ECNL is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vague comment about only national league in which they will compete, but I will believe they don't participate in the GDA when teams are announced. They had to apply for the GDA. Why apply if you don't intend on accepting? Its a pretty extensive application. Time will tell if they really refused the GDA. If they did then why not just say it?

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

Also, another ECNL club had a great write up of why they weren't even applying for ECNL

http://www.ohioelite.com/home/919845.html
      "We have been fortunate to compete in the league since its inception."

Now if this came from CU, they would say "We were lucky, really lucky, I mean REALLY REALLY lucky to be accepted into ECNL. Never mind that it was six years after the league started, nor the fact that we had to merge with a competitor to do it, nor that we had to have FCP join with us at the same time. We finally, finally got in. Now ignore the results to date."

Comment

Did I miss where the ECNL article says they will not participate in both ECNL and GDA like many of the better clubs in the USA are choosing to do?
        The article stated the ECNL is the only national league in which they will compete in

Comment

The article stated the ECNL is the only national league in which they will compete in
          Suppose GDA could be considered a regional rec league.

Comment

Davis must be run by a bunch of idiots becaus the got accepted to DA, but they are choosing ECN instead. Didn't anyone tell them ECNL is dead?
            Sounds to me like they care about the kids well being and making sure the kids have good choices while they are growing into adults. Not every girl wants to be an Abby Waumbach.

Comment

Sounds to me like they care about the kids well being and making sure the kids have good choices while they are growing into adults. Not every girl wants to be an Abby Waumbach.
              Exactly. I am sure a lot of girls prefer to be straight.

Comment

They probably feel the same way the Ohio club did -

OESA Position Statement

US Girls Development Academy - July 1, 2016

Ohio Elite Soccer Academy Members,

Since 2002 Ohio Elite Soccer Academy has strived to put players in the most competitive training and competition environment possible. We have done so more aggressively and on the leading edge than any club in our community. We have also been the risk takers while others sat idle. This effort has resulted in hundreds of players moving on to the college ranks. This philosophy has also resulted in 25 players being called into US National Teams from U14 to the Full Women’s National Team. Additionally, multiple players are currently or have played in the professional ranks.

We have been aware of the launching of the US Soccer Girls Development Academy for some time. After careful consideration, Ohio Elite Soccer Academy made the decision not to seek entrance into this new platform. In short we did not apply. There are many reasons for this decision but the driving force behind it was that we do not feel this is the best for our players or female players in the current landscape of soccer in this country.

1) Professional Soccer
                There is no avenue to make a living in women’s soccer in the United States unless you are a star on the full women’s national team. Unlike the men’s game, there is very rarely a financial gain or a career that women can pursue. It is our view that the greater majority of girl’s players want to go to college and play college soccer. While we do feel the Girl’s DA will provide these opportunities, we also feel that this can and has been achieved without requiring players to give up ALL outside activities and train four days per week for 10 months per year.

2) High School Soccer/Sports Prohibition
                Asking players that will likely never play professionally or make the US National Team to give up not only high school soccer but all other sports does not line up with our philosophy as it relates to soccer and personal development. It is our view that players should have a choice. Each path of development is complex and different. We have always given players who want it the option to train year round or to seek their own path.

3) Elite Clubs National League
                The Elite Clubs National League (ECNL) has changed the face of youth soccer. We have been fortunate to compete in the league since its inception. It has meant everything to our players. The experience they have been provided can’t be quantified. In this platform, there is always something to play for and every game matters. The tiered competition structure keeps all players and all teams motivated throughout the year. In addition, teams are formed in every age group meaning players are not cycled out of the platform during the odd years. It is our belief that the ECNL will continue to provide a tremendous environment while also giving them a choice on their development path. This platform has not only placed players that make up 90% of the current US Youth National Teams, but it has also supplied the top college players currently playing in this country. It is our view that the ECNL will continue to provide this to players. College coaches from around the country have continued to express their support and intention to heavily recruit the ECNL events.

