Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    My dd was in the inaugural season of NWCL and the first game they lost 6-0 to Washington Premiere and it continued for all of the years she played with two different clubs. I think we beat NW Nationals one year during Regionals but that was it. No parents I know thought we could be successful at this age group against the two teams from Seattle. The programs are just too good. By looking at the scores from last weekend it looks like the younger ages are closing the gap though, so there is hope!
    FC's U17 ECNL has a good showing vs Crossfire, lost 2-1

Crossfire United's U17 ECNL is all down hill.

Comment

Have you seen how poorly the younger ECNL teams are doing? Ouch.
      Sore subject.

Comment

FC's U17 ECNL has a good showing vs Crossfire, lost 2-1

Crossfire United's U17 ECNL is all down hill.
        FC's U14 and CU's U14 had decent results three losses and a tie I think and all were very close matches.

Comment

If so then the top OYSA teams must be "Little Kickers"
          The top rec teams would beat a lot of the bottom ECNL teams so I guess that would make the bottom ECNL teams less than Little Kickers.

Comment

FC's U14 and CU's U14 had decent results three losses and a tie I think and all were very close matches.
            http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/20...Kitty10461.jpg

Comment

Looks like the woes are continuing in San Diego. Good thing they aren't playing teams at the top of their divisions.

Comment

Have you seen how poorly the younger ECNL teams are doing? Ouch.
                For you and the haters of ECNL and seemingly life in general:

An excerpt from Roosevelt's speech:

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man(or girls in this case) who is actually in the arena..."

Those who drone on and babble incessantly about how terrible local ECNL teams are doing: just know, that at the end of the day, your opinion really does not amount to shat.

Yours truly,

NON ECNL parent

Comment

So playing ECNL is some grand deed whereby playing in some other league isn't? Sorry Non ECNL Parent, you win the award for moronic post of the year.

Comment

It's not a out winning and losing. You can lose and still learn.

Comment

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man(or girls in this case) who is actually in the arena..."

Those who drone on and babble incessantly about how terrible local ECNL teams are doing: just know, that at the end of the day, your opinion really does not amount to shat.

Yours truly,

NON ECNL parent
                      So playing ECNL is some grand deed whereby playing in some other league isn't? Sorry Non ECNL Parent, you win the award for moronic post of the year.
                      Personally think the Roosevelt quote was appropriate.

If you don't like the ECNL, than why not build something better? Free advice on an anonymous forum is probably worth the price you pay, so I'll pose a question:

Does the constant attacks on the ECNL engender sympathy for the programs (or at least the parents writing the checks and the girls putting in the time) from folks that otherwise don't have a dog in the fight?
                      Last edited by Slow Xavi; 04-11-2015, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Looks like the woes are continuing in San Diego. Good thing they aren't playing teams at the top of their divisions.
                        CU U14s played SoCal Blues to 0-1 loss in close game! Let's see the haters talk trash about how we always play the crap teams and would get embarrassed by the almighty "top" teams in the country. Guess what, that's competitive against the best in the first year of the program and arguably what's been a weaker age group for CU! Give it a rest trolls...

Comment

Yours truly,

NON ECNL parent

What in the world are you talking about?

Comment

My dd was in the inaugural season of NWCL and the first game they lost 6-0 to Washington Premiere and it continued for all of the years she played with two different clubs. I think we beat NW Nationals one year during Regionals but that was it. No parents I know thought we could be successful at this age group against the two teams from Seattle. The programs are just too good. By looking at the scores from last weekend it looks like the younger ages are closing the gap though, so there is hope!
                            Losing doesn't matter. Nobody place ECNL to win. Status elite and development are what drives it. Nobody cares about the wins/losses.

Comment

"Moronic post of the year"..your laughable and clearly prone to hyperbole. Here's the point you missed: ECNL is about players/teams/clubs challenging themselves, putting themselves in the "arena". IMHO, it's a lot better than the alternative of settling on being a big fish in a small pond. I've said it before, It's about learning to COMPETE...in soccer and ultimately in life.

Don't want to do ECNL? Great! Awesome!! Get out of the way, shut your mouth and stop criticizing those that want the challenge. I'll reiterate; your criticisms of these young girls don't amount to shat because you simply don't matter.. You just don't count.

Very truly yours

NON ECNL parent

Comment

What in the world are you talking about?
                                Perhaps more reading would have benefitted you. Look up the referenced speech.. You may learn something.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X