Talking-Soccer.com  
Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]

Go Back   Talking-Soccer.com > Soccer By Region / State > Region 1 > Massachusetts

Notices

Massachusetts Discussions about Massachusetts soccer.

Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

I suppose your still using a desktop macintosh II computer
Auto correct buddy. Try it sometime
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I suppose your still using a desktop macintosh II computer
Auto correct buddy. Try it sometime
Most of us can just pay attention to what we type. Only morons hit enter before they read what they wrote.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You sound like an owner of a club. So what happens to all these kids whose parents have paid to play all these years. Very few are playing in college and those few are going where the coaches double dip. Look at any roster. DA and International.

This is just a ludicrous statement and so unfounded in the absolute sense which is what your words are portraying. While DA players who are playing quite a bit have a better shot at getting into a D1 school, the inclusion of non DA players in college ball is huge, perhaps more so at the D2 and D3 schools. That said, the list of D1 players from Massachusetts is wide spread and DA players represent < 25%.
I will further qualify the DA benefit by excluding those who don't get on the field to be seen and who cannot put together a highlight reel for coaches to view. Those players might be better off on an NPL team with Stars, NEFC or GPS (certainly not Bolts), get on the field, and attend competitive tournaments. I exclude the Bolts since their NPL teams don't even bother to travel to quality tournaments. Perhaps the boys ECNL will be a strong step forward from the Bolts NPL

The only thing clear about your statement is the arrogance and snobbery of DA parents.
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Default FC Boston problems

Quote:
This is just a ludicrous statement and so unfounded in the absolute sense which is what your words are portraying. While DA players who are playing quite a bit have a better shot at getting into a D1 school, the inclusion of non DA players in college ball is huge, perhaps more so at the D2 and D3 schools. That said, the list of D1 players from Massachusetts is wide spread and DA players represent < 25%.
I will further qualify the DA benefit by excluding those who don't get on the field to be seen and who cannot put together a highlight reel for coaches to view. Those players might be better off on an NPL team with Stars, NEFC or GPS (certainly not Bolts), get on the field, and attend competitive tournaments. I exclude the Bolts since their NPL teams don't even bother to travel to quality tournaments. Perhaps the boys ECNL will be a strong step forward from the Bolts NPL

The only thing clear about your statement is the arrogance and snobbery of DA parents.
I am assuming that most of last years Bolts NPL teams will now move to the ECNL level so is that really a stronger step forward?
Old 1 Week Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
I am assuming that most of last years Bolts NPL teams will now move to the ECNL level so is that really a stronger step forward?
The first answer is that the league itself is a strong one. The second answer If last years Bolts NPL were simply moved up to the ECNL league and no. The teams would not be stronger. However, if a third of last year's weak NPL teams were moved to the ECNL teams and the rest of the teams are made up of pre Academy kids did not make academy, academy kids who weee not given waivers and outside kids then the teams will be stronger.

After that, it still remains to be seen how good the coaching is and how dedicated the club is to these new teams.
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

There will not be enough influx of talent leaving GPS, NEFC, Aztecs, Liverpool, Abbey, Seacoast to back fill 2 really good ECNL teams at stars and bolts. The teams will be slightly better than their NPL at best
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
There will not be enough influx of talent leaving GPS, NEFC, Aztecs, Liverpool, Abbey, Seacoast to back fill 2 really good ECNL teams at stars and bolts. The teams will be slightly better than their NPL at best
And your in depth statistical analysis is based on what? Of didbyiu just have a burst of angry energy after your morning coffee? Here is an idea for you....have more coffee....bottle up the energy and go the the commons today a a counter protester.....
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

You can't find 20+ players good enough to play really high level at each age group that will leave their existing club for a mediocre club (Stars, bolts) and an unknown as a far as a league (ECNL)
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

Quote:
You can't find 20+ players good enough to play really high level at each age group that will leave their existing club for a mediocre club (Stars, bolts) and an unknown as a far as a league (ECNL)
If your kid was at tryouts in spring you would be less clueless.
Old 2 Days Ago
Unregistered

You can have loads of kids at tryouts
But for a kid to leave their existing team or club isn't as easy you'd think
My kid decided to stay with his existing team despite getting an offer from the Stars