Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    So you agree that for ages up to high school, Pacific is equivalent to WT? I think so. It's really hard to justify why you would go to WT to pay more for the same product.

After high school age, I agree that the "top talent" may move away from Pacific. WT is not the obvious choice. Girls are fairly well represented at FCSC too, at some ages. WT has lost many girls to ECNL, Portland teams, and more.

I don't know of any Pacific team that has left to go to another club, but I have heard of teams leaving other clubs and coming to Pacific. Or Victor's team that went to WSA , from FCSC.
    99 Boys is the only team I'm aware of leaving Pacific for WT_FC. And how's that working out for them with Victor?

Comment

So you agree that for ages up to high school, Pacific is equivalent to WT? I think so. It's really hard to justify why you would go to WT to pay more for the same product.

After high school age, I agree that the "top talent" may move away from Pacific. WT is not the obvious choice. Girls are fairly well represented at FCSC too, at some ages. WT has lost many girls to ECNL, Portland teams, and more.

I don't know of any Pacific team that has left to go to another club, but I have heard of teams leaving other clubs and coming to Pacific. Or Victor's team that went to WSA , from FCSC.
      Didn't the Pacific FC '99 Blue team leave to become the new FCSC Nemesis 99 B team?
      But I think the coach was fired at Pacific and the team followed him to Salmon Creek.

Comment

99 Boys is the only team I'm aware of leaving Pacific for WT_FC. And how's that working out for them with Victor?
        No, 99 Pacific boys stayed, although some were unhappy and went to WT. They are unhappy again.
        99 SC boys took their entire team to Pacific.

And most of 98 WT girls went from WT to FCSC.

A coach was "fired" from Pacific? I thought they were all volunteers.

Comment

Based upon all the previous posts it seem as if their is plenty of player, team and coach movement between all the clubs, WT_FC, FCSC & Pacific. Which leads me to believe that all these clubs have issues of various sorts or only can serve various levels of play.

Put your egos aside gentlemen (club management) and start thinking about what is BEST for the kids.

If you all are really in it for what you should be the "development of our youth" you would all find ways to work together to bring the best coaching, kids, curriculum together for the kids at each level of play: recreational, select and premier. It's that simple.

I am disappointed in all three of these clubs for their inability to work together and collaborate.

Each club lead by people who have their own personal agenda's which sometimes conflict and ultimately hurt the youth that they serve.

Its a sad state of affairs and what it takes is for each club to start working together with the kids best interest at stake.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
          Auto-Saved
          x
          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
          x
          Working...
          X