• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pique and Roberto to Cup the Ribbon

Hope the rain stops by then and Shakira shows up with Pique!! 💃

Mention in the last paragraph.

https://www.google.com/amp/nypost.co...l-he-land/amp/

"And at 1 p.m. on Monday, Gerard Pique and Sergi Roberto will host a groundbreaking ceremony for their first academy outside of Barcelona, at Kings Park in Suffolk County."

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      "And at 1 p.m. on Monday, Gerard Pique and Sergi Roberto will host a groundbreaking ceremony for their first academy outside of Barcelona, at Kings Park in Suffolk County."
      It got canceled due to bad weather. Its not happening today

Comment

It got canceled due to bad weather. Its not happening today
        Too bad because the rain is supposed to stop and they just downgraded the storm.

I just wanted to put the NYP story up since so many are spreading lies about this academy.

Comment

Too bad because the rain is supposed to stop and they just downgraded the storm.

I just wanted to put the NYP story up since so many are spreading lies about this academy.
          It's very unfortunate all the BS being said. It will be rescheduled soon im sure.

Comment

So what is this place? Barcaacademy.com

Comment

Well, it isn't an academy, but yes, lots of lies being spread about it.

Comment

Why did the post article name those players while the email to families mention other dignitaries? Both communications came out on Saturday. I'm all for getting the truth out but how truthful are they being?

Comment

Well, it isn't an academy, but yes, lots of lies being spread about it.
                  Good god people. It's not a Developmental Academy under USSF.

However, USSF doesn't own the term academy. Academy is a widely used term in the world to denote a training program or school

Comment

However, USSF doesn't own the term academy. Academy is a widely used term in the world to denote a training program or school
                    agreed..i feel like people are sheep and can't think on their own...

Comment

EXACTLY! do yourself a favor folks, google "top soccer academies in the world" spoiler alert.....
                      not one of them is a USSF DA. This idea that in order for a academy to be "real" or "good" it has to be a a USSF DA is silly. I'm not trying to minimize the USSF DA's, only point out that the best academies in the world are not USSF DA certified and no one in their right mind would suggest that they are not "real academies".

Comment

EXACTLY! do yourself a favor folks, google "top soccer academies in the world" spoiler alert.....
                        not one of them is a USSF DA. This idea that in order for a academy to be "real" or "good" it has to be a a USSF DA is silly. I'm not trying to minimize the USSF DA's, only point out that the best academies in the world are not USSF DA certified and no one in their right mind would suggest that they are not "real academies".
                        i am going to take it one further...if we all lived in spain or overseas..and our kids were lucky enough to be in one of the academies for one of the top clubs,,,and a US Soccer DA Academy club came in and set up shop,,,how many of us would go to that club. I would most definitely not.

Comment

Why did the post article name those players while the email to families mention other dignitaries? Both communications came out on Saturday. I'm all for getting the truth out but how truthful are they being?
                          The email invitation to the ribbon cutting asked that the academy players prepare questions for Belletti and Henry. It did not say that they would be the only two people in attendance. How is the news that Pique and Roberto would also be attending not "truthful"?

Comment

The problem with "academy" is that these clubs throw the term around as if it means something. I had a much too long conversation with a delusional SUSA parent not too long ago where he was arguing that SUSA is worth the extra money because it is an "academy".

Comment

taking advantage of parents naivety is one thing...however.. why should barca or valencia for that matter, change what they call their soccer schools? they call them academies.

if parents do not do their dud diligence..that is on them. if it is not part of the DA under USSF it is not part of the league...duh! however that should not preclude an established club from keeping their name.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X