Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hmmm, one way to look at it, but not where I was going with it. I think ECNL is a great option for girls, my daughter plays, but there seems to be this back and forth about the path to college. The top programs will likely recruit from ECNL. But if you combine DI, DII, DIII and NAIA, you are looking at thousands of spots for freshman, over 2500 in DI alone. So if you are just looking at 20 players per team, that is still only 1500 players graduating every year which means more players will come from NOT PLAYING ECNL, than from playing ECNL.

However, it can be argued that the power 65 schools (PAC12, Big 12, etc) and other top programs will most likely recruit most of their players from the ECNL.
    Assuming they only recruit from domestic pools. At the D1level and especially as universities are emphasizing international recruitment I would be surprised to learn they only recruited domestically.

Comment

Well, I guess if this is your last ditch effort, and your child otherwise would not go to college, then probably the price is well invested. The part of the salesmanship where I gag on my own vomit however is most of the girls playing ECNL were already headed on a college track. For ECNL to laud these outrageous % of their players who "go to college" is just smoke and mirrors. I wonderif whe a girl gets an academic scholarship if they also roll that into the bankroll they take credit for with players...
      Focus on academics. The downside risk is much lower.

Comment

Maybe some girls just want to play at the ECNL level. And for a lot of the teams the price is about what we were paying before, it has not gone up much for us since our team was already traveling a lot. ECNL does give more exposure to schools out side of the area. There might not be much difference for the current U17 and U18 players but the U16 and younger, they might find some new and different opportunities.

Bottom line, none of these decisions should be made based on what could happen, but the best place for your kid right now. And if you cannot afford it, it shouldn't be a discussion at all. Most girls playing in college will not have played in the ECNL, period.
        So do ECNL teams play more on the east coast or do they tend to stay more on the west coast ?

Comment

So do ECNL teams play more on the east coast or do they tend to stay more on the west coast ?
          My daughter plays U15 ecnl. Her team plays West Coast. Went to Dallas and that is as far East as they traveled, 90 percent of games are West Coast.

Comment

It depends which ECNL showcases a club decides to go to. CU U16 and U17 went to Florida this year and the majority of the coaches attending were from the east coast. Some of the games had over 60 coaches watching so most of the contact after that tournament were east coast schools. It depends on the individual if that is valuable or not.

Each U16 and U17 team needs to attend 3 showcases, they can pick from Phoenix, Florida, Texas, San Diego, and New Jersey. U15 and U18 only need to attend 2 a year.

If a team makes it to the playoffs, that also draws schools from all over the country.

Comment

My daughter plays U15 ecnl. Her team plays West Coast. Went to Dallas and that is as far East as they traveled, 90 percent of games are West Coast.
              He asked I they play. You didn't play in Dallas. You watched the snow.

Comment

It depends which ECNL showcases a club decides to go to. CU U16 and U17 went to Florida this year and the majority of the coaches attending were from the east coast. Some of the games had over 60 coaches watching so most of the contact after that tournament were east coast schools. It depends on the individual if that is valuable or not.

Each U16 and U17 team needs to attend 3 showcases, they can pick from Phoenix, Florida, Texas, San Diego, and New Jersey. U15 and U18 only need to attend 2 a year.

If a team makes it to the playoffs, that also draws schools from all over the country.
                Thanks for the information. One of the rarities on here

Comment

if it really is $8,000 to 10,000 per year per kid why don't they have referees for encl games?

Comment

if it really is $8,000 to 10,000 per year per kid why don't they have referees for encl games?
                    If you know how to play the beautiful game there's no need for referees.

Comment

If you know how to play the beautiful game there's no need for referees.
                      Oddly, official results depend upon them.

Comment

It's so sweet and silly that the dads jumped in and helped to save the day. Let's hear it for the dads!

Comment

It's silly until one of the dads takes it too seriously and does this:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/refer...r-13584684.jpg

Comment

Oddly, official results depend upon them.
                            Typical TA lemming response. All about results, no thought towards development. Keep kicking that long ball, it's all you've got.

Comment

It's silly until one of the dads takes it too seriously and does this:

http://thumbs.dreamstime.com/x/refer...r-13584684.jpg
                              Did one of the ECNL dads light a girl up with a red card??

Comment

Typical TA lemming response. All about results, no thought towards development. Keep kicking that long ball, it's all you've got.
                                ECNL should do nothing but scrimmages eh? Nice dufus. Do you even think before you post? Apparently not.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X