Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    If you are to lazy to look it up, you know it’s the truth... 05 MLS bracket, Westons second team finished 2nd.. I’ll wait for you to confirm..
    How did Weston’s first team, MLS Team, finish in that bracket?

Comment

There is plenty of Boys ECNL teams that will wipe the floor against MLS teams. Already seen it a few times this year, so get out of here with that BS talk..
      That I can believe especially FL clubs that didn't really have a successful DA program before. Only thing here is to wait and see next season. This startup season is really a loss especially for the '02/03 boys trying to play college, no real events to get exposure.

Comment

How did Weston’s first team, MLS Team, finish in that bracket?
        The MLS team was first, Westons second team was second.

Comment

just a first couple of games and should not read too much into it, but weston 05 teams looked really strong (both teams) compared to the competition. the MLS team moves the ball extremely well. 2nd team is very scrappy and competitive. weston is once again loaded in the 05 age group.

Comment

I am a parent of an MLS NEXT player but I also think ECNL is a good league and needed as part of the landscape. We have to be honest with ourselves though, MLS is where the top players in Florida will go if they have a chance.
            We have scrimmaged 2 ECNL clubs since late August and we have won both games, one score was 9-0 and the other was 8-2. Both of those clubs were in the top 7 prior to covid in their age bracket. First game our boys were just on, one of those games that everything went our way, second game was scrappy through half and we were up 3-1. When both teams started playing the bench is when we separated from them.
            Both are good leagues and I would like to see both stay around and not merge like some have said is going to happen.

Comment

And that proves that boys ECNL is good?

AM I missing something?

Comment

If your son doesn't play for Inter or Weston, I"m skeptical. The next level MLS teams are just not that good. My kid plays for an ECNL team and we had basically the opposite result in an early scrimmage vs. an MLS Next team. The reality is that at the moment both leagues are competing and neither is on top anymore. The top of both are better than the middle of both. But, the actual MLS clubs are definitely still the top.

I am a parent of an MLS NEXT player but I also think ECNL is a good league and needed as part of the landscape. We have to be honest with ourselves though, MLS is where the top players in Florida will go if they have a chance.
                We have scrimmaged 2 ECNL clubs since late August and we have won both games, one score was 9-0 and the other was 8-2. Both of those clubs were in the top 7 prior to covid in their age bracket. First game our boys were just on, one of those games that everything went our way, second game was scrappy through half and we were up 3-1. When both teams started playing the bench is when we separated from them.
                Both are good leagues and I would like to see both stay around and not merge like some have said is going to happen.

Comment

And that proves that boys ECNL is good?

AM I missing something?
                  Yeah a brain... Weston doesn't have a ECNL team, and their second team beat one MLS team, tied another 2. Like it was said above, plenty of non mls teams can compete with lower tier MLS teams..
                  Wake up!

Comment

If your son doesn't play for Inter or Weston, I"m skeptical. The next level MLS teams are just not that good. My kid plays for an ECNL team and we had basically the opposite result in an early scrimmage vs. an MLS Next team. The reality is that at the moment both leagues are competing and neither is on top anymore. The top of both are better than the middle of both. But, the actual MLS clubs are definitely still the top.
                    Agreed.. Plenty of ECNL teams can hang with MLS teams.

Comment

Oh, now I see where you are confused. I mean actual MLS club academy teams. But sure argue about who is the best of the rest as if it matters.

They are all just clubs at that point. And while ECNL teams may be better that doesn't mean the MLS clubs would rather play against equivalent scrubs in ECNL when they can play against MLS Academies.

Comment

Oh, now I see where you are confused. I mean actual MLS club academy teams. But sure argue about who is the best of the rest as if it matters.

They are all just clubs at that point. And while ECNL teams may be better that doesn't mean the MLS clubs would rather play against equivalent scrubs in ECNL when they can play against MLS Academies.
                        What you are meaning to say, is the embarrassment that would go along with losing to any non MLS team would be to much for little Johnny and his parents to take. Got it!

Comment

Rec teams will beat IMG WFF all dayh

Comment

I'm not sure the CC teams from 05 and down are much better.

Rec teams will beat IMG WFF all dayh

Comment

What you are meaning to say, is the embarrassment that would go along with losing to any non MLS team would be to much for little Johnny and his parents to take. Got it!
                              Is Weston a MLS club?

Comment

Yeah a brain... Weston doesn't have a ECNL team, and their second team beat one MLS team, tied another 2. Like it was said above, plenty of non mls teams can compete with lower tier MLS teams..
                                Wake up!
                                Kids are going no where pick a side it’s all $$$$ heist pathway to no end

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X