Covid and Soccer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A pretty good guess is not the same as known. It’s a guess, even if it’s pretty good, it’s a guess. Your own link from Mayo says things like “may affect” “potential long term.”

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      A pretty good guess is not the same as known. It’s a guess, even if it’s pretty good, it’s a guess. Your own link from Mayo says things like “may affect” “potential long term.”
      Yes, the deadly disease has only been around for 9 months, so we are only beginning to understand the long term effects. We've got pretty good insight though. We do know one of the long term effects is death, so that seems pretty bad.

Again curious how bad things need to get before you all start advocating for caution and a slow reopening rather than letting little Jonnie or Karen play? Why go right to games between clubs some of whom are in counties that are really struggling?

Comment

So Lord Inslee is going to have a press conference today with executives from Alaska Airlines and Delta Airlines essentially begging people to get on planes. We’ll do that to bailout airlines again, but my kid can’t drive across town to play soccer? What is happening?

Comment

Aren't we supposed to hear something today or tomorrow regarding youth soccer? Seems like we are heading the way towards games...

Comment

Aren't we supposed to hear something today or tomorrow regarding youth soccer? Seems like we are heading the way towards games...
            People that I know that work in Olympia have told me today, but I guess we will wait and see. I still think locals games are ok, but there’s no reason to have teams traveling over mountain passes. Let’s be honest, most of those teams shouldn’t ever be traveling 5 hours to Spokane, let alone during a pandemic.

Comment

People that I know that work in Olympia have told me today, but I guess we will wait and see. I still think locals games are ok, but there’s no reason to have teams traveling over mountain passes. Let’s be honest, most of those teams shouldn’t ever be traveling 5 hours to Spokane, let alone during a pandemic.
              Thankfully, the Governor's office was able to get out their guidelines allowing even modified phase 1 counties to have corn mazes, haunted houses, and u-pick Christmas tree farms. Had to make all of that clear for some reason before getting to youth sports.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-med...ce-agritourism

Comment

Thankfully, the Governor's office was able to get out their guidelines allowing even modified phase 1 counties to have corn mazes, haunted houses, and u-pick Christmas tree farms. Had to make all of that clear for some reason before getting to youth sports.

https://www.governor.wa.gov/news-med...ce-agritourism
                Agri-tourism is huge business ($$$$$) between orchards, wineries, etc.

Comment

Soccer

Why? The curve has flattened.

Comment

Why? The curve has flattened.
                    I agree with previous post. It doesn't seem necessary if we just want to get out of the gates. Restaurants, hotels. Not necessary imo. Seems like we could go backwards without need when we can get games locally for now. Personally, if there's a 10% chance that a team or club would have to isolate and disrupt other games for a travel game, I'm not in favor. Maybe if we can get 6 months of local games first...

Comment

I agree with previous post. It doesn't seem necessary if we just want to get out of the gates. Restaurants, hotels. Not necessary imo. Seems like we could go backwards without need when we can get games locally for now. Personally, if there's a 10% chance that a team or club would have to isolate and disrupt other games for a travel game, I'm not in favor. Maybe if we can get 6 months of local games first...
                      Hypothetical. One player (or family member) tests + after a travel trip. How does that impact their team and their next scheduled game (and the last team they played)??

Comment

Hypothetical. One player (or family member) tests + after a travel trip. How does that impact their team and their next scheduled game (and the last team they played)??
                        It would have to be treated just like the pods are supposed to be treated which is the team on both sides would have to be quarantined and treated as positive until two weeks or a negative test. The games would have to be cancelled.

Comment

none

Inslee will have to allow youth sports if he's allowing 200-person business meetings. Otherwise he looks like very foolish and/or simply responsive to lobbying efforts...

Comment

Inslee will have to allow youth sports if he's allowing 200-person business meetings. Otherwise he looks like very foolish and/or simply responsive to lobbying efforts...
                            Bowling alleys are open, but 22 kids cant play soccer outside on a 2 acre field. Its insanity at this point. PAC12 just announced they are re-starting football and basketball in November. Clearly about $$$ and lobbyists at this point. Why else was the press conference today a giant marketing piece from Delta and Alaska Airlines to convince people to get on death tubes?

Comment

Myopia: a lack of foresight or discernment : a narrow view of something
                              it’s an example dumbas$

Comment

it’s an example dumbas$
                                like your mom's an example of people who would have been better off without kids?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X