Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Relax. The Ding-Dongs that run US Soccer don't care. No complaining allowed either.
    Why do we have ding dongs in charge? Is it like politics in that apathy is the order of the day?

Comment

Crossfire United ECNL G01 ECNL
      Eastside Timbers Celta Vigo G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      Capital FC Zenith G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      THUSC Mercury G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      Washington Timbers Red G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      FC Portland ECNL G01 ECNL
      ETFC Cypress Black G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      FC Portland Navy G01 Thorns Premier Silver
      RVSC Timbers Red G01 Thorns Premier Gold
      Pelada FA Irish United G01 Thorns Premier Silver
      This can't be right. Cypress is a lot better than their record. If you look at this from the point of individual development instead of wins and losses they would move up the chart meaningfully.

Comment

1-10
        Eastside Timbers Celta Vigo G01 Thorns Premier Gold
        Washington Timbers Red G01 Thorns Premier Gold
        Crossfire United ECNL G01 ECNL
        Capital FC Zenith G01 Thorns Premier Gold
        FC Portland ECNL G01 ECNL
        FC Portland Navy G01 Thorns Premier Silver
        THUSC Mercury G01 Thorns Premier Gold
        RVSC Timbers Red G01 Thorns Premier Gold
        Pelada FA Irish United G01 Thorns Premier Silver
        ETFC Cypress Black G01 Thorns Premier Gold

Pretty much spot on.
        This is the closest to what I think is a fair top ten.

Comment

Current calendar year & new birth year have built in 1 year age difference. Most kids end game is to play in HS and then, hopefully, college. HS lets freshmen thru seniors play and colleges recruit by grad year- regardless if graduate is 17 or 19 at the time of graduation. So use grad date and have a max age range to stop too big of an age difference.
          Only problem with that logic is that US Soccer is only concerned with the national teams. They have absolutely no interest in college soccer.

Comment

Eastside has improve since almost knocking off FCP in state cup.
            Yeah, they get almost 2 shots on goal per game now instead of just the 1 they got in that game.

Comment

This is the closest to what I think is a fair top ten.
              Surely you jest.

Comment

Eastside has improve since almost knocking off FCP in state cup.
                Please define "improved".

Comment

FC Portland got a great draw for Arizona. Should win all three games. One of the teams has a -14 goal differential. The other two teams are sub-.500 wins/losses.

Great way to build some confidence.
                  It will just be good to get out and play. Starting off with easier teams will be nice. Coach can experiment a little.

Comment

All "showcases" are just that. Showcases. There is no overall champion, runner up, blah blah blah. No tropies, no medals. I know that wouldn't work here in Timberland but it's the way the big kids roll. They don't care if a particular team wins or loses.
                    And that's ok. Wins/losses don't matter. Getting to the national team matters and that's not a team sport.

Comment

And that's ok. Wins/losses don't matter. Getting to the national team matters and that's not a team sport.
                      Please tell me there are not parents worrying about the national team in 8th grade.

Comment

Please tell me there are not parents worrying about the national team in 8th grade.
                        One made the Natty team pool last year.

Comment

One made the Natty team pool last year.
                          Are you kidding, I know many 6th & 7th grade parents who are already obsessed with their kids making the national team.

Comment

Are you kidding, I know many 6th & 7th grade parents who are already obsessed with their kids making the national team.
                            This year she is a Freshman. And yes, she made the national pool.

All those 6th and 7th grade parents will be in for a harsh reality in the coming years.

Comment

Congratulations to her! She is a true Oregon anomaly. She will help keep the dream and obsession alive for all those younger players though. The clubs, pdp, ODP, U.S. Training Centers are starting younger & younger and fuel the hopes of all these kids. They need all these kids spending all their time & money on soccer dreams to keep the soccer machine going. All but maybe one or two players from Oregon every 5 years or so will have a rude awakening when they realize they will never be on the Olympic team. And after putting all their time & money in the soccer basket...that's why so many kids quit soccer at high school. Instead of building a true love of the game, we've built up in them an essentially impossible goal and made them feel like if they work hard, it is a forgone conclusion. We all think "my kid is the special one...my kid will not only make national youth pools, she will start and play all game on the 18 player Olympic squad". I have to go get her to her private training now-she has work to do!

Comment

Congratulations to her! She is a true Oregon anomaly. She will help keep the dream and obsession alive for all those younger players though. The clubs, pdp, ODP, U.S. Training Centers are starting younger & younger and fuel the hopes of all these kids. They need all these kids spending all their time & money on soccer dreams to keep the soccer machine going. All but maybe one or two players from Oregon every 5 years or so will have a rude awakening when they realize they will never be on the Olympic team. And after putting all their time & money in the soccer basket...that's why so many kids quit soccer at high school. Instead of building a true love of the game, we've built up in them an essentially impossible goal and made them feel like if they work hard, it is a forgone conclusion. We all think "my kid is the special one...my kid will not only make national youth pools, she will start and play all game on the 18 player Olympic squad". I have to go get her to her private training now-she has work to do!
                                Yes, she's an anomaly. She has been the best player on the field since I first saw her at U11. She played at one of the larger clubs (playing up), did ODP, PNP, then ECNL and the USWNT pool she is now is playing ECNL for X-Fire Premier (Seattle, WA) and playing for one of the larger, higher ranked H.S. here in pdx. No, 99% will never come close to what she has achieved, even with all the training.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X