Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    It was FC Portland's home games and they were responsible for refs.
    Thank you Fraser for clarifying that. Do you want to post Garrett's number so that any angry parents can call him?

Comment

Nope just a parent of a U18 dd and just the facts. It was great we got to play and it was a fun match to watch.

Comment

Thank you Fraser for clarifying that. Do you want to post Garrett's number so that any angry parents can call him?
        There is no point in getting angry or attacking someone. This is the truth of the matter. FC Portland was responsible for booking refs and they didn't.

Comment

Nope just a parent of a U18 dd and just the facts. It was great we got to play and it was a fun match to watch.
          I agree that it was fun to watch a match. What I am struggling with is the value. We can scrimmage anywhere.

Comment

U18 played with refs. It was a league game.

Comment

U18 played with refs. It was a league game.
              So the reality is that you have to reschedule the fields and get both teams back at some point in the future. This time WITH refs. Not a huge deal, but there are costs involved and the players and parents have to make the drive back out to Liberty again. All for something that could have been easily avoided.

Comment

So the reality is that you have to reschedule the fields and get both teams back at some point in the future. This time WITH refs. Not a huge deal, but there are costs involved and the players and parents have to make the drive back out to Liberty again. All for something that could have been easily avoided.
                No the U18 was official. It was a scrimmage at the cost of an elite league game.

Comment

No the U18 was official. It was a scrimmage at the cost of an elite league game.
                  What I meant to say is that the U14, U15 and U17 teams have to all reconvene at some point. I agree that the U16 and u18 games are official. I'll take it from you that it was more of a scrimmage than a game, I wasn't there.

Comment

It's not like driving to Medford...

Comment

It's not like driving to Medford...
                      At least Medford can schedule refs. And for less than $10K a year.

Comment

At least Medford can schedule refs. And for less than $10K a year.
                        Yep. They even had their Medford rec league ref patches. Looked a lot like the Timbers Alliance patch but I'm sure that was just coincidence.

Comment

Yep. They even had their Medford rec league ref patches. Looked a lot like the Timbers Alliance patch but I'm sure that was just coincidence.
                          Typical futile attacking posts to try to deflect from the facts that for $10K, Portland ECNL can't even schedule refs. $10K for a scrimmage. The count down for Portland losing ECNL has begun. Just wait until this happens when some teams come flying in here only to have PARENTS reffing a scrimmage. Oh boy, that's going to be some fun.

Comment

Reality

The funny thing is no parents were that upset. Yea it was a little bit of a let down but the quality of these games between FC and THUSC are always so competitive that I think everyone is okay with doing it again.

Comment

The funny thing is no parents were that upset. Yea it was a little bit of a let down but the quality of these games between FC and THUSC are always so competitive that I think everyone is okay with doing it again.
                              Maybe should have just done this and did away with a bunch of the other ECNL games. Would have been a lot less money and, apparently, just as fulfilling.

Comment

Maybe should have just done this and did away with a bunch of the other ECNL games. Would have been a lot less money and, apparently, just as fulfilling.
                                I actually was a little miffed. Maybe we should be upset when our league clearly made a humongous blunder when we are being sold a very high level package..

It is fun to play anywhere and I enjoy watching my kid as much as anything else that I might be up to. However, I am forking out a bunch of money and expect the utmost professionalism, competition, ability to schedule and so forth. Thank god this happened when it was JUST two local teams playing one another. It would be beyond unacceptable in a situation in which teams traveled here to play.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X