•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1400985]
    Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

And the whack job parents part
    You are right about this one. There is one set of parents who try to manipulate what happens at all their kids age groups, and each time they do the age group has taken a hit and been hurt every time.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1400941]

Head reds coach that built the age group stepped down. Possibly the best coach in sw Washington. Wasn't anyone even close to take over and one of the coaches took players to salmon creek to play on the third team. I hear they have some whack jobs parents now.

Stop it now Doug, this has to be you cause no one else would ever say that, lol

Comment

Why so shy about his/her name? Who is that?

Doug Wolvert

Incorrect...

Doug was the Reds coach. Bret Olson, one of Vantucky's finest LEO, is actually the one coaching the 3rd team & who the post was directed at.

He developed a reputation (a not so good one). You always hear stuff but we never seen what he was accused of. My DD actually liked playing for him.

Comment

Incorrect...

Doug was the Reds coach. Bret Olson, one of Vantucky's finest LEO, is actually the one coaching the 3rd team & who the post was directed at.

He developed a reputation (a not so good one). You always hear stuff but we never seen what he was accused of. My DD actually liked playing for him.
          Coincidentally, his DD is also on Tina's A team...

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1400946]

You got the "stepped down" part correct but not the rest.
            Good trainer, decent coach but not great. Lost many games and some top talent along the way with bad coaching decisions. Unable to recruit top talent after U-10. Failure to recognize parents aren't stupid...tries to say he's "developing" but never saw him pull a move that won a game and we could talk thru the night on the ones he lost. Since DW will reply, I will proceed to his next favorite excuse;

To address the U14's that have gone to other top clubs, I would like to add that those same kids would have walked on to any top club at U9, U10, U11, U12...etc. These are talented kids but they've always been that way. They are top performers in other sports too...even with limited attention.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1402632]

Good trainer, decent coach but not great. Lost many games and some top talent along the way with bad coaching decisions. Unable to recruit top talent after U-10. Failure to recognize parents aren't stupid...tries to say he's "developing" but never saw him pull a move that won a game and we could talk thru the night on the ones he lost. Since DW will reply, I will proceed to his next favorite excuse;

To address the U14's that have gone to other top clubs, I would like to add that those same kids would have walked on to any top club at U9, U10, U11, U12...etc. These are talented kids but they've always been that way. They are top performers in other sports too...even with limited attention.
              Recruit top talent for U10??? bwahhhh hahahaha

Comment

Coaches are supposed to "pull a move" to win a U10 game?

Maybe this club isn't as much a problem as the parents, sheeeesh.

Comment

You just pointed out the issue with our youth sports right now. He shouldn't be pulling moves to just win a game unless its state cup or something like that. If you were upset and left because he was willing to lose games at the cost of trying to teach your young child something, then you don't deserve a coach willing to actually develop your child.

Comment

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                    that post made my day, today was a completely boring day until I read this. Thank you!

you are the reason why your club is struggling. The way that you see soccer will always be a failure. Good luck you Vantuckyites at WT_FC, you don't have a chance with members that think like this.

P.S. Please don't bring that attitude across the river, we are already in Portlandia Mode, there is no need for more of your type.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1402655]

You just pointed out the issue with our youth sports right now. He shouldn't be pulling moves to just win a game unless its state cup or something like that. If you were upset and left because he was willing to lose games at the cost of trying to teach your young child something, then you don't deserve a coach willing to actually develop your child.
                      Yes, it was State Cup....and Crossfire Challenge....and Mustang....and...and....and.

Dare I say "it"? Winning is important if you are developing a program. It should not be the #1 objective, but it could be #2 or #3.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1402658]

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
                        that post made my day, today was a completely boring day until I read this. Thank you!

you are the reason why your club is struggling. The way that you see soccer will always be a failure. Good luck you Vantuckyites at WT_FC, you don't have a chance with members that think like this.

P.S. Please don't bring that attitude across the river, we are already in Portlandia Mode, there is no need for more of your type.
                        Nice one Doug!

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1402659]

Yes, it was State Cup....and Crossfire Challenge....and Mustang....and...and....and.

Dare I say "it"? Winning is important if you are developing a program. It should not be the #1 objective, but it could be #2 or #3.
                          Yep, ol' DW never could win the big ones. Could never really manage to win the little ones either. Overall never really did much from U10 to U13 and then walked away.

Comment

I remember when they called my 9 year old up and asked her to play for them. It kept her up for days deciding on the right thing to do. She even wrote a letter to Justin Bieber to ask him what he thought she should do. She never did get a response.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;1402665]

Yep, ol' DW never could win the big ones. Could never really manage to win the little ones either. Overall never really did much from U10 to U13 and then walked away.
                              That's why he brought in BO...but then again, BO's used to playing in the little league (yes, I meant that in every way possible).

Comment

I heard the CEO of Apple is gay.

Do you know if this is going to effect soccer in Oregon?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X