Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    I know right. Game gets snowed out in beaverton, weekends get snowed out in texas. Same thing!

Go down with zero expectations for your kid and her team based on recent history and when it gets snowed out, only does you favors. Am I right? High five!
    Christ you're an angry little sh!t............. You stay here in Portland and enjoy the local soccer scene. Don't worry about what other people do. You will be a happier person.

Comment

You must be from Oregon

Obviously, I am not from Oregon since my daughter has played for an ECNL team for four years. They won't double up on games. ECNL plays one game a day, and there is no way they can get that number of fields and refs in that short a time. It has happened before at least once that I know of. It was in Denver in 2013. Thunderstorms prevented some later games from being played on the last day of the qualifer for the U15-17/championship for U14 & U18. Some games were rescheduled for the following morning, but teams were flying out and some couldn't play. That is why they now build in a weather day at the June event. They can't do that during the school year.
      Obviously I am not from Oregon since I have been with ECNL for seven years. My daughter has been doing ECNL for seven years and we never have a problem with weather cancelled games. Typically the college coaches are ten feet deep at the hotel so we just rustle up some cones and have a kick around in the hotel lobby. It usually ends up in horsing around and show off juggling skills, but still the college recruiters are furiously scribbling in their notebooks and snapping photos.

You wouldn't know any of this since you are not invited.

Comment

Obviously I am not from Oregon since I have been with ECNL for seven years. My daughter has been doing ECNL for seven years and we never have a problem with weather cancelled games. Typically the college coaches are ten feet deep at the hotel so we just rustle up some cones and have a kick around in the hotel lobby. It usually ends up in horsing around and show off juggling skills, but still the college recruiters are furiously scribbling in their notebooks and snapping photos.

We've done this! It got out of hand when parents were trying to referee and one of the girls drilled the front desk lady up side the head with a soccer ball. We then moved the girls to the pool for some Marco Polo.

Comment

So what? Stuff happens. Sitting in a hotel room in Texas is still way better than watching an OYSA HS girls soccer game in Portland.
          You are really stupid if you would rather spend $2000 so you and your daughter can go hang out in a hotel room in Texas.

Comment

You are really stupid if you would rather spend $2000 so you and your daughter can go hang out in a hotel room in Texas.
            Think about who you are talking to. Angry ECNL Poster is not the most logical person in the world. And to boot, his daughter sits the bench.

Comment

Now I know you are full of it! College coaches scribbling down things while watching kids juggle in the lobby? Snapping photos?! Hahahahahahh. You are quite possibly the dumbest person I've come across in a while.

Comment

You can't do ecnl for 7 years...nice try Fcportland nutjob. says a lot about the ecnl liar parents.

You should know that ecnl hasn't been around for that long or at least anything within the past 4 and no self respecting college coach would even consider what you said. You must be really trying to recruit players to make your kid look good.

Comment

Christ you're an angry little sh!t............. You stay here in Portland and enjoy the local soccer scene. Don't worry about what other people do. You will be a happier person.
                  You sound a little mad? The post you responded too didn't seem mad at all. You are cursing and taking the Lord's name in vain. Probably a good thing you are able to be down there, sorry that you can't live through your kid today though. Dont worry about what other people are doing, you ll be a happier person.

Am I right??? Hahhahahahaha

Comment

What are you talking about?

It did happen at least once in Denver two years ago. No one has been with ECNL for seven years unless:

1. you have more than one child playing ECNL
                    2. you are a coach

The players that started in 2009 graduated two years ago. Our club has been with ECNL from the beginning so I am well aware of the league's history.

So, yes. Games were cancelled in Denver two years ago. Thunderstorms made it impossible to play all of the games. Maybe you should check the archives to see that I know what I am talking about.

Now, go back to juggling and impressing all of the college coaches hanging out in the hotel lobby.

Comment

We've done this! It got out of hand when parents were trying to referee and one of the girls drilled the front desk lady up side the head with a soccer ball. We then moved the girls to the pool for some Marco Polo.
                      I wish I had been there to see this. An encl kick around in the lobby. A lobby clerk popped in the head with a soccer ball? That must have been so funny.

Do the college recruiters typically hang out at the same hotel? That could be a good way to get some attention without spending the big money for ecnl. Hotel kick arounds. I am interested.

Comment

I wish I had been there to see this. An encl kick around in the lobby. A lobby clerk popped in the head with a soccer ball? That must have been so funny.

Do the college recruiters typically hang out at the same hotel? That could be a good way to get some attention without spending the big money for ecnl. Hotel kick arounds. I am interested.
                        Christ you must be retarded.

Comment

This thread is hysterical! Thank you all for the entertainment.

Remember you cant reason with crazy.

Comment

What a hoot! I like that you didn't just give up. The collegiate coaches must have been delighted at the creativity to stage that right in the hotel. Did you get any follow ups as a result?

Comment

Woes Continue

10k+ a year.

Dealing with idiot parents.

Bad competition.

Same ol coaches.

Same ol training.

Mediocre teams.

Overblown Travel.

Overblown rosters to keep costs down.

Critical playing time issues with overblown rosters.

Flying to Texas to not play any games......PRICELESS.

Games Cancelled. But don't worry, you'll be able to get your competition in the hotel lobbies.

Comment

If I recruited a player from the hotel lobby based on their juggling skills, I would be fired the moment I brought that idea up.

You parents are stupid. There isn't a better way of putting that.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X