Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Non-oysa clubs not doing the mask thing.
    ECNL teams seem to be

Comment

Shouldn't parents get to decide? This is ridiculous.
      Luckily, as a parent you CAN decide! If your kid can't or won't wear a mask, they can take up online chess. Do parents whine about their kids having to wear shin guards? Or not being able to wear metal cleats?

Just think of it as part of the uniform.

Comment

You need air

Luckily, as a parent you CAN decide! If your kid can't or won't wear a mask, they can take up online chess. Do parents whine about their kids having to wear shin guards? Or not being able to wear metal cleats?

Just think of it as part of the uniform.
        You are an idiot. Of course it is different than shin guards or footwear. If you wear a mask you limit your O2 intake. While standing or sitting wearing a mask is probably not a big deal. You can probably even do light activity. While doing heavy exercise your body requires more oxygen. When you put a mask on during exercise you limit your O2 intake.

You are depriving a child of air during exercise, that is just how it is. Nothing good can happen when you deprive your body of the air it requires, nothing. If you are depriving a child of air they need you are a terrible human.

Comment

You are an idiot. Of course it is different than shin guards or footwear. If you wear a mask you limit your O2 intake. While standing or sitting wearing a mask is probably not a big deal. You can probably even do light activity. While doing heavy exercise your body requires more oxygen. When you put a mask on during exercise you limit your O2 intake.

You are depriving a child of air during exercise, that is just how it is. Nothing good can happen when you deprive your body of the air it requires, nothing. If you are depriving a child of air they need you are a terrible human.
          You're lost on the Internet again, Karen. This is a soccer forum. The anti-science forum is that way -------------------->

Comment

You're lost on the Internet again, Karen. This is a soccer forum. The anti-science forum is that way -------------------->
            Anti science? Really? You do realize it's nearly impossible for covid to be spread by playing soccer. That's not anti science, that's common sense. Thinking that a kid needs a mask to play soccer is just buying into the mass fear and hysteria.

Comment

Anti science? Really? You do realize it's nearly impossible for covid to be spread by playing soccer. That's not anti science, that's common sense. Thinking that a kid needs a mask to play soccer is just buying into the mass fear and hysteria.
              If you are concerned that your kids can’t get sufficient oxygen wearing a mask then don’t send them to soccer. You are the parent and can either follow the rule and have your kid wear a mask or keep them home. Seems pretty simple to me.

Comment

Okay, move on you are clearly an idiot. It is absolutely very possible to spread covid-19 playing soccer. I'm with you and whoever else was talking about how difficult it is to run and exert yourself with the mask on. There is no doubt that that makes it harder to get the proper amount of oxygen your lungs and the rest of your body, just making the heart work harder. However, unfortunately it is a necessity at this point. And as a previous poster said keep your child out you do have a choice. But please don't bring your no mask BS onto here I am sick and tired of you idiots. Selfish morons like yourself or the reason why we are back up to being almost 400 cases today.

Comment

Okay, move on you are clearly an idiot. It is absolutely very possible to spread covid-19 playing soccer. I'm with you and whoever else was talking about how difficult it is to run and exert yourself with the mask on. There is no doubt that that makes it harder to get the proper amount of oxygen your lungs and the rest of your body, just making the heart work harder. However, unfortunately it is a necessity at this point. And as a previous poster said keep your child out you do have a choice. But please don't bring your no mask BS onto here I am sick and tired of you idiots. Selfish morons like yourself or the reason why we are back up to being almost 400 cases today.
                  There hasn't been any spread of covid via soccer. There have been a few studies done across the US. Most of the spread in Oregon continues to be workplace outbreaks.

Comment

Just joining this conversation. I’m 100% pro-mask, but there’s no way kids should be wearing them while playing games under heavy physical exertion. Have any of you actually tried doing strenuous cardio with a mask on. I have and it’s very restrictive to getting enough oxygen and not good for you and there’s absolutely no way I’d let my kid play with a mask on as that’s just not safe. But, I don’t think there’s anybody making kids actually play games with masks on are there? I think they’re talking about warmups or light practicing and that would be ok if not too strenuous

Comment

Just joining this conversation. I’m 100% pro-mask, but there’s no way kids should be wearing them while playing games under heavy physical exertion. Have any of you actually tried doing strenuous cardio with a mask on. I have and it’s very restrictive to getting enough oxygen and not good for you and there’s absolutely no way I’d let my kid play with a mask on as that’s just not safe. But, I don’t think there’s anybody making kids actually play games with masks on are there? I think they’re talking about warmups or light practicing and that would be ok if not too strenuous
                      Yes, they are. Kids played a game last weekend full mask. Stupidest thing ever. They were all yanking them down every 5 min trying to get their breath.

Comment

There hasn't been any spread of covid via soccer. There have been a few studies done across the US. Most of the spread in Oregon continues to be workplace outbreaks.
                        Based on the University of Wisconsin Study there has been one case linked to transmission during soccer activities... Out of 90,000 players lololololollolol. Soccer is incredibly low risk.

Comment

This whole wearing a mask while playing soccer is for the birds. Has anyone seen players trying this. This is being required by our club. I am having to pull my child out because they can't breath while running.

I can't put my child at risk. I also understand the Covid risk. Weighing this out, I guess not play.
                          Give me a break- if your kid can’t breath with a mask on they have respiratory issues to begin with and should maybe do a little more cardio and get off the Xbox and lay off the Cheetos

Comment

Based on the University of Wisconsin Study there has been one case linked to transmission during soccer activities... Out of 90,000 players lololololollolol. Soccer is incredibly low risk.
                            Two points.

It wasn't one. It was hundreds.

Two, there was only voluntary testing and reporting, so this isn't a well architected study. As noted kids are largely asymptomatic and as acknowledge in the study it doesn't catch those or any community spread.

Comment

I do. I run with a mask on and while I'm not Bolt, my 8:45ish pace get's my heart rate up. I don't think the mask interferes with oxygen at all. But it is uncomfortable. I recently started using the space saver from de soto and while it's still pretty humid and hot under the mask, I enjoy it being away from my mouth.

https://www.desotosport.com/products/mask-space-frame

Comment

Two points.

It wasn't one. It was hundreds.

Two, there was only voluntary testing and reporting, so this isn't a well architected study. As noted kids are largely asymptomatic and as acknowledge in the study it doesn't catch those or any community spread.
                                Read the study. It was one. I dont feel the need to even address your other points until we get a solid handle on reading comprehension.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X