X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thorns Academy 4th in FWRL, 2nd in OYSA, No State Cup, No FWRL

Out with a whimper...

I have to appologize for my obsession with them. I really can't sleep at night. You see, the Academy cut my son a few years back. He never made ODP either. So I have always had a chip on my shoulder. So when ECNL came along, and given my ties to the club via extensive gifts of money and having my wife volunteer major amounts of time, I knew that my daughter would make the team, in spite of her major deficiencies as a player. If she had to tryout at ECNL, much less with the large numbers at the Thorns, she would have never made it on her own merits. This explains my behavior and why I am so preoccupied with them. No restraining order will keep me from stalking each and every one of the players. Sure hope no admin traces my IP address.

Comment

http://www.raiseorpraise.com/wp-cont...516-102141.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Out with a whimper...
        4th in FWRL I knew about, playing in OYSA I Knew something about and playing in Vegas in the B division. But didn't win OYSA?!

Comment

ignore the troll. They took first in the OYSA.

Comment

ignore the troll. They took first in the OYSA.
            No they haven't. If Bend wins their final game, which they will, then Bend will be the league champion as they own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Thorns.

Comment

Sad life you live. It's gotta be hard.

Comment

Sad life you live. It's gotta be hard.
                Poor Angry ECNL Poster. He really is parnoid.

Comment

No they haven't. If Bend wins their final game, which they will, then Bend will be the league champion as they own the head-to-head tiebreaker over the Thorns.
                  The Thorns Academy league results make sense, really.
                  The teams south of Portland generally are not as strong as the Portland area teams, so I would expect the top teams in Portland to generally win against Eugene and Medford.
                  Bend typically has a stronger team, particularly in this age group, so they should be competing with the top teams in the league.
                  In the Portland area most of the top talent went to the ECNL teams, leaving the rest of the Portland area teams with only a few top players that didn't want to or couldn't participate in ECNL. The geography and logistics for players outside of the Portland area would make it less likely that they would try out for ECNL - so that moves up the competitiveness of the non-Portland OYSA teams.
                  Then Thorns Academy came along and pulled in the top remaining players from the Portland area teams exclusively. That would set up Thorns Academy to win against all of the remaining Portland area teams.
                  As before, the Medford games should be wins by top Portland teams, similarly with the Eugene vs Portland games.
                  So the big competition remaining would be between Thorns Academy and Bend, which has retained a strong team playing together for some time. In that game the Thorns Academy should be at a disadvantage with more individual play.
                  If Thorns Academy builds out a multi-year program they will be able to turn that around and be unbeatable in Oregon by non-ECNL teams.
                  I don't know where those Thorns Academy teams would fit into the landscape of youth soccer, though. They won't play ECNL and there's not much point in them playing league.
                  It seems like it would be a tournament-only team. That would cause some financial issues, though - either more sponsorship $$ would be needed or the travel costs would have to go up.

Good luck figuring it out...

Comment

Actually if Bend wins then the goal differential kicks in and the Thorns have it. So, Thorns won. Don't know why you care though.

Comment

Actually if Bend wins then the goal differential kicks in and the Thorns have it. So, Thorns won. Don't know why you care though.
                      Thorns lost to bend.. Head to head.

Comment

Just goes to show how stupid the TA folks are. Don't even know the rules of their own rec league...

Comment

Just goes to show how stupid the TA folks are. Don't even know the rules of their own rec league...
                          Rec? You mean like not having referees? That is ECNL. No referees. Just for fun.

Comment

Rec? You mean like not having referees? That is ECNL. No referees. Just for fun.
                            How much FUN have the Thorns had getting hammered in FWRL and OYSA? An ALL-STAR team that is worse than a rec team...

Comment

How much FUN have the Thorns had getting hammered in FWRL and OYSA? An ALL-STAR team that is worse than a rec team...
                              There are a number of girls on that team that any ECNL team would take in a heartbeat and more than likely put your dd on the bench. And right now most ECNL teams are getting hammered in a weak NWCL so ECNL has no rom to talk. Wins against last place teams aren't worth much especially when those teams are weaker than RVT.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X