Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I hear they're looking for a buyer for the rolls of turf so they can afford to rent turf time at Delta from PCU...
    The WT FC does not rent any turf time for any of their teams; each team has to go out and pay for their own turf. Makes you wonder where all the Timbers annual fees go.

Just kidding, everyone knows the answer.

Comment

The WT FC does not rent any turf time for any of their teams; each team has to go out and pay for their own turf. Makes you wonder where all the Timbers annual fees go.

Like over $350,000 for the Fab 5 of Eli, Sunny, Gary, Eihab and the other feller?

Comment

you nailed it, what has the Portland Timbers done to help out their youth clubs...

average time frame for raising money for turf fields is 8 years...I know this because I have gone through the process. It's not unusual for something like this to take 10-12 years when it is a non-profit organization...especially one that has tried to raise money during a time when the economy has been at it's worst since the Great Depression.

I personally hope they get it done.
        Hold on big fella. You think it's because of the non-profit status and the recession? I agree that both are/were obstacles but this project has been poorly managed since it's inception. Look at the brick campaign from this last spring (yes, there was a brick campaign) - poor timing, poor execution and poor communication. Need I mention the annual auction?

Comment

We don't pay for turf, the club does

Comment

Hold on big fella. You think it's because of the non-profit status and the recession? I agree that both are/were obstacles but this project has been poorly managed since it's inception. Look at the brick campaign from this last spring (yes, there was a brick campaign) - poor timing, poor execution and poor communication. Need I mention the annual auction?
            Annual auction is for scholarships...they raise $30k each year for scholarships...the most of any club

Comment

We don't pay for turf, the club does
              The club fees cover a small amount of turf time in the winter. Anything more than that, including games on turf, are paid for by each team.

Comment

The club fees cover a small amount of turf time in the winter. Anything more than that, including games on turf, are paid for by each team.
                Nope, I'm on my third dd in the club
                We get two nights each week of turf time...always have

Comment

Then your special. Probably related to board member... Either way, you're paying way to much for what you get at WT_FC.

Comment

Not my dd's team.

Comment

Wasn't it:

Orchards + Columbia Premier Timbers = VUSA
                      FC Vancouver renamed Washington Soccer Academy
                      VUSA + WSA = Vancouver Timbers
                      Vancouver Timbers renamed Washington Timbers

Were there others in there? Where did Evergreen SC fit in?
                      It makes you wonder how much money was raised under these other names for turf .

Comment

It makes you wonder how much money was raised under these other names for turf .
                        $270k was raised over 10 years, that money was spent to purchase the turf at $.50 on the dollar. With what is in the bank and what they have locked in as far as funding is $1.6 million with $400k to go.

Comment

$270k was raised over 10 years, that money was spent to purchase the turf at $.50 on the dollar. With what is in the bank and what they have locked in as far as funding is $1.6 million with $400k to go.
                          Wait, you mean it's not in yet? All the promises and projections and its still not in?

Comment

There's a reason why that turf was available at a discount. You'll figure it out eventually.

And none of that money is "locked in". Not one loan has been signed yet.

Comment

At a fundraising rate of $270K in 10 years, only 14.8 years to go to raise the last $400K.

Completion in 2029?

Comment

Wait, you mean it's not in yet? All the promises and projections and its still not in?
                                Lucky for you, you have the option of going back to your own club that already owns their own turf field complex. Oh that's right no other club has even tried.

People love to poke holes in anything and everyone that makes them feel inadequate. It's taught in psychology 101.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X