Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It's going to be humorous to see the ECNL parents went they lose to the Academy team. What then?
    That could happen. ECNL teams are mostly drawing from wealth. There's nothing wrong with that but they are missing out on a lot of kids who can't afford $10000/year.

Comment

That could happen. ECNL teams are mostly drawing from wealth. There's nothing wrong with that but they are missing out on a lot of kids who can't afford $10000/year.
      You are showing your bias with the standardized $10k quote. Regardless, the poster has a point. "it will basically be the same thing every year. They will have a month to 'gel' and then it's off to FWRL to play bad. Take a tour in OYSA and then go to Vegas. It's a flawed model. In theory it sounds O.K. but every year it will be basically a new team. The adims at the bigger tourneys are not stupid. It will had for thorns acad. to get into any major tourneys with unproven histories."
      You can save even more money by staying with your current OYSA H.S. team and probably play in better tourney's because they will have a record to draw from.

Comment

Never happen. Tina and the Thorns crowd know that anything less than a dominating win by the Thorns would spell the immediate end of the Academy. And the Timbers can't risk that as their Alliance clubs would then lose all the rest of their girls.
        Thank you for that post Angry ECNL Poster.

Comment

We will see. The academy is growing in age groups starting the coming season. Once they have a chance to play a few games vs thusc and FCP elite league teams it will be less talk and more facts.

Comment

and it will basically be the same thing every year. They will have a month to 'gel' and then it's off to FWRL to play bad. Take a tour in OYSA and then go to Vegas. It's a flawed model. In theory it sounds O.K. but every year it will be basically a new team. The adims at the bigger tourneys are not stupid. It will had for thorns acad. to get into any major tourneys with unproven histories.
            Not really. ECNL teams are trying to avoid this by mandating that all players must pay ECNL for so many years to "qualify" for the ECNL program. Oregon ECNL doesn't want open tryouts at U14. They want "true blue" ECNl girls at U14. Actually, they want "true blue" ECNL parents at U14. THey don't want girls coming into tryouts who have not been indoctrinated. Welcome to 1935 Germany, ECNL style. Mein Kaumpf.

Comment

I'm a different example. Through both hard work and large inherited estate I could afford the cost. But I simply can't justify spending that much on soccer. I feel like there are 100 other things that I could use that money for to make the world a better place.

I don't begrudge any one who does.

Comment

The old WST 'rage' or whatever they were called (5) went to the Thorns. Otherwise there are no great H.S. teams in OYSA. However, it's basically been THUSC and FCP even when the league were joined.
                The sadness is, that Oregon people thought that these were great teams. FCP and THUSC sold Oregon a bill of goods and the people swallowed it hook, line and sinker. It's like running a 5 second 40 at the NFL combine. In D3, that time is fast. In the NFL, it stinks.

Comment

Welcome to the thread Angry ECNL Poster.
                  Thanks angry TA poster.

Comment

Not really. ECNL teams are trying to avoid this by mandating that all players must pay ECNL for so many years to "qualify" for the ECNL program. Oregon ECNL doesn't want open tryouts at U14. They want "true blue" ECNl girls at U14. Actually, they want "true blue" ECNL parents at U14. THey don't want girls coming into tryouts who have not been indoctrinated. Welcome to 1935 Germany, ECNL style. Mein Kaumpf.
                    This is a complete lie. ECNL tryouts are open to everyone. You TA fools will say anything. LMFAO!

Comment

I'm a different example. Through both hard work and large inherited estate I could afford the cost. But I simply can't justify spending that much on soccer. I feel like there are 100 other things that I could use that money for to make the world a better place.

I don't begrudge any one who does.
                      We don't begrudge you either. Lol.

Comment

The sadness is, that Oregon people thought that these were great teams. FCP and THUSC sold Oregon a bill of goods and the people swallowed it hook, line and sinker. It's like running a 5 second 40 at the NFL combine. In D3, that time is fast. In the NFL, it stinks.
                        Are you on drugs? What did FCP and THUSC sell that causes this great sadness? You drama queens are so worked up over what?

Comment

We will see. The academy is growing in age groups starting the coming season. Once they have a chance to play a few games vs thusc and FCP elite league teams it will be less talk and more facts.
                          Link to anything official regarding expansion of the Thorns Academy? Didn't think so. It's on life support now with no plans to make the problem any larger.

Comment

The Thorns Academy is expanding this year.

Comment

Link to anything official regarding continuation of the elite club league teams in Portland? Didn't think so. It's on life support now with no plans to make the problem any less expensive?
                              That's not very nice.

Comment

Are there going to be referees if the do elite club league next year?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X