Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And remember, it's a fall league that counts for nothing. Doesn't qualify a team for state cup, doesn't get a team in FWRL, nothing. It's just for fun.
    Isn't Fall league a qualifier for FWRL?
    Also, aren't Fall league standings used to determine State Cup seeding brackets?
    I thought it was Spring League that didn't count for anything?

Comment

Also, aren't Fall league standings used to determine State Cup seeding brackets?
      This year's 02's are an exception due to half the pool playing high school (thank you US soccer for fixing something that wasn't broke). You would know this if you read the OYSA website.

Comment

Not for the 2002 fall league. It's just for fun. See

http://www.oregonyouthsoccer.org/home.php?layout=817303

where it says "State Cup qualifying league for U13-U14 only (U15 will use Winter League)"

Comment

What happened to this thread?

Comment

What happened to this thread?
            Nobody cares about "half teams" playing meaningless games in the mud.

Comment

The crazies moved to the HS soccer. The current 02 season doesn't matter. The Fall teams were a mess of revolving guest players. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do.

Comment

The crazies moved to the HS soccer. The current 02 season doesn't matter. The Fall teams were a mess of revolving guest players. Don't worry, they'll come back. They always do.
                What? You mean there's no crazy parents of 8th grade girls? There seem to be plenty on the '03 thread...

And I've seen parents in this forum go nuts over friendlies and scrimmages.

Comment

West side copa Ts seems to be doing well. Is it because most of their team is play ups?

Are they worried they can't hang in 03 age group?

Comment

West side copa Ts seems to be doing well. Is it because most of their team is play ups?

Nobody really cares about Fall results, so sit down and put you button-making machine away, TS parents. You can't celebrate until you get some wins against REAL 2002 teams.

As we have already said, Fall 2002 doesn't matter. Teams aren't playing with a full deck. And rosters change day by day - depending upon how many high school girls are available to play, and how many playups are available.

Comment

Huh? Worries that a team dominating an older age group, would fare poorly in a younger one? That has to be one of the dumbest things I've heard.

Comment

Nobody really cares about Fall results, so sit down and put you button-making machine away, TS parents. You can't celebrate until you get some wins against REAL 2002 teams.

As we have already said, Fall 2002 doesn't matter. Teams aren't playing with a full deck. And rosters change day by day - depending upon how many high school girls are available to play, and how many playups are available.
                        I think we have an answer here. The reserve teams at FP and THUSC couldn't even get seeded into premier (possibly because most of 'em are freshmen playing for the JV team), so they have collectively decided that the party is boring.

Comment

I think we have an answer here. The reserve teams at FP and THUSC couldn't even get seeded into premier (possibly because most of 'em are freshmen playing for the JV team), so they have collectively decided that the party is boring.
                          How many Timbers Alliance "B" teams get seeded into OYSA Premier? Bet CU and FCP have had way more "B" teams in Premier the last 3 years than all Timbers clubs combined.

Comment

The question is why don't the play up 2003s come down often & help their own age when the 2003 team could really use them? Our club does this. Wonder why TS doesn't care about the 2003 team.

Comment

The question is why don't the play up 2003s come down often & help their own age when the 2003 team could really use them? Our club does this. Wonder why TS doesn't care about the 2003 team.
                              I know little about the makeup of 02 Copa TS, but Westside has ALWAYS been aggressive about playing kids up, especially if a kid is more physically advanced than his/her peers. (It's also likely that many 02 teams playing in fall need 03 players to fill out a roster if the freshmen aren't available due to HS soccer).

Comment

I know little about the makeup of 02 Copa TS, but Westside has ALWAYS been aggressive about playing kids up, especially if a kid is more physically advanced than his/her peers. (It's also likely that many 02 teams playing in fall need 03 players to fill out a roster if the freshmen aren't available due to HS soccer).
                                Agree & understand. My question is why don't those play ups also play back on age with the 2003s in the games that don't overlap? That's what our club does. Helps the players and both sister teams.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X