Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    There are no professional women's teams. At best, they are semi-professional. And with an average attendance of less than 2500, and no TV deal, even that league will likely disappear soon.
    agreed. If you are using food stamps to eat, it's not professional. It's fun to take the dd and go watch, but not something for her to aspire to.

Comment

agreed. If you are using food stamps to eat, it's not professional. It's fun to take the dd and go watch, but not something for her to aspire to.
      While I'm at it, neither is 4th place out of six in FWRL.

Comment

While I'm at it, neither is 4th place out of six in FWRL.
        Don't be so hard on them.

Comment

Don't be so hard on them.
          True, the Timbers could have made them even worse. Putting them on OYSA league will probably do that, though.

Comment

So the Thorns came in 4th out of 6 teams in FWRL, what's next? Winter OYSA and then apply to some big tourney?

Comment

So the Thorns came in 4th out of 6 teams in FWRL, what's next? Winter OYSA and then apply to some big tourney?
              Winter OYSA Rec+ and then OYSA State Cup. Gotta qualify for Regionals somehow. Probably won't allow any other teams to enter state cup with them.

This all assumes that the Academy lasts that long. Absolutely NO guarantee of that!

Comment

Winter OYSA Rec+ and then OYSA State Cup. Gotta qualify for Regionals somehow. Probably won't allow any other teams to enter state cup with them.

This all assumes that the Academy lasts that long. Absolutely NO guarantee of that!
                My daughter plays on an ECNL team and I am shocked that the ECNL parents are coming on here and speaking this way about the Thorns. WHY? how does this help us? My kid has friends on that team. We wish them well. I know they have at least 3 good D1 commitments. How can that be bad? The negativity towards the Thorns on this board is way beyond what we have heard from the TA. Please stop. There is room for everyone.

Comment

My daughter plays on an ECNL team and I am shocked that the ECNL parents are coming on here and speaking this way about the Thorns. WHY? how does this help us? My kid has friends on that team. We wish them well. I know they have at least 3 good D1 commitments. How can that be bad? The negativity towards the Thorns on this board is way beyond what we have heard from the TA. Please stop. There is room for everyone.
                  You're assuming it's ECNL parents doing the bashing. I would guess it's actually TA parents whose kids didn't make either ECNL or the Academy.

Comment

What suck college would take girls from a team that finished 4th in FWRL? Yes I have a dd on a TA team to young for the thorns or ecnl, but I think there are legitimate questions that need answering. What the hell happened to the thorn team.

Comment

True, the Timbers could have made them even worse. Putting them on OYSA league will probably do that, though.
                      That's why some opl or ecnl teams switched to oysa for spring?

Comment

That's why some opl or ecnl teams switched to oysa for spring?
                        Which teams?

Comment

What suck college would take girls from a team that finished 4th in FWRL? Yes I have a dd on a TA team to young for the thorns or ecnl, but I think there are legitimate questions that need answering. What the hell happened to the thorn team.
                          Really? Stop you do not know what you are talking about

University of Hawaii
                          Oregon State
                          Colorado

Comment

This again is a lie. If you have a younger child you would not know about the Thorns team and the history of the team. Give me a break.

Comment

Really? Stop you do not know what you are talking about

University of Hawaii
                              Oregon State
                              Colorado
                              They had those prior to playing for the Thorns. Playing poorly, doing poorly in FWRL did nothing for them.

Comment

The negativity towards the Thorns on this board is way beyond what we have heard from the TA. Please stop. There is room for everyone.
                                It is good that there are some rational folks on here. All the criticism just makes youth soccer look bad

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X