Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    That u14 group is one of the better ones in Oregon.
    Let me guess, you have a U14 at home.

Comment

CFC is an Alliance team ya big dummy. And yes, the better players are, in fact, coming from Alliance teams. Maybe a couple from FCP, but that's about it. Dang, you win the enormous dummy award. Wow. Sorry for being mean, but it's true.
      You're not mean, just aggressively ignorant. The post referred to players having come out of the DA, i.e., past tense. CFC became an alliance club in late 2013. The most successful players to come out of the academy so far are Cawley, Garcia, Langsdorf, Macchione, Werner and White. Two from out of the area, two from FC, one each from Westside (an alliance team) and OSSA. Baez is from CFC and he's the one I was thinking of but he joined the DA in 2012 well before CFC became an alliance club and is still in the DA. I should have just left CFC out of it because there hasn't been anyone else. For what it's worth, neither of the two best players from here in the DA era (Rubin (WSM pre-alliance) and Sanchez (FC)) played for the DA.

Comment

You're not mean, just aggressively ignorant. The post referred to players having come out of the DA, i.e., past tense. CFC became an alliance club in late 2013. The most successful players to come out of the academy so far are Cawley, Garcia, Langsdorf, Macchione, Werner and White. Two from out of the area, two from FC, one each from Westside (an alliance team) and OSSA. Baez is from CFC and he's the one I was thinking of but he joined the DA in 2012 well before CFC became an alliance club and is still in the DA. I should have just left CFC out of it because there hasn't been anyone else. For what it's worth, neither of the two best players from here in the DA era (Rubin (WSM pre-alliance) and Sanchez (FC)) played for the DA.
        Wow. How many excuses and rationalizations can you pile into one post? Impressive.

Comment

I don't even know what this is about. Is this mansplaining why CFC hasn't won a match per the OP's link?

Comment

Obviously you havn't dug very deep... That's OK. You likely knew the answer you wanted to find before you even started to dig.

Comment

No roadblocks....timbers have approached OPL twice since the split.
              So how many times has OPL approached OYSA with a willingness to negotiate? The only times I have ever heard they basically came to the table with a ton of demands.

From my perspective all you ever hear is how high maintenance the folks with OPL are, I'm not sure why OYSA would want to negotiate.

Comment

So how many times has OPL approached OYSA with a willingness to negotiate? The only times I have ever heard they basically came to the table with a ton of demands.

From my perspective all you ever hear is how high maintenance the folks with OPL are, I'm not sure why OYSA would want to negotiate.
                Of course. If the Timbers want the best clubs in the state in their league then they will have to give up something significant. Until then the Timbers league can't claim to be anything more than the intramural league that it is.

Comment

The OPL is going no where. There is a market for Opl.
                  If you have a red level player that doesn't want to play outside of your culdesac then play in the opl.
                  If you want to be challenged and don't mind leaving your culdesac then play in oysa

Comment

If you have a red level player that doesn't want to play outside of your culdesac then play in the opl.
                    If you want to be challenged and don't mind leaving your culdesac then play in oysa
                    "red level" ? "culdesac" ?
                    W.ashington T.imbers F.ootball C.lub!??!

Comment

Exactly. The OPL is a huge cost and time savings for "B" and "C" teams. No need to travel outside of metro Portland to play teams no better than what you can play in the city. And don't forget, there are a LOT more "B" and "C" teams than there are "A" teams, even allowing that most "A" teams aren't really any better than big club "B" teams.

Comment

Exactly. The OPL is a huge cost and time savings for "B" and "C" teams. No need to travel outside of metro Portland to play teams no better than what you can play in the city. And don't forget, there are a LOT more "B" and "C" teams than there are "A" teams, even allowing that most "A" teams aren't really any better than big club "B" teams.
                        On the boys side there's really only five clubs that field premier level "A" teams. There are a couple teams in various age groups that can play at that level, but the rest of the clubs age groups are "B" or lower.

Co-incidentally(?) four out of the five are Portland clubs (Half OPL, half OYSA).

So I'd say that's the thing OPL and OYSA/Timbers are really in disagreement about - the $$ they get from the 90% of teams that are not competing for the top spot, but have a bunch of $$ flowing in from the number of players. Nobody's going to get rich off of an individual team, or maybe even club, but pool them all together and then you've got something. And it's not a philosophy that seeks to develop and provide opportunities for the top players as they come up.

Comment

The way everyone keeps saying that all the talented boys are at OYSA clubs, I guess I find it a bit surprising that

http://oysa-2015pttspring.affinityso...3-DA10D43441D4
                          there will always be one off teams from the OPL on the boys side that will do well. watching the OPL boys at the younger ages compared to what is being done in OYSA it is night and day.

in the OPL GK's punt the poop out of the ball all game long while in the OYSA GK's are rolling the ball out or playing with their feet. There is a big difference.
                          OPL teams are smashing the ball down the field apart from a couple of teams.

Comment

there will always be one off teams from the OPL on the boys side that will do well. watching the OPL boys at the younger ages compared to what is being done in OYSA it is night and day.

in the OPL GK's punt the poop out of the ball all game long while in the OYSA GK's are rolling the ball out or playing with their feet. There is a big difference.
                            OPL teams are smashing the ball down the field apart from a couple of teams.
                            Gross generalization. There are many many OYSA teams that are playing the loooonnngggg ball to the fast forward to get wins.

Comment

Gross generalization. There are many many OYSA teams that are playing the loooonnngggg ball to the fast forward to get wins.
                              Emp: There are many many OYSA teams. If a few of them play the long ball as you have been coached to argue it is a smaller % of the total teams then in OPL that has so few teams. Sorry just basic math...

Comment

Emp: There are many many OYSA teams. If a few of them play the long ball as you have been coached to argue it is a smaller % of the total teams then in OPL that has so few teams. Sorry just basic math...
                                Timbers make up 80% of OYSA and all play bootball so I think you're wrong.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X