Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This was always the likely plan in year 1.
    No it wasn't - CA was the plan for November and is still on the (awful) website. They just won't be able to execute it. Think they can pull off a November regional event in a few weeks? Good luck with that.

ECNL better take note - their events are skeptical as well.

Comment

didn't 06 PDA blue pickup a stud 07 player from CT??? cant tell as ECNL hasn't posted any rosters on their site.
      ECNL has everything on their app if you feel the need to stalk kids teams.

Comment

No it wasn't - CA was the plan for November and is still on the (awful) website. They just won't be able to execute it. Think they can pull off a November regional event in a few weeks? Good luck with that.

Yes, it was. We were told very clearly of their intent to model showcases after the GDA plan (i.e. winter, spring and early summer), but it was doubtful it would go forward. Makes no sense to plan for thousands of kids to travel across the country right now. So, as a fall back, they have planned for regionalized camps which would hopefully go forward in their place.

In essence, it's following the exact path we've been told...even that we cannot have the November regional showcase as that's also a possibility. This didn't just fall out of the sky on a whim as you make it sound.

It's probably a little more helpful to speak from a position of knowledge vs. just making shlt up.

Comment

Yes, it was. We were told very clearly of their intent to model showcases after the GDA plan (i.e. winter, spring and early summer), but it was doubtful it would go forward. Makes no sense to plan for thousands of kids to travel across the country right now. So, as a fall back, they have planned for regionalized camps which would hopefully go forward in their place.

In essence, it's following the exact path we've been told...even that we cannot have the November regional showcase as that's also a possibility. This didn't just fall out of the sky on a whim as you make it sound.

It's probably a little more helpful to speak from a position of knowledge vs. just making shlt up.
          Signed,

I think I know everything

Comment

Signed,

I think I know everything

Speaking for myself, I don't know a lot. But, what I do, I will say. If I don't, I'll listen and learn.

Give it a shot sometime.

Comment

Na na na na nana

Na na na na nana

Comment

MF Shore #1 Na na na na nana

Comment

Pretty sure ECNL had an idea things were still going to be unsettled come Fall/Winter. My kid's ECNL club didn't even put in for any event in 2020, everyone rightly figured the dead period would go through end of 2020 and it wasn't worth it.

Comment

Pretty sure ECNL had an idea things were still going to be unsettled come Fall/Winter. My kid's ECNL club didn't even put in for any event in 2020, everyone rightly figured the dead period would go through end of 2020 and it wasn't worth it.
                    Listening and reading what the medical community have been predicting for this fall everything will be on hold especially holding National events with all 4 regions participating. With the current spikes in the virus expected as well as the start of the flu season this is a “perfect storm” for a major health crisis. When you can’t get parents to wear masks and enforce the 5 guidelines put out by the CDC nationwide we will get what we deserve because of the stupidity of those who think they are smarter than the medical community. Anyone who thinks there will be any National events before April 2021 better think again or start wearing a mask now and help instead of not wearing a mask and yelling your rights are being violated.

Comment

Listening and reading what the medical community have been predicting for this fall everything will be on hold especially holding National events with all 4 regions participating. With the current spikes in the virus expected as well as the start of the flu season this is a “perfect storm” for a major health crisis. When you can’t get parents to wear masks and enforce the 5 guidelines put out by the CDC nationwide we will get what we deserve because of the stupidity of those who think they are smarter than the medical community. Anyone who thinks there will be any National events before April 2021 better think again or start wearing a mask now and help instead of not wearing a mask and yelling your rights are being violated.
                      Colleges should extend the no-recruiting and no-showcasing. That would effectively stop the need to drink at the bar and spread the virus. Local games and scrimmages could still go on.

The risk at the game is low, the risk at the hotel bar where people travel from 10 states is high.

Comment

Colleges should extend the no-recruiting and no-showcasing. That would effectively stop the need to drink at the bar and spread the virus. Local games and scrimmages could still go on.

The risk at the game is low, the risk at the hotel bar where people travel from 10 states is high.
                        Um, they did. NCAA announced a couple days ago that dead period was extended through January 1st, 2021. My kid's coach told us back in early Summer that they weren't putting in for the November ECNL Showcase because they expected the dead period to still be in effect. That's why it was odd when GAL was touting their big National event in CA for late Fall, no need to have a big National Showcase if coaches can't go.

Comment

Um, they did. NCAA announced a couple days ago that dead period was extended through January 1st, 2021. My kid's coach told us back in early Summer that they weren't putting in for the November ECNL Showcase because they expected the dead period to still be in effect. That's why it was odd when GAL was touting their big National event in CA for late Fall, no need to have a big National Showcase if coaches can't go.
                          Yes that announcement will effectively kill of the CA event, which was already doubtful because of travel and too many cases across the US.

Comment

Can't wait to see the my club has more D1s and is the best, in June/July. With the recruitment freeze for D1s wonder how many will jump to D2 or even D3 to secure scholarships. And yes I know D3 doesn't give sports scholarships but they do "assist" with academic scholarships for athletes.

Comment

NCAA already did it for them - dead period now goes to Jan 1 2021. Consider whatever was left of 21 recruiting dead and buried. Coaches are moving on to 22s and 23s

Comment

Can't wait to see the my club has more D1s and is the best, in June/July. With the recruitment freeze for D1s wonder how many will jump to D2 or even D3 to secure scholarships. And yes I know D3 doesn't give sports scholarships but they do "assist" with academic scholarships for athletes.
                                That is part myth and varies wildly by school. You won't get much academic money unless you have some grades to help justify it.

If recruiting can resume in January, the 22s still have time to get recruited, albeit on a later time table. Kids trying to get seen by local schools can invited them to practices and games and probably should - big showcase events might not happen until later in the spring. It's all too unpredictable so take advantage of any avenue you can

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X