Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    The club has already announced on their website that they will have a U16/U17 team next year. The U15 will just move into that age group.
    Their website says they're fielding the full slate of GDA ages in 2019-20, I hope for their sake that they don't. This was the problem with this "club" in the first place! Greedy and ill-equipped for the challenge they were taking on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, I'm just saying don't bite off more than you can chew. If the 2004 team is "solid", GREAT! Make them your flagship age group and build the club down from there. Don't slap together an 18/19 group, randomly pepper in a bunch of 2003 players wherever they're needed, move kids all around every weekend to fill roster slots that only serve the club, not the player, etc.

Build the GDA arm team by team, work to offer the kids the best training, get some undeniable observational success under your belts and over time, the club will mend its reputation and can possibly build something terrific!

Comment

Not at Fury or LISC but the 2004 LISC is solid and if Fury has one DA they would be solid too. Having three teams on LI is not the right thing. And we have two ECNL teams. Ideally one DA and two ECNL is what is needed. Will this ever happen?
      My thoughts exactly, but sadly-no that won't happen. Too much disposable income on LI to walk away from and the lengths parents are willing to go to just so they can say little Suzie's a star, is infinite.

Comment

Their website says they're fielding the full slate of GDA ages in 2019-20, I hope for their sake that they don't. This was the problem with this "club" in the first place! Greedy and ill-equipped for the challenge they were taking on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not hating, I'm just saying don't bite off more than you can chew. If the 2004 team is "solid", GREAT! Make them your flagship age group and build the club down from there. Don't slap together an 18/19 group, randomly pepper in a bunch of 2003 players wherever they're needed, move kids all around every weekend to fill roster slots that only serve the club, not the player, etc.

Build the GDA arm team by team, work to offer the kids the best training, get some undeniable observational success under your belts and over time, the club will mend its reputation and can possibly build something terrific!
        Same can be said of GDA as a whole. USSF chose to go full throttle with an overly ambitious plan (too many clubs) and didn't start at the the youngest years and build up from there. They should have only done U12-u15. It would have let them train players in the "DA way" (whatever that is) and they could have proven themselves as the kids got older. Instead they went right after the ECNL sweet spot of high school kids.

Comment

Same can be said of GDA as a whole. USSF chose to go full throttle with an overly ambitious plan (too many clubs) and didn't start at the the youngest years and build up from there. They should have only done U12-u15. It would have let them train players in the "DA way" (whatever that is) and they could have proven themselves as the kids got older. Instead they went right after the ECNL sweet spot of high school kids.
          So true. Their arrogance with not working with ECNL and doing “WHAT IS BEST’’ for the girls falls on them. Got worse from year one to year two and don’t see it getting better year three unless significant changes are made.

Comment

Oh, if they announced it, it must be so.
            Signed, Alby 2018-19 ECNL parent
            You were intentionally deceived. Alby didn't lose the ECNL last minute, it was a calculated plan to get all the ECNL girls to join the Alby GDA.

I like to think that most clubs would not do that to the girls, since it's supposed to be all about them. I know that LISC wouldn't.

Comment

You were intentionally deceived. Alby didn't lose the ECNL last minute, it was a calculated plan to get all the ECNL girls to join the Alby GDA.

I like to think that most clubs would not do that to the girls, since it's supposed to be all about them. I know that LISC wouldn't.
              Few clubs actually "care" about their players. It's a business. As long as there's a steady supply of check writing parents they don't care who is on the field. Same with USSF. If they had cared about building "the best" league they wouldn't have created such a large league which required too many mediocre clubs and players to fill holes. I also agree they should have started with the younger players and built up the league that way. It would have created a better product and shown a degree of sincerity. It also many have prevented so many good clubs from leaving

Comment

Few clubs actually "care" about their players. It's a business. As long as there's a steady supply of check writing parents they don't care who is on the field. Same with USSF. If they had cared about building "the best" league they wouldn't have created such a large league which required too many mediocre clubs and players to fill holes. I also agree they should have started with the younger players and built up the league that way. It would have created a better product and shown a degree of sincerity. It also many have prevented so many good clubs from leaving
                All this back and forth! SUSA will hold DA status on long island...in due time.

Comment

Why would they want that?

Comment

Why would they want that?
                    If USSF gave a 4th GDA badge to the area that says all you need to know - as if it weren't apparent already. It's all about the money and market share, nothing else.

Comment

If USSF gave a 4th GDA badge to the area that says all you need to know - as if it weren't apparent already. It's all about the money and market share, nothing else.
                      But why would they even want it? The gdas currently in existence seems to still need players much less another one. How would that help the club at all?

Comment

Hello troll...bye troll. You earned your salary from the marketing department.

Comment

Hello troll...bye troll. You earned your salary from the marketing department.
                          Don't think the marketing department was doing them any favors with that one.

Comment

But why would they even want it? The gdas currently in existence seems to still need players much less another one. How would that help the club at all?
                            Just a post from a SUSA troll. Like the Nycfc guy. This thread is about LISC. Not SUSA.

Comment

I was not deceived. You on the other hand, will be if you think you "know" what LISC would not do.

Comment

I was not deceived. You on the other hand, will be if you think you "know" what LISC would not do.
                                presuming all situations are the same is not making an informed theory. without knowing how our club operates, the discussions we've had - well you are just applying your experiences to a matter for which you are not involved. so keep thinking all things are the same and make your choices accordingly. we are good love, enjoy.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X