Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Games are cancelled. My DD is down there. Barely made it back to the hotel. Really sucks, but you can't control the weather.
    I think it was a joke. Clearly the weather is terrible. Just funny that the fields show up as open. Heard it is in mid - 20s and snowing. You can play soccer in a lot of weather, but this would be pushing it. And yes, they get ice in the south and it's impossible to drive in. For the parent's sake, hope the manager had the foresight to book a hotel with a bar or close to a liquor store.

Comment

Who's the angry poster? It looks like the fool who can't stop posting about it.

Really? You're posting about bad weather? Something that could happen to anyone or any league?

Seek help. You are a troubled person.

Comment

Really? You're posting about bad weather? Something that could happen to anyone or any league?

You will forever be the Angry Poster. Look at your post, it's dripping with Anger. Hey, they can't play but it's going to be a great bonding experience.

Comment

Crazy parents. 10k or more a year. Subpar fc Portland showcase. Mediocre competition. Losing to local teams. Subpar training.

Super awesome trip to Dallas!

All Friday games cancelled due to weather.......

PRICELESS
          Trust me, TA lemming buddy you've got a lot more to worry about, at that Alliance club of yours, than the weather in Texas. I mean, what if it snows and you can't get to Bend for your OYSA Rec league game this weekend?

Comment

I am a TA parent and this is ridiculous. Weather is NOT an ECNL "woe." It's weather and soccer in February comes with these weather related risks. Is the snow Bend is getting a TA "woe?" Dummy.

Comment

Trust me, TA lemming buddy you've got a lot more to worry about, at that Alliance club of yours, than the weather in Texas. I mean, what if it snows and you can't get to Bend for your OYSA Rec league game this weekend?
              So, are you hanging out in the lobby watching the snow blow around? Or did you get lucky and stay here so that your outlay for one game is only $1,200? If not, then that's a nice $2,000 + spent to sit in a hotel room.

Comment

So, are you hanging out in the lobby watching the snow blow around? Or did you get lucky and stay here so that your outlay for one game is only $1,200? If not, then that's a nice $2,000 + spent to sit in a hotel room.
                So what? Stuff happens. Sitting in a hotel room in Texas is still way better than watching an OYSA HS girls soccer game in Portland.

Comment

Guessing all the parents are in their hotels bored. So why not come on here and try to have some fun.

Comment

So what? Stuff happens. Sitting in a hotel room in Texas is still way better than watching an OYSA HS girls soccer game in Portland.
                    Ha ha. Let's see, at least $1,000 for the dd to travel, if not a couple hundred more. Plus your ticket, three nights lodging, a rental car, eating out.... should be at least $1,200 to $1,500 for you. Double that if you brought the old lady. All so you can sit inside your room at the Ramada Inn and Suites and look at the snow. What the heck, it saved a couple of beat downs so all is not lost.

Comment

Ha ha. Let's see, at least $1,000 for the dd to travel, if not a couple hundred more. Plus your ticket, three nights lodging, a rental car, eating out.... should be at least $1,200 to $1,500 for you. Double that if you brought the old lady. All so you can sit inside your room at the Ramada Inn and Suites and look at the snow. What the heck, it saved a couple of beat downs so all is not lost.
                      It's clear you have never traveled for competitive sports before. It's okay. Sh!t happens.

You look like the new angry poster. Go take your meds.

Comment

It's clear you have never traveled for competitive sports before. It's okay. Sh!t happens.

It's clear that your old lady has more money than you have brains. You can assume all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that you dumped $2,200 or more on a weekend of sitting in the hotel room.

Comment

We've been with ECNL for four years

I assume that they will double up on games on Saturday or Sunday if possible? I don't know how many teams are down there however so the logistics for this might be impossible. Finding fields and referees might be a daunting task.
                          Obviously, I am not from Oregon since my daughter has played for an ECNL team for four years. They won't double up on games. ECNL plays one game a day, and there is no way they can get that number of fields and refs in that short a time. It has happened before at least once that I know of. It was in Denver in 2013. Thunderstorms prevented some later games from being played on the last day of the qualifer for the U15-17/championship for U14 & U18. Some games were rescheduled for the following morning, but teams were flying out and some couldn't play. That is why they now build in a weather day at the June event. They can't do that during the school year.

Comment

No kidding

Exactly. It happens at non ECNL events too, but the ECNL haters refuse to admit it.

Comment

Who cares. Ecnl parents don't care about playing anywaY. They get their patch and at least get to say they went.

Will sum up the entire season for these two clubs.

Comment

Exactly. It happens at non ECNL events too, but the ECNL haters refuse to admit it.
                                I know right. Game gets snowed out in beaverton, weekends get snowed out in texas. Same thing!

Go down with zero expectations for your kid and her team based on recent history and when it gets snowed out, only does you favors. Am I right? High five!

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X