Griswold v. Connecticut that a broad "right to privacy" can be crafted from penumbras, formed by emanations. Then the court extended that right to privacy to include the killing of a third party.
                      You are correct about it not being A Constitutional right, but protected under a right to privacy clause.
                      You beat me to Wiki.
                      Nice use of big words-you can’t possibly be a devotee of Trump.

Comment

You are correct about it not being A Constitutional right, but protected under a right to privacy clause.
                        You beat me to Wiki.
                        Nice use of big words-you can’t possibly be a devotee of Trump.
                        There’s no debate it is currently a right, but to say it’s a right granted by the constitution is not correct.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848503]

Teaching a person to fish (republican) vs giving the man a fish (Democrat)
                          When has a Republican ever cared about teaching anything to anyone, other than showing their kids how to poke the holes in their pillowcase so they can see better at night?

BTW - I do agree that the Democrats would better serve their members by giving away less fish...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848516]

When has a Republican ever cared about teaching anything to anyone, other than showing their kids how to poke the holes in their pillowcase so they can see better at night?

BTW - I do agree that the Democrats would better serve their members by giving away less fish...
                            The first part of your statement shows why we have problems discussing issues in this country. Everyone (R and D) is dealing in absolutes and caricatures of what they believe the other side to be. Especially once the word Racist comes out, or is inferred as you have done above. All discussion is halted.

We only have two (real) parties in this country. Yet it is entirely possible to be financially responsible and support minority rights at the same time. Regardless of how this election turns out, we need to stop painting with such broad brushstrokes.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;2848579]

The first part of your statement shows why we have problems discussing issues in this country. Everyone (R and D) is dealing in absolutes and caricatures of what they believe the other side to be. Especially once the word Racist comes out, or is inferred as you have done above. All discussion is halted.

We only have two (real) parties in this country. Yet it is entirely possible to be financially responsible and support minority rights at the same time. Regardless of how this election turns out, we need to stop painting with such broad brushstrokes.
                              I wrote that, and I agree with you. I just couldn't help myself, so I basically painted with the same broad brush that the other guy did. Not helping, I suppose.

In fairness, I know lots of conservatives who recognize the reality of racial injustice, loath the current president and are willing to talk about the current state of affairs with an open mind. The extreme wings of both parties (D&R) give rise to the caricatures, and really get in the way of compromise - because they both will aggressively trash any moderate member of their party who is not "pure" enough. As an independent who generally has voted more conservative over the years, it is extremely frustrating.

Comment

Agree with the above, and the extreme ends are only magnified by the media. 24/7 news is way too dull without controversy. More Americans are a few degrees left or right of center than the politicians and the media want us to think.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X