X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Sorry about that outburst.

I have moved back in with mother now. I have meds that keeps me level but she brings home Frazia that she wins at poker games and we sip while watching The Price is Right reruns in silence. I lose it a bit with the cheap wine. Mother was on quite the bender last night and was really getting on my case about getting a job, she's not made of money you know.

I'm better now.
    Lenny, you will be ok. At least you have a place to stay even it is your mothers and she's mean. Hang I there. In the meantime it doesn't seem like it helps to bash soccer moms but whatever.

Comment

Soccer mommies win cuz losing don't get you no participation trophy. JUICEBOX.MOMMY HERO.

Comment

How does allowing a team to use a couple fast forwards to always play boot ball (which is direct play) helpful to developing the rest of team players? This kind of moronic idea stems from short-sighted, spoiled, parents who are focused on wins, wins only to sooth their twisted egos so they might strut proudly on the way back to to their car post-game. This is exactly why the US is so very far behind in many things, especially soccer. Immediate gratification (wins) traded for long-term success (learning the game) drives these choices in club and rec soccer. One style of play (possession) takes patience and strategic thinking the other caters to emotionally immature children pretending to be sports educated soccer moms. You see mommy wants a win, so Coach better deliver.

These parents really just want to post / share a pic of their DD, sporting a medal from their latest boot ball win onto Facebook, and are more interested in filling out their latest scrapbook, than actually dreaming of their kids learning the beautiful game. The "Soccer Mom", ignorant of the game, drivin by boredom and ego, more intertested in bragging to the neighbor about their young kids meaningless weekend success, are the single worst thing to occur in US soccer. Tell Mom to shut up, stay home, away from the pitch, find a new hobby (kids sports are not an adult hobby) and stop ruining this game with your cursory knowledge of Soccer. Go back to school, volunteer at a homeless shelter, or just take up drinking during the day, but stay out of this game please.
        Excellent point JUICEBOX,!!

Comment

Hey Juicebox parent, yeah you, stay out of sports.

Just kidding, but seriously, maybe you could just become a healthy spectator, a cheerful fan, and a loyal supporter? What do you say? Why, do you ask?

Stop, already, with the; juicebox rewards at every half time, the insane year end awards for All, and the showering of praise on kids who perform poorly or not at all. Awards and praise are for jobs well done. You can always tell them you love them, that should never be contingent, but to devalue and undermine success with an award for EVERYTHING is deleterious to our children.

One more thing: Just showing up is not noteworthy, it's not winning to simply attend. Attendance is the lowest common denominator for entry. Instead, teach that promotion and success takes hard work. And this hard work does not always ENTITLE you to the spoils of competition, it does not ensure success. But rather, hard work is simply the cover charge to the party. Without it, you don't even get past the door. Check out the article below from the NY Times and consider what you are teaching when you reward EVERYTHING. When you make everyone and every action SPECIAL, in truth, no one is.

Comment

Just kidding, but seriously, maybe you could just become a healthy spectator, a cheerful fan, and a loyal supporter? What do you say? Why, do you ask?

Stop, already, with the; juicebox rewards at every half time, the insane year end awards for All, and the showering of praise on kids who perform poorly or not at all. Awards and praise are for jobs well done. You can always tell them you love them, that should never be contingent, but to devalue and undermine success with an award for EVERYTHING is deleterious to our children.

One more thing: Just showing up is not noteworthy, it's not winning to simply attend. Attendance is the lowest common denominator for entry. Instead, teach that promotion and success takes hard work. And this hard work does not always ENTITLE you to the spoils of competition, it does not ensure success. But rather, hard work is simply the cover charge to the party. Without it, you don't even get past the door. Check out the article below from the NY Times and consider what you are teaching when you reward EVERYTHING. When you make everyone and every action SPECIAL, in truth, no one is.
            yes sir.yeeeees sir.

Comment

That's the truth... Ruth!

Comment

That's the truth... Ruth!
                It sho.is yo

Comment

Weeeeeee oooooooooo my soccer mummy is sooooooo involved.....thank the gods above. JUICEBOX!!!!!

Comment

Comment

Bahahahahaha!!!

Comment

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...pg?format=500w

Hi, I'm Lenny the troll. Soccer moms make me angry. My wife left me and took my house and half my retirement. I eventually lost my job because I followed my wife around to get photos of her living with her boss! Even when the judge won't listen and forced me to pay support. Total BS. So now I live with mother and take my anger out on soccer moms here. I will never forgive them. Living with mom is hard. Her house, her rules.
                        Sorry to hear that Lenny. It will get better.

Comment

Soccer mommy. Good bye forever! May you find happiness, safety and success in all your endeavors. It was fun. Peace to you and yours....... JUICEBOX!!!

Comment

Say it ain't so Joe!

Comment

Football Rules!!!!! Yeeeeah! Soccer is a pansy sport.

Comment

http://static1.squarespace.com/stati...pg?format=500w

Hi, I'm Lenny the troll. Soccer moms make me angry. My wife left me and took my house and half my retirement. I eventually lost my job because I followed my wife around to get photos of her living with her boss! Even when the judge won't listen and forced me to pay support. Total BS. So now I live with mother and take my anger out on soccer moms here. I will never forgive them. Living with mom is hard. Her house, her rules.
                                Hi Lenny, sorry things have went so poorly for you. Keep your head up and eventually things will get better. I know living with your mom is hard, but just leave when she starts drinking. You can sleep at the park. You wife is never coming back. No reason to lash out at soccer moms. Good luck Lenny. Hopefully you can channel some of your sour attitude.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X