Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What's wrong with this guy? Insincere, back-stabbing, half-wit. Anyone else feel he's qualified to mentor our kids?
    He's most useful on hot sunny days....because he's so shady!

Comment

yep, he is not going to sell everyone, that's for sure. The ones that leave will actually help the club out. Brett only wants coaches that believe in the new philosophy. It's a pretty simple relationship. If you are a coach that wants to grow then WT_FC is the place to be. God knows that it can't get any worse :)
      We left the club because it DIDNT offer long-term thinking. I hope the new DoC's philosophy will be developed. We went across the river and got better coaching and a better club with a long term philosophy. We win some, we lose some. But my DK loves his coaches and team and he is really into soccer again.

Comment

We left the club because it DIDNT offer long-term thinking. I hope the new DoC's philosophy will be developed. We went across the river and got better coaching and a better club with a long term philosophy. We win some, we lose some. But my DK loves his coaches and team and he is really into soccer again.
        What is the long term philosophy?

Comment

What is the long term philosophy?
          You can read their "mission statement", which is the same used by every youth soccer club in the USA. But don't let that stop you from believing that the WT really, really do mean it!

Comment

You can read their "mission statement", which is the same used by every youth soccer club in the USA. But don't let that stop you from believing that the WT really, really do mean it!
            I was asking the OP what the long term philosophy was at the club they went to in Portland, not what the philosophy is at WT_FC. Obviously they left for a Portland Club because of their superior philosophy, what is it?

Comment

"Development" is just the soccer marketing buzzword these days. WT_FC would be better to start with some simpler measures like:

1) # of times per month that all teams in an age group practice together
              2) amount of player movement between A/B/C teams throughout a season
              3) player retention rates
              4) player placement in ODP/iD2/EPD/ECNL/USSDA
              5) increases in coaching experience and license level

All easily measurable and easily communicated to the membership on a regular basis.
              #1 Why practice with the entire age group? You should practice once a month with the team "below" and the team "above" (age up if Reds). But a Red should not practice with a Forrest.

#2 is fine if you are Academy system but WT is not. What's the point of this idea?

#3 is not the correct measure. They should measure how many kids go to another club.

#4 is probably a good measure

#5 is absolutely a must and, today, the biggest gap at WT. The good news is that the coaching level is so pathetic today (like Reds with "E" licenses) that improving here is a piece of cake.

Comment

I was asking the OP what the long term philosophy was at the club they went to in Portland, not what the philosophy is at WT_FC. Obviously they left for a Portland Club because of their superior philosophy, what is it?
                My bad.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. People I know that play in Portland are going because their Vancouver option sucks or because an existing team assembled in Portland is superior (and they belong on it).

I've never heard of anyone going their because the Portland club has a better "philosophy". That word is causing my B-S detector to ring.

Comment

My bad.

Yeah, I'd like to know too. People I know that play in Portland are going because their Vancouver option sucks or because an existing team assembled in Portland is superior (and they belong on it).

I've never heard of anyone going their because the Portland club has a better "philosophy". That word is causing my B-S detector to ring.
                  lol!
                  "B-S detector"...that is funny!
                  I agree and that is why I asked the question. It isn't all that uncommon that kids make their way to the Couv' from Portland. Vantucky does have a couple of good teams that draw Portland players over. I think the GU12's have two Portland players and I heard that the BU11's have like four Portland players on their team.

Comment

#1 Why practice with the entire age group? You should practice once a month with the team "below" and the team "above" (age up if Reds). But a Red should not practice with a Forrest.

#2 is fine if you are Academy system but WT is not. What's the point of this idea?

#3 is not the correct measure. They should measure how many kids go to another club.

#4 is probably a good measure

#5 is absolutely a must and, today, the biggest gap at WT. The good news is that the coaching level is so pathetic today (like Reds with "E" licenses) that improving here is a piece of cake.
                    #1 You'd be surprised how many Forest players would actually show up the bottom end Reds at practice.

#2. Per the new DoC, WT_FC is moving towards an Academy system. That means regular player movement between rosters.

#3. Only if you want to go out of business before you pay off those $2M in loans for the turf fields.

Comment

lol!
                      "B-S detector"...that is funny!
                      I agree and that is why I asked the question. It isn't all that uncommon that kids make their way to the Couv' from Portland. Vantucky does have a couple of good teams that draw Portland players over. I think the GU12's have two Portland players and I heard that the BU11's have like four Portland players on their team.
                      If GU12's had to draw from north Portland it's only because they lost their top starters to FCP last spring...

Comment

If GU12's had to draw from north Portland it's only because they lost their top starters to FCP last spring...
                        funny, I actually know about the team you're talking about. the top players don't even play on age, they play with the '01's. I know the parents that left this team. Absolute CANCERS to any team they land on. The parent group is very happy I'm sure with their departure last year. From the looks of it this group has done well without them or the top players that are playing up. Next year this team should add some nice pieces to the puzzle.

Comment

funny, I actually know about the team you're talking about. the top players don't even play on age, they play with the '01's. I know the parents that left this team. Absolute CANCERS to any team they land on. The parent group is very happy I'm sure with their departure last year. From the looks of it this group has done well without them or the top players that are playing up. Next year this team should add some nice pieces to the puzzle.
                          Complete BS. There is one 02 players playing up on the 01 Reds and she has done that since U10. She plays all game, every game, between the pipes.

As for the CANCERS, they stayed at WT_FC. There are a number of them in both the 02 and 01 parent groups there. Nasty characters that will do ANYTHING to undermine other kids to benefit their own.

Comment

#1 You'd be surprised how many Forest players would actually show up the bottom end Reds at practice.

#2. Per the new DoC, WT_FC is moving towards an Academy system. That means regular player movement between rosters.

#3. Only if you want to go out of business before you pay off those $2M in loans for the turf fields.
                            #1) Maybe there are a few Forrests that could play with the Reds but that indicates the selection process was done incorrectly. If #2 works as you hope it will, this should self-correct. In the meantime, Reds would waste time with the majority of weaker players and most Forrest players would be frustrated. Agree?

2) Where did you read--and not heard--that?

3) Your definition is business related, but not a measure of the health of the program. If I want a business metric, I would not care about number of kids but I would care about the profitability of each kid. (Big difference). If I want to measure the health (community perception) of WT, then I want to know that kids are not leaving my program to go to another club.

Comment

2) Where did you read--and not heard--that?
                              Email from the club calling it an "Academy" now. Also website now talks about "player placement" and "academy" at

http://www.washingtontimbers.com/advanced

Word is that players will be placed in "tiers" or "pools" instead of teams. So a "Red/Green" pool, a "Forest/Lime" Pool, etc. based on how much they want to pay. Pool will practice together and team rosters will change constantly.

Comment

You're info may be dated. I don't think any of the top players are on the 01's anymore, and contrary to an earlier post, they didn't depart to FCP. One, and only one, is debatable. The rest of your statement is completely accurate.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X