Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    [ The coaches that they'e gathered will slowly return. I'll bet half of their teams will be wearing Red within two years.
    Agreed. Nobody lasts long at FCSC, team or Coaches. Unless you one of their 4 good teams.[/QUOTE]

Let's hope the door stays open for the kids but let's make sure we don't answer it when SD comes knocking. It will take another year to peel off the funk he left on the club but the management is heading in the right direction by delivering on ancient promises.

Comment

Agreed. Nobody lasts long at FCSC, team or Coaches. Unless you one of their 4 good teams.
      Let's hope the door stays open for the kids but let's make sure we don't answer it when SD comes knocking. It will take another year to peel off the funk he left on the club but the management is heading in the right direction by delivering on ancient promises.[/QUOTE]

Way more than a year, more like 3-4. That'll be about the time it'll take for the ones that were effected by him to cycle out.

Ancient promises............just part of that dog and pony show they sold every year in various incarnations.

Comment

No freaking duh. There is not a single person that disagrees that there is a decline in membership over the past 2-3 years, post merger. That was communicated over and over by anyone and everyone... I think the that's the main reason for the changes in personnel. It's not a question of comparing to 2-3 years ago, it's a matter of comparing last year to this year. Has the membership stabilized? Are there tangible positive changes that we can point to? I would have a hard time saying that the tide hasn't turned in the positive direction. And I have not always been a fan. But I like what I see.
        Hasn't turned positive on the girls side yet. Fewer teams than last year. May never turn around.

Comment

With two turf fields exclusive to WT_FC, big changes are coming. Numbers will improve, and fewer parents at the younger ages will be fooled by song and dance routines.

Delusional parents will still exist, but break-aways will be fewer and not as long lasting with a professional regime in place.

If those two turf fields weren't going in I'd agree with you, but they are. The numbers were in decline because of the folks that were there earlier, not because of who is in place now.

F*SC, isn't going anywhere. They don't have the resources,.....not even a muddy Harmony field complex(w/turf now). The coaches that they'e gathered will slowly return. I'll bet half of their teams will be wearing Red within two years.
          Too bad the individual teams have to pay for the turf fields - at $90 per hour. "Winter Lights" are still included in the player fees for 1-2 nights per week from December thru February but anything over and above that is $90 per hour.

And it's never been about the fields at Harmony. My DD played for Timbers for 3 years and only played about 4 games total at Harmony. We left because the coaching was bottom of the barrel - and it hasn't improved.

Comment

Too bad the individual teams have to pay for the turf fields - at $90 per hour. "Winter Lights" are still included in the player fees for 1-2 nights per week from December thru February but anything over and above that is $90 per hour.

And it's never been about the fields at Harmony. My DD played for Timbers for 3 years and only played about 4 games total at Harmony. We left because the coaching was bottom of the barrel - and it hasn't improved.
            You lost me (and everyone else) when you said, 'And it's never been about the fields at Harmony.' Your credibility is shot, pal.

Comment

No freaking duh. There is not a single person that disagrees that there is a decline in membership over the past 2-3 years, post merger. That was communicated over and over by anyone and everyone... I think the that's the main reason for the changes in personnel. It's not a question of comparing to 2-3 years ago, it's a matter of comparing last year to this year. Has the membership stabilized? Are there tangible positive changes that we can point to? I would have a hard time saying that the tide hasn't turned in the positive direction. And I have not always been a fan. But I like what I see.
              changes have been made and Vantucky is up 18%. There were full teams that moved
              over to WT_FC

Comment

Everyone knew this. Joe will take anyone to create a bankroll for the '00 girls team.
                Just look at the coach that moved over from the G'01's. That coached told Joe F. That he would bring over 20 players from vantucky timbers if he could be head coach. In the end only 4 incompetent families followed this whack job, one of which he had to beg the coaching staff to take on the team. She doesn't belong on this team. Now he is running around like he owns the place while the original head coach who has been with the club for a long time gets screwed.

Typical crap. Pacific and Vantucky are looking good right about now.
                If only 4 players left WT_FC how come they have 2 fewer teams this year than last? Where'd they all go? Hint: They didn't quit playing soccer.

Problems with this age group at WT_FC never change. 1) Very poor coaches and 2) Reds team mom scares everybody away so her DD can be the big fish in a small pond

Comment

changes have been made and Vantucky is up 18%. There were full teams that moved
                  over to WT_FC
                  And full teams that moved out of WT_FC. Overall, on the girls side, they're down again this year. It just looks like they have more at the younger ages because the 9v9 teams have smaller rosters and therefore more teams.

Comment

And full teams that moved out of WT_FC. Overall, on the girls side, they're down again this year. It just looks like they have more at the younger ages because the 9v9 teams have smaller rosters and therefore more teams.
                    +42 Tier 2 Players
                    +4 Tier 3 Players
                    +9 Tier 4 Players

+187 Rec players

Comment

+42 Tier 2 Players
                      +4 Tier 3 Players
                      +9 Tier 4 Players

+187 Rec players
                      So their still only about 200 down from 2 years ago. A mere blip that will disappear in the continuing decline.

Comment

You lost me (and everyone else) when you said, 'And it's never been about the fields at Harmony.' Your credibility is shot, pal.
                        Fields have always been a problem but nobody left just because of the fields. It was always the coaching and the philosophy, or lack thereof.

Comment

Fields have always been a problem but nobody left just because of the fields. It was always the coaching and the philosophy, or lack thereof.
                          It's hard to implement a philosophy without facilities. I think vantucky is moving in the right direction

Comment

It's hard to implement a philosophy without facilities. I think vantucky is moving in the right direction
                            If you think a turf field will suddenly make WT_FC a better club, might want to think again. Good coaches are a must. Good fields can always be rented. WT_FC has very very few good coaches.

Comment

If you think a turf field will suddenly make WT_FC a better club, might want to think again. Good coaches are a must. Good fields can always be rented. WT_FC has very very few good coaches.
                              Every club has very few good coaches. no club owns its own turf. Except 1.

Comment

You sound like you are on the verge of tears. Things just aint going like you hoped.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X