Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Our Eastside team felt the same way. We had been invited to Surf Cup the last 3 years, but declined because we thought it was too far for other coaches to travel. I heard Surf Cup was going to change to a more central location like Chicago for next year.
    I find it more than comical when someone says they were invited to Surf but turned it down. More than 200 teams apply per age group

Comment

I know it's hard to fathom that Chicago and Minneapolis have good soccer clubs, but I think it's just as difficult for them to fathom that there is anything resembling soccer here in Oregon.
      It's hard to fathom good clubs in Chicago? Are you serious or do you just live in a cave?

The Eclipse are one of the best clubs you'll find anywhere. The Sockers, though not at the level of the Eclipse, can go toe-to-toe with most clubs across the country. NSA perineally has some of the best teams in all age groups across the country. The Team Chicago team that played in the USYSA U 19 National Championship game last year, spent the better part of its time as one of the top 5 teams in the country from U15 onward. I believe that nearly every player on that team is playing in college now - most DI.

They grow soccer players in Chicago.

Comment

Chicago Surf on the shores of Lake Michigan. Sweet!
        Why are you morons putting down Midwest soccer? It's ten times better than anything here. Way to be stupid you ECNL mouth breathers. Go back to your cave.

Comment

This thread was started 6 days ago. As of today, there are only 50 coaches registered - 4 more than 6 days ago. The event is less than 1 month away. As was already pointed out, there were only 129 coaches registered last year for San Diego. That, at least IMHO, is pretty sparse for a national ECNL event. Perhaps the location of this event should be changed. San Diego is a great location with great weather but it is one of the more expensive cities to fly into for a lot of the country - particularly those on the East coast and the eastern part of the MW.
          Maybe do you think that San Diego will attract more coaches from western colleges? Could that be why ECNL has tournaments spread around the country? For Eastern schools wasn't there an event in Orlando not so long ago.

Another pointer leading me this direction is the lack of registered coaches. Coaches typically can register on site. It is less likely for a coach to do that if they are flying out from back east, but coming down from Palo Alto or Berkeley is not so hard.

Comment

Just give me the call, I'm ready to step in.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...drpI33Sp0NNDuA

Comment

However there is wasteful spending by parents with rose colored glasses in the foreseeable future.
              Why do you care what other people do with their money? Do you stand outside of Starbucks and tell everyone how much money they're wasting getting a latte every day?

Comment

Why do you care what other people do with their money? Do you stand outside of Starbucks and tell everyone how much money they're wasting getting a latte every day?
                http://blogcdn.sharefaith.com/wp-con...hurchmoney.jpg

http://www.insurance.com/imagesvr_ce...lly%20ways.jpg

Comment

Actually it was cheaper then $3600. My dd didn't have to keep playing FWRL and they didn't get accepted to surf.

Comment

How I spend my money is my issue. ECNL is expensive but nothing is too good for my dd.

Comment

Back to how you spend your money, eh?

Comment

Moderated Forum - ECNL April Sand Diego

http://washingtonpremiersoccer.com/f...c,23596.0.html

I started a thread for the ECNL April Event on this moderated site. It would be a good place to smack talk without the troll and maybe with a bit more civilized approach since you must register,

Comment

Results so far: a couple of wins (good job FC U16), and lots of losses (clearly FC is the top U16 team in Oregon).

Comment

Over 200 D1 coaches... U-15s heavily scouted. Most schools double dipped to watch the u16 vs. U17 YNT scrimmage on Thursday.

You name the d1 school they have someone there right now.

If you don't get that ECNL quadruples the exposure you get, I can't help you.

Go on the socalsoccer.com website ECNL boards for the real scoop. Don't listen to the haters or the uninformed.

Comment

Over 200 D1 coaches... U-15s heavily scouted. Most schools double dipped to watch the u16 vs. U17 YNT scrimmage on Thursday.

You name the d1 school they have someone there right now.

If you don't get that ECNL quadruples the exposure you get, I can't help you.

Go on the socalsoccer.com website ECNL boards for the real scoop. Don't listen to the haters or the uninformed.
                              Yes we totally get that you are selling us and yourself as hard as you can.... Probably makes you feel better about your giant investment.

Comment

Yes we totally get that you are selling us and yourself as hard as you can.... Probably makes you feel better about your giant investment.
                                My daughter is on this list...

https://www.topdrawersoccer.com/sear...ea=commitments

So I'm blessed and I'm done. She was seen at Surf Cup. ECNL got her more than half of the way there. I'd tell you more but there's way too many trolls on this site to give out personal info.

So yeah, I could have paid triple whatever I paid for ECNL and I'd still be in the black. Maybe talk to people who have actually had their kids recruited by d1 schools or talk to the top 50 d1 coaches and ask them how ECNL fits in their recruiting plans?

Do you enjoy being jealous and misinformed? I'm kind of done with you. Trying to help people but on this thread it may be a lost cause. Go back to hating and enjoy the obscurity and 200 dollar scholarship in d3.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X