Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Size isn't everything!!

OK already!! Have any of you guys watched the Little League World Series lately? If you have you probably noticed that the regional winners that are competing are being carried by Giants. Kids that can hit a ball 350 ft and throw a baseball at the equivalent of 100 MPH!! The cream rises to the top! Its life. Hey wait a minute, that boy looks like he is 15 so he should be playing Legion Baseball with High School kids so he is more challenged and so the smaller kids have a chance at winning. Should they be penalized because they are more advanced! Is your son really good at math? Is he in accelerated math with like children? So what do you guys want? Do you want the best players, because that is what these kids are, playing up so you don't face them until your kids bigger and faster so its more fair?? The best teams in all sports at all ages are bigger stronger faster and in most cases smarter and that's why they win.

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;840225]
      Originally posted by Unregistered View Post

I couldn't agree more. Enough Blazers bashing. Anyone who has played them or have watched them play knows they are an exceptionally talented group - clearly a cut above all other teams in Mass. Anyone who says anything to the contrary simply doesn't know what they are looking at. Sure size helps a little, but they all have exceptional technical abilities and they are clearly well coached. And, frankly, despite their success, the parents actually seem like a pretty classy group. Our team loves playing them (and NEFC for that matter) because they are always competitive, well played soccer games. I know our team's parents/players universally respect them - and every time our players play them, they know they can strive to be better from a technical/tactical perspective. We are looking forward to terrific fall.
      My son also plays on a competing team (not Blazers or NEFC) and I'll second this post. The Blazers are really good (in addition to being big). For some reason people like to hate on them for it. Whenever we've played Blazers the parents have been fine and respectful.

Comment

& some over age players too

[QUOTE=Unregistered;840199]

Of course, but so many factors play into it. Kids maturity, skill level, is the kid aggressive, can the kid handle playing up, is the kid 6 inches taller but a toothpick, is competition better at playing up (might not be depending on team), better coach at higher level or lower level, does the kid want to move up.....ext I could go on. Every situation is different so unless it's your kid we're talkiing about.....I know it's hard on this site.... but worry about your kid. Yes the Blazers have some big kids....who cares. All evens out as kids grow.
        OOPS!& some over age players too

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;840296]

OOPS!& some over age players too
          LOL....cough cough cosmos

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;840288]

My son also plays on a competing team (not Blazers or NEFC) and I'll second this post. The Blazers are really good (in addition to being big). For some reason people like to hate on them for it. Whenever we've played Blazers the parents have been fine and respectful.
            I think the complaints about parents behavior at games is overstated. Long days in Lancaster for the Aztecs tourney and I didn't hear or see anything other than respectful observing and encouraging comments. Some may have been more vocal than I choose, but everything was positive. Across a season I may see one situation where someone embarrasses themselves but on the whole it seems better than hockey and basketball crowds I've sat in

Comment

[QUOTE=Unregistered;840811]

I think the complaints about parents behavior at games is overstated. Long days in Lancaster for the Aztecs tourney and I didn't hear or see anything other than respectful observing and encouraging comments. Some may have been more vocal than I choose, but everything was positive. Across a season I may see one situation where someone embarrasses themselves but on the whole it seems better than hockey and basketball crowds I've sat in
              Lancaster was pretty peaceful on the sidelines. It made it very enjoyable.

Comment

jbsa

why did jbsa and galways flip flop spots in maple?

Comment

why did jbsa and galways flip flop spots in maple?
                  looks like JBSA had a better spring goal differential and they also beat galway head to head. based on those facts, jbsa should be ahead of galway. galway had a better irwin cup but only by one game and neither made it to quarters and irwin cup was not suppose to have an impact on standings. if that was the case, abbey villa would have moved up. who knows, maybe jbsa requested the move down? that could and does happen.

Comment

looks like JBSA had a better spring goal differential and they also beat galway head to head. based on those facts, jbsa should be ahead of galway. galway had a better irwin cup but only by one game and neither made it to quarters and irwin cup was not suppose to have an impact on standings. if that was the case, abbey villa would have moved up. who knows, maybe jbsa requested the move down? that could and does happen.
                    I guess that's possible but doesn't seem likely. Maybe JBSA lost players. Our boys have played both of these teams - this one is not even close. Galway was pretty weak and we understand they lost some of their better players. Unless Galway got some huge influx of talent, this won't be good for either team. JBSA can play and deserve to be in blue far more than Galway. Come on MAPLE, really? Don't make seeding decisions based on who your buddies are.

Comment

I guess that's possible but doesn't seem likely. Maybe JBSA lost players. Our boys have played both of these teams - this one is not even close. Galway was pretty weak and we understand they lost some of their better players. Unless Galway got some huge influx of talent, this won't be good for either team. JBSA can play and deserve to be in blue far more than Galway. Come on MAPLE, really? Don't make seeding decisions based on who your buddies are.

Stop your whining about a perceived injustice and simply beat Galway if they are so undeserving.

Comment

"we understand". What does that mean? Pure and total speculation to affirm your complaint about team divisional standing. And guess what, in 2 years, when H/S rolls around, nobody will give a ****e what division they play in.

Comment

villa

villa has beat jbsa fouur straight times and split with galway, and made it deeper in irwin. seeds are based off of maple standings alone. my guess jbsa asked to move down

Comment

villa has beat jbsa fouur straight times and split with galway, and made it deeper in irwin. seeds are based off of maple standings alone. my guess jbsa asked to move down
                            Both would have been better off moving down, along with at least another team in this group. Routs don't help anyone, save a few bench players on the stronger clubs if the coach has mercy and pulls his starters.

Comment

Both would have been better off moving down, along with at least another team in this group. Routs don't help anyone, save a few bench players on the stronger clubs if the coach has mercy and pulls his starters.

Why don't you all just stop on this tread, you sound like a bunch of idiots. Just let the season begin and the scores show who should be in blue and then come on here to put everyone down that you think didn't did well and shouldn't be in BLUE. Go abuse your spouse and children some more with your constant negative remarks. Love to be a fly on the wall in your trailer.

Comment

any good games today?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X