Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    And those that blindly followed Gavin into the Alliance weren't even given the chance to ask questions. So who's the bigger sucker? It ain't the ECNL parents.
    This comment really makes no sense.

OR ECNL was a totally different and in many ways undefined model, and parents were basically told "it will work out just trust us"

OYSA is a known organization, the Timbers are a known organization, the member clubs all existed prior to the alliance and many of the OYSA teams are not alliance clubs. Also the full burden of participation didn't increase 600%

Comment

OR ECNL was a totally different and in many ways undefined model, and parents were basically told "it will work out just trust us"

OYSA is a known organization, the Timbers are a known organization, the member clubs all existed prior to the alliance and many of the OYSA teams are not alliance clubs. Also the full burden of participation didn't increase 600%
      I would agree with all of this except ECNL is a known, defined model. It's been around since 2009 (just not in oregon).

Comment

I would agree with all of this except ECNL is a known, defined model. It's been around since 2009 (just not in oregon).
        To clarify my comment was OR ECNL was a totally different...I was not talking about ECNL at the national level, only at the Oregon level.

Comment

And the thing is, if someone doesn't like the Timbers or OYSA, no one is putting a gun to their head to play on one of their affiliated teams. ECNL parents all seem, however, to think that if someone didn't drink the kool aid from Tom and Fraser, then there is something wrong with them. Somehow these parents aren't doing the best thing for their dd. And these same parents think that because if you play ECNL, specifically for CU, you must blindly abide by any decision they make and defend their leadership. It's almost like a cult. Actually, it's exactly a cult. A bunch of cultists.

Comment

And the thing is, if someone doesn't like the Timbers or OYSA, no one is putting a gun to their head to play on one of their affiliated teams. ECNL parents all seem, however, to think that if someone didn't drink the kool aid from Tom and Fraser, then there is something wrong with them. Somehow these parents aren't doing the best thing for their dd. And these same parents think that because if you play ECNL, specifically for CU, you must blindly abide by any decision they make and defend their leadership. It's almost like a cult. Actually, it's exactly a cult. A bunch of cultists.
            You're painting with a pretty broad stroke.

Most of the titles on TS are harping on ECNL and many of the 'anti-OYSA' threads seem to be cheap knock offs of those same ECNL threads, probably either to deflect attention or to show how arguments can be used against someone pro-oysa. As a father of a dd in OYSA, I can say this jib-jab back and forth has gotten old.

I say let them do their thing.

Comment

You're painting with a pretty broad stroke.

Most of the titles on TS are harping on ECNL and many of the 'anti-OYSA' threads seem to be cheap knock offs of those same ECNL threads, probably either to deflect attention or to show how arguments can be used against someone pro-oysa. As a father of a dd in OYSA, I can say this jib-jab back and forth has gotten old.

I say let them do their thing.
              So how about we actually talk about Soccer. If a team had a great game, did they tactically change something? What are the wildest stories from playing in the recent wind storm. Let's hear about soccer that is actually happening.

No politics, no OYSA/OPL-ECNL BS, let's just talk soccer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
              Auto-Saved
              x
              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
              x
              Working...
              X