Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Didn't draw the monarchy or democracy analogies, just responded to it.

Someone described the Timbers as their king; we don't wear the patch in our household.
    You didn't even realize we all are wearing the brand as every club in the State is a member of the OYSA. Ignorance is truly bliss, in your case.

Comment

You didn't even realize we all are wearing the brand as every club in the State is a member of the OYSA. Ignorance is truly bliss, in your case.
      OYSA puts the patch on their website and banners; I don't put it on my kids.

Understand now?

Comment

OYSA puts the patch on their website and banners; I don't put it on my kids.

Understand now?
        You are willing to pay for the patch, but just don't wear it.

How is that any different from anybody wearing the patch?

Oh you're such a rebel

Comment

Oh you're such a rebel
          General Lee

Comment

?????

Trump's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers.

He's got us talking about him on a soccer site. Most who like what Cruz said weren't voting for Trump anyway. But there will be some who realize that at least Trump was fair enough to let Cruz speak, even after having seen the speech, and may open their minds to vote for him. And listening to Trump's very intelligent, loving children won't hurt his cause either. Certainly my post will receive knee jerk, hostile replies. But no parent could listen to Trump's kids and not realize that he has had a profound, positive impact on his kid's. You won't hear nearly the depth and passion about Hillary (and Bill) from Chelsea and there's a reason.
            The reason is that Chelsea isn't going to lie. Positive impact? tRump's on his third Eastern European mail bride, nice role model. All his wives have Communist parents.

Comment

Oh you're such a rebel
              Wear the patch if you want to; I don't want to and don't want my children to, and fortunately live in Portland where there are alternatives.

The OYSA thing is a tax - We have to pay the Timbers' tax to play in competitive soccer in OYSA; we didn't in OPL (at least the last year or so); and don't have to pay in PYSA, ECNL, or in the boys DA (at u12 level) if at a non-alliance club.

I choose to pay the tax because kid is at an age/gender where there is no alternative if they want to play competitive soccer; plenty of taxes I don't like and the Timbers tax is one of them (but sometimes it is smarter to pay than not to pay).

If you are in Eugene, Medford, or Bend, kind of the same thing except it requires you to have to wear the patch too - to play competitive soccer you have to play Alliance. Wish for those people they had alternatives. Maybe in the future they will.

Comment

Wear the patch if you want to; I don't want to and don't want my children to, and fortunately live in Portland where there are alternatives.

The OYSA thing is a tax - We have to pay the Timbers' tax to play in competitive soccer in OYSA; we didn't in OPL (at least the last year or so); and don't have to pay in PYSA, ECNL, or in the boys DA (at u12 level) if at a non-alliance club.

I choose to pay the tax because kid is at an age/gender where there is no alternative if they want to play competitive soccer; plenty of taxes I don't like and the Timbers tax is one of them (but sometimes it is smarter to pay than not to pay).

If you are in Eugene, Medford, or Bend, kind of the same thing except it requires you to have to wear the patch too - to play competitive soccer you have to play Alliance. Wish for those people they had alternatives. Maybe in the future they will.

Actually getting a league schedule, State Cup, President's Cup, Founder's Cup, liability & medical insurance, coaching education, TopSoccer & ODP from the OYSA/Timbers is called a service to the membership as mandated by US Soccer and their non-profitmission statement.

Curious if you actually know what a 'Tax' is: The United States of America is a federal republic with separate state and local governments. Taxes are imposed in the United States at each of these levels. These include taxes on income, payroll, property, sales, capital gains, dividends, imports, estates and gifts, as well as various fees.

Sorry for your confusion, the IRS might be looking for you soon as you've been mistakenly not paying your actual taxes.

Comment

Mark Cuban speculated that the Don doesn't really want to be president just wants the free publicity.

However, this campaign cycle has not been good for Trump's businesses:

http://a.msn.com/r/2/BBvfHHx?m=en-us&ocid=News

Guess reminding folks everyday what an entitled/bully looks like isn't great for business.

Comment

"Supporting Trump is indefensible and it makes you as much of a pariah as he is."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/op...=msft_msn&_r=0

Comment

http://observer.com/2016/08/clintons...-funding-isis/

The sleeze continues to ooze.

Comment

"Supporting Trump is indefensible and it makes you as much of a pariah as he is."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/04/op...=msft_msn&_r=0
                        http://www.albertpeia.com/oxfordassault.htm

Comment

I get the Trump=Paulson comparison, but who is Hillary in this parody?

Comment

I get the Trump=Paulson comparison, but who is Hillary in this parody?
                            Perhaps she just played herself? You know, the Whicked Witch of the West.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                            Auto-Saved
                            x
                            Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                            x
                            Working...
                            X