Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USMNT still suck

This game shows how poor US Soccer really is.... all you DA loving parents enjoy. Even the great white hope AKA captain American sucked

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    This game shows how poor US Soccer really is.... all you DA loving parents enjoy. Even the great white hope AKA captain American sucked
    Sargent sucks not sure why he got the start
    Yedlin still has no soccer IQ
    Morris is fat and slow and I’d just ask why
    Bradley .... why
    Zardes coaches kid
    Lima is a good player

Comment

Of the Eff in Canada

2-0 loss to Canada! They aren't going to make the next world cup.

Comment

2-0 loss to Canada! They aren't going to make the next world cup.
        At least we’ll get in in ‘26

Comment

Sorry your kid didn’t make the DA team.

Comment

Bradley .... why
            Zardes coaches kid
            Lima is a good player
            Sargent has a lot of talent but is very inexperienced and need minutes to get better
            Morris and yedlin didn’t have great games but are decent
            Lima is good
            Bradley has to go -he’s the one who’s too slow
            Zardes has not delivered in a long time - he’s been given enough chances , let’s try someone else.

Comment

The total lack of soccer IQ by the US was really disheartening. By the end, it looked like a beer league team just passing the ball around the field.

Comment

The total lack of soccer IQ by the US was really disheartening. By the end, it looked like a beer league team just passing the ball around the field.
                It is horrifying.
                My beer league squad plays with more heart and intelligence.
                Time to recognize that US players cannot compete...period.
                And I don’t care what you want to blame it on.
                We are rapidly becoming mediocre in all phases of life in this country...

Comment

Bradley .... why
                  Zardes coaches kid
                  Lima is a good player
                  Why do they continue to give Bradley any minutes. He will be 35 for the next World Cup!

Comment

Why do they continue to give Bradley any minutes. He will be 35 for the next World Cup!
                    Because as bad as he is, he’s the only central type mid we have.
                    US exports very few midfield players-complete lack of understanding the game

Comment

It is horrifying.
                      My beer league squad plays with more heart and intelligence.
                      Time to recognize that US players cannot compete...period.
                      And I don’t care what you want to blame it on.
                      We are rapidly becoming mediocre in all phases of life in this country...
                      Folks, we are 15-20+ years into the club soccer phenomena and we are going backward.
                      Players are less intelligent than ever.
                      I firmly believe that we have coached all creativity out of our players.
                      And the utter lack of actually watching the game is killing us-I don’t care how much you play, you must watch. It is the best tool we have. Period.
                      Get rid of all our natl coaches and just have the players watch the best.
                      They’ll figure it out

No more organized ball-just get them together and let them play. And I am not advocating a return to nostalgic pick up in the park.
                      Definitive time for free play after some technical training only.
                      The cream will rise to the top and we can begin to train them as they age.
                      The game is not complicated

Comment

And the utter lack of actually watching the game is killing us-I don’t care how much you play, you must watch. It is the best tool we have. Period.
                        I agree with you here 100%. It's honestly shocking how few of the players on my kid's high level team watch soccer regularly, even though it's their main sport, and it shows in their lack of understanding of the game. It really wouldn't take that much watching to get understanding up, but most kids aren't going to do it on their own, especially if their parents are completely disinterested and can't sit through a game (which is most definitely the case with most parents on my kid's team).

Sad to say, but coaches are going to have to start assigning game watching and analysis for homework if we want to get anywhere. Kids that don't come to practice with a write up don't play on the weekend. Coaches should be doing video analysis with high level players at least a half practice a week, looking at both pro games and their own games.

An extra day of pick-up soccer would also be great. Mixed ages, whoever can make it. One coach on a rotating schedule just to bring a ball and pinnies and to help in the case of injuries. Can't be that hard.

Comment

I was encouraged for the future of the USMNT with the play of the U-20 team this past summer at the U-20 WC. They advanced out of group play and then got a marquee win against France. It was a gutsy effort after falling behind 2-1 in that match. I don't follow the French team so I don't know if they were lacking any star players but they still seemed like a quality side. The US team had a nice mix of guys with pace, touch and soccer IQ. They'll only be in their early 20's when the 2022 WC rolls around. Maybe Berhalter won't have enough confidence to go with many of them, we'll see. Certainly by 2026 the best players from that squad should be primed and ready to go.

Comment

I agree with you here 100%. It's honestly shocking how few of the players on my kid's high level team watch soccer regularly, even though it's their main sport, and it shows in their lack of understanding of the game. It really wouldn't take that much watching to get understanding up, but most kids aren't going to do it on their own, especially if their parents are completely disinterested and can't sit through a game (which is most definitely the case with most parents on my kid's team).

Sad to say, but coaches are going to have to start assigning game watching and analysis for homework if we want to get anywhere. Kids that don't come to practice with a write up don't play on the weekend. Coaches should be doing video analysis with high level players at least a half practice a week, looking at both pro games and their own games.

An extra day of pick-up soccer would also be great. Mixed ages, whoever can make it. One coach on a rotating schedule just to bring a ball and pinnies and to help in the case of injuries. Can't be that hard.
                            Couldn't agree with this post more. Been around the game from grassroots to college for 20+ years and what is highlighted here about the lack of interest and learning among parents and players from watching the game is so spot on. Whatever soccer culture we have in this country is driven by the business of soccer and it has delivered a poor development return on dollar investment.

Comment

Assigning homework? good luck with that. Players have enough to do with their schoolwork, other ECs and all the volunteer work they're supposed to be doing.

Watching games is only a small piece. of player development and soccer IQ. Players have to want to watch and learn, just like tey have to want to work on their own to improve. You can't force that on someone. For many youth players soccer is simply an activity.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X