Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What a waste of time ! the state of Soccer in this Region is in BIG trouble .
    True. Adding the Oregon teams brought the level of the tourney down a notch or two.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1884545]

http://socceranywhere.com/raymond-ve...occer-fitness/

If your coach is taking the team from tournament to tournament then time to find a new coach. The old way doesn't work.
      Great article. These f@&king whack job parents that are pushing should read this article.

Just like the dude that said earlier, "practice is for developing".

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1884590]

Great article. These f@&king whack job parents that are pushing should read this article.

Just like the dude that said earlier, "practice is for developing".
        NEU has knocked around a 1x per week summer league, to lesson dependency on summer tournament. However, really hard to do solo and with summer vacations the thinking it is easier to plan for a couple of summer tournaments than a summer season.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1884612]

NEU has knocked around a 1x per week summer league, to lesson dependency on summer tournament. However, really hard to do solo and with summer vacations the thinking it is easier to plan for a couple of summer tournaments than a summer season.
          how about this. Train 4 days a week and play teams within your club. Trust me when I say that the kids will love it. And they will grow tenfold.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1884614]

how about this. Train 4 days a week and play teams within your club. Trust me when I say that the kids will love it. And they will grow tenfold.
            Hard to do if you're a 1 team club like Hillsboro Select, etc.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1884664]

Hard to do if you're a 1 team club like Hillsboro Select, etc.
              Ha Ha, I get it. Yes, they are definitely going downhill.

Comment

http://events.gotsport.com/events/re...er=Boys&Age=11

How did Salmon Creek get two teams into this? I thought you had to qualify and actually win something before teams were allowed in?
                There has to be 10 better teams that could have gone before these local teams.

Comment

How did Salmon Creek get two teams into this? I thought you had to qualify and actually win something before teams were allowed in?
                  The format has changed a bit - clubs can enter a slate of teams, rather than each winning something.

Comment

It's a league, just like any other league. Only differences are that it's regionally based instead of state based, and the winners move on to the NPL Championships. Being a league, it has member clubs who compete. Clearly your club isn't good enough to be a member so you have to satisfy yourself with OYSA division 3.

Comment

It's a league, just like any other league. Only differences are that it's regionally based instead of state based, and the winners move on to the NPL Championships. Being a league, it has member clubs who compete. Clearly your club isn't good enough to be a member so you have to satisfy yourself with OYSA division 3.
                      Giving up 31 goals in 4 games, pretty sure which league these guys should be playing. Not sure what you are bragging about.

Comment

NWCL takes anyone now. It does not have the top teams. This league is unorganized. Can't get scores in putted correctly or schedules to come out in a timely manner and now this year both weekends are in Seattle...and that's because the Seattle teams don't want to come down and play us

Comment

The format has changed a bit - clubs can enter a slate of teams, rather than each winning something.
                          This league is dead. It was a great concept for the first 3-4 years but Seattle doesn't get anything out of it so most have dropped out. Full clubs like Seattle United, Eastside and Vantucky Timbers have dropped out. I bet they were looking at four games in 30 hours like a huge waste of time.

Comment

NWCL takes anyone now. It does not have the top teams. This league is unorganized. Can't get scores in putted correctly or schedules to come out in a timely manner and now this year both weekends are in Seattle...and that's because the Seattle teams don't want to come down and play us
                            They don't take just anyone. They take only teams from league member clubs. Too bad for you that your club wasn't accepted as a member. There's always Founders Cup playing rec teams for your kid.

Comment

They don't take just anyone. They take only teams from league member clubs. Too bad for you that your club wasn't accepted as a member. There's always Founders Cup playing rec teams for your kid.
                              I just looked at the teams in NWCL and the quality is shockingly low. I have no idea what criteria they used to select the teams but it appears there was not much criteria. Some of these teams would be lucky to make OYSA div 2 or RCL div 4. Honestly, this just looks like a summer tournament on par with summer slam or nike cup... which is fine... but to call it NW Champions League?

Comment

we know this. Our third and/or fourth team will be playing a few of the NW Champions League teams in Founders Cup in the spring.
                                I see at least three teams in Champions League that couldn't even win Founders Cup.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X