Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And, yet, the top Oregon teams are still having about the same level of success as always. So maybe the relative quality hasn't really dropped at all. Still far better competition than OYSA Premier. There is no doubt of that.
    There are no top Oregon teams that cannot get plenty of local competition. The only reason you do NWCL is for a different experience that has solid, but not elite competition. That's fine too for most.

Comment

There are no top Oregon teams that cannot get plenty of local competition. The only reason you do NWCL is for a different experience that has solid, but not elite competition. That's fine too for most.
      Yeah except we travelled to Seattle and played all Oregon teams. Lol. Coulda played them here.

Comment

Pretty sure you get a lot more games in OYSA vs NWCL, plus the competition is equitable in the premier division plus you don't have to drive to Seattle twice and spend at least $500 on hotels and travel. Heck I spent $250 including tax on just the one night hotel this last weekend.

Hope that helps you answer your question.
        And if 12 of those 14 games in OYSA are useless for development because the competition is so poor, aren't you just wasting $1000 to get maybe 2 good games? Much better to spend that money on NWCL

Comment

And, yet, the top Oregon teams are still having about the same level of success as always. So maybe the relative quality hasn't really dropped at all. Still far better competition than OYSA Premier. There is no doubt of that.
          Ok, I am starting to get all the anti-NWCL posts on this thread - somehow this is a threat to Timbers' world.

As an answer to our specific team, the answer was yes - definitely worth it at our age/gender. Don't know if that was true for every team in our club, although think the answer was generally yes.

More broadly it is an outlet outside of Timbers-world; beginning to think that is a good in itself.

Comment

Let's be honest. NWCL is truly "anyone can play in league"
            The quality is about 20% of what it used to be. That is not my opinion but rather general facts. (I mean, it could be 22% of what is used to be 😃)

The question is, as they start adding these one off club teams like salmon Creek, HSC and a ton of PSPL teams does it still seem worth it for $1000?
            HSC earned a spot via OR State Cup champion. Not sure about the others.

Comment

Ok, I am starting to get all the anti-NWCL posts on this thread - somehow this is a threat to Timbers' world.

As an answer to our specific team, the answer was yes - definitely worth it at our age/gender. Don't know if that was true for every team in our club, although think the answer was generally yes.

More broadly it is an outlet outside of Timbers-world; beginning to think that is a good in itself.
              Generally, it's not the Timbers folks who are complaining--quite a few TA clubs send teams to NWCL.

Comment

HSC earned a spot via OR State Cup champion. Not sure about the others.
                That wasn't how they got in. HSC is a member of the NWCL. Only members get their teams in. Winning OYSA or State Cup has no bearing.

Comment

NWCL is a tournament. They can call it a league. They can name the thing a league. But it is a tournament. I can name my Goldfish Jaws but that doesn't make him a shark.

Comment

Not all Oregon teams complain. It's the Seattle teams that are dropping like flies

Comment

NWCL is a tournament. They can call it a league. They can name the thing a league. But it is a tournament. I can name my Goldfish Jaws but that doesn't make him a shark.
                      What is the difference? Generally, a league a) consists of a stable cast of teams; and b) lasts over a long time. A tournament is a discrete event (which might periodically repeat), and often has different teams for each instance.

Comment

Not all Oregon teams complain. It's the Seattle teams that are dropping like flies
                        Because they realized what a joke it was. Their only competition was Seattle teams.

Comment

Costs less than OYSA - and OYSA is really really really low quality.
                          Which means your daughters team get an occasional win.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                          Auto-Saved
                          x
                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                          x
                          Working...
                          X