4) Restrictive Rules
                The Girls DA will feature rules that restrict player choices. Those rules include prohibiting the participation in all outside activities including high school soccer or other high school sports, required 4 days per week of training in a 10-month schedule, and a no re-entry substitution rule. In addition, we do not believe that mandated playing styles, player development models, or other mandates and prohibitions of any kind should be the driving force behind development. Rather a freedom to see the game in different ways and encourage players and teams to express themselves we feel creates better players.

5) End Game
                With the vast experience our staff has coaching youth soccer at the highest level we were forced to ask ourselves; what are we doing this for? It is important to us that our players have a strong desire to be the very best they can be. It is also important to us that our players are without mandate and free to make choices. Soccer and sports are a very important part of all of our lives. They require great commitment and sacrifice. It is also a tremendous teacher. Whatever the end game is for a player, history shows we can help you get there.

Ohio Elite Soccer Academy has and will continue to support US Soccer Federation. We will never hold a player back from chasing their dreams. We will support them in every way possible. We will continue to give every player that chooses Ohio Elite Soccer Academy the best opportunities. In the end, players should have a choice.

In soccer,

Tim Lesiak
                Executive Director of Coaching

Doug Bracken
                Director of Coaching - Girls

Comment

Exactly. I am sure a lot of girls prefer to be straight.
                  Nearly ruined my laptop when I spit my beer out laughing....

Comment

Hmmm. Seems like ECNL is more alive than some thought. Club Davis Legacy was accepted into the GDA but are now leaving the GDA to join the ECNL.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/?p=3639

"RICHMOND, VA (August 3, 2016) – The Elite Clubs National League is excited to announce that Northern California powerhouse Davis Legacy will be joining the ECNL beginning in the 2017-2018 ECNL Season as a new member club. The ECNL will be the only national league in which the club will compete, and the focal point of its competitive efforts."

GDA is now down to 52 clubs, losing 1 top club even before the ink is dry on their latest announcement...

Comment

Hmmm. Seems like ECNL is more alive than some thought. Club Davis Legacy was accepted into the GDA but are now leaving the GDA to join the ECNL.

http://www.eliteclubsnationalleague.com/?p=3639

"RICHMOND, VA (August 3, 2016) – The Elite Clubs National League is excited to announce that Northern California powerhouse Davis Legacy will be joining the ECNL beginning in the 2017-2018 ECNL Season as a new member club. The ECNL will be the only national league in which the club will compete, and the focal point of its competitive efforts."

GDA is now down to 52 clubs, losing 1 top club even before the ink is dry on their latest announcement...
                      I think that's why there wasn't an announcement this week as originally rumored. Doesn't look good that an accepted club has already pulled out and gone to the enemy. Maybe they want to make sure everyone on the list is in to stay.

Comment

I think that's why there wasn't an announcement this week as originally rumored. Doesn't look good that an accepted club has already pulled out and gone to the enemy. Maybe they want to make sure everyone on the list is in to stay.
                        The DA is for that 1/10th of 1% of girls that want to play on the national team. ECNL is tried and trued that it can do both without all of the DA restrictions.

Comment

The DA is for that 1/10th of 1% of girls that want to play on the national team. ECNL is tried and trued that it can do both without all of the DA restrictions.
                          Saying ecnl in oregon is tried and true is right there with saying donald trump will make america great again.

You are being scammed.

DA restrictions and regulations are garbage. But with idiots like you out there i can see why they want to filter people out.

Comment

Saying ecnl in oregon is tried and true is right there with saying donald trump will make america great again.

You are being scammed.

DA restrictions and regulations are garbage. But with idiots like you out there i can see why they want to filter people out.
                            Reading comprehension is a skill. I never said anything about the Clubs from Oregon that play in the ECNL, but I did say the ECNL is tried and true

Comment

Reading comprehension is a skill. I never said anything about the Clubs from Oregon that play in the ECNL, but I did say the ECNL is tried and true
                              You are posting on the Oregon board dumbass. Lol. Some people truly make me laugh.

Comment

You are posting on the Oregon board dumbass. Lol. Some people truly make me laugh.
                                It was easy to understand the poster's message was more general than Oregon. Each state does fit into a larger framework. Are you in favor of building a wall around the state?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X