• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Id2

Have invitations gone out?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Have invitations gone out?
    We got an invite to the April NC ID2 camp earlier this week. I think there is another camp later in the year. Those invites would probably come later.

Comment

We ???

We got an invite to the April NC ID2 camp earlier this week. I think there is another camp later in the year. Those invites would probably come later.
      Unless you have a twin playing soccer, the player got an invite. You, Dad or Mom, weren't invited, but I'll guess you'll show up anyway.

Comment

Unless you have a twin playing soccer, the player got an invite. You, Dad or Mom, weren't invited, but I'll guess you'll show up anyway.
        Why are you mad?

Comment

Mad ?

Why are you mad?
          I'm not mad either in a angry sense or a mental sense. I am, however, completely tired of parents thinking that they are players. Normal parents recognize reality, many don't. These are the same ones that do things like this: After a high school game, one of the coaches asked if I could find my DD and meet him at his office. I found her, sent to his office. Apparently, as rare as it is, a well-known coach from an excellent college wished to say hello. However, a parent from the opposing team had recognized the coach and burst into the private office inside the school to tell the college coach about his daughter. Security removed him. His DD was so special that she played one year at Western Oregon as a walk-on. Normal people don't do that and and neither do they refer to their player as "we". P.S.: My DD was a senior at the time, contact was permissible and she had already accepted a verbal offer some months previous.

Comment

I'm not mad either in a angry sense or a mental sense. I am, however, completely tired of parents thinking that they are players. Normal parents recognize reality, many don't. These are the same ones that do things like this: After a high school game, one of the coaches asked if I could find my DD and meet him at his office. I found her, sent to his office. Apparently, as rare as it is, a well-known coach from an excellent college wished to say hello. However, a parent from the opposing team had recognized the coach and burst into the private office inside the school to tell the college coach about his daughter. Security removed him. His DD was so special that she played one year at Western Oregon as a walk-on. Normal people don't do that and and neither do they refer to their player as "we". P.S.: My DD was a senior at the time, contact was permissible and she had already accepted a verbal offer some months previous.
            I think you are taking this "we" stuff a bit too seriously. I read statements like "we received our invitation" to mean "my dd or my bb recieved their invitation". It's just short hand. I don't read every parent on here saying "we" to be that over the top parent who can't understand that it's their kid and not them that are playing the game. Basically, I think you should lighten up a bit. And furthermore, if your kid was a senior some time ago, I'm not sure why you spend time on this site.

Comment

Wow. We (as in you) are taking this way to personally.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X