Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Wow, I'd hate to have you as my investment guru. What are the sources of return from the $300k per team per year?
    too funny. you're right. most millionaires usually get there because they're smart with their money and how they invest it. spending 300k on youth soccer "just because"?

Comment

If you are right and it's $15k per player per year that's only $300,000 per team approx per year. That's not bad.
      So $1 million with ZERO return. He's a sucker, but he's not that big of a sucker.

Comment

So $1 million with ZERO return. He's a sucker, but he's not that big of a sucker.
        Can't they use the money that they are collecting for the leagues that they run? I imagine there is a decent amount left over after paying for referees and a scheduler.

Comment

Can't they use the money that they are collecting for the leagues that they run? I imagine there is a decent amount left over after paying for referees and a scheduler.
          There's a huge profit from the leagues - It's nearly $1000 just to enter premier division now.

Comment

There's a huge profit from the leagues - It's nearly $1000 just to enter premier division now.
            Why do they need to make a huge profit running the league? There are talented kids out there that cannot afford to play soccer because the cost is so high. League fees and player cards are way too high.

Comment

Why do they need to make a huge profit running the league? There are talented kids out there that cannot afford to play soccer because the cost is so high. League fees and player cards are way too high.
              Timbers are trying to maximize the profit they make from youth soccer to help fund their boys DA program. That includes league profits, a cut from player cards, ODP/RTC profits, fees the Alliance clubs pay to wear the TA patch, etc. It's quite a racket they've got set up.

Comment

Totally unfair that the pay for boys but force parents to pay for girls.

What about title 9?
                I wondered about this too.

Comment

I wondered about this too.
                  Maybe you should quit wondering and Google title IX. It doesn't say equal costs and equal pay for pros. It says equal opportunities at publicly funded institutions like high schools and colleges. The GDA has absolutely nothing to do with title IX and this tired argument makes you all look stupid. You would be better off spending your time working at a second job. You will need it to pay for GDA.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                  Auto-Saved
                  x
                  Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                  x
                  Working...
                  X