Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Match Fit Shore 09 and Jeff Cup

Honest question. Why are they in the Junior division at Jeff Cup? They've been playing up an age group for awhile now and seem to be doing well in the local tournaments they enter in 2008 division. Wouldn't Jeff Cup be a great opportunity for them to play against some really strong competition? Most coaches would consider that to be essential in development. Beating teams easy doesn't help in the long run and actually slows down the growth of a player and a team. Is RT looking for another notch in his belt to post on social media and isn't confident enough to play in a tougher division? I guess it's not much different than them playing in Supercopa in the 9v9 division. I know it's the oldest division there but to me it seems like an attempt to grab another trophy.

MF doesn’t make the final decision on placement, the tournament does based on all entries. MF actually applied to play in the u17 showcase but the tournament directors thought that would be unfair to the high school players.

Comment

I heard Jeff Cup wanted this 09 team to play U19, but RT told them no. Another example of how great of a coach he is. I love this guy and everyone who hates on him are *******s. This guy clearly has his players best interest in mind. Granted, these kids could give a good assbeating to the U19 group, but RT doesn't want to embarrass the older teams like that. This guy has my vote for the "most caring coach" award. And by the way, not a MF parent, just someone looking on for the outside in awe of this guy.

Comment

All they Do is Win

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
        Honest question. Why are they in the Junior division at Jeff Cup? They've been playing up an age group for awhile now and seem to be doing well in the local tournaments they enter in 2008 division. Wouldn't Jeff Cup be a great opportunity for them to play against some really strong competition? Most coaches would consider that to be essential in development. Beating teams easy doesn't help in the long run and actually slows down the growth of a player and a team. Is RT looking for another notch in his belt to post on social media and isn't confident enough to play in a tougher division? I guess it's not much different than them playing in Supercopa in the 9v9 division. I know it's the oldest division there but to me it seems like an attempt to grab another trophy.
        Nice try guy.. Jeff Cup will not allow teams to play up an age group. Do your research Clown

Comment

MF doesn’t make the final decision on placement, the tournament does based on all entries. MF actually applied to play in the u17 showcase but the tournament directors thought that would be unfair to the high school players.
          Doesn't the Jeff Cup directors responsible for team placement know they're the number 1 team in the country and shouldn't have a problem playing in a tougher division?

Comment

Doesn't the Jeff Cup directors responsible for team placement know they're the number 1 team in the country and shouldn't have a problem playing in a tougher division?
            Doesnt matter - when Clarkstown had the #1 07 team in the country they werent put in a higher age group, either. Just how it works at Jeff Cup.

Comment

It’s bigger than that. The real problem is the antiquated laws of the country that are preventing these girls from forgoing their hs and college eligibility and going pro right now.

Comment

Nice try guy.. Jeff Cup will not allow teams to play up an age group. Do your research Clown
                So essentially they are going for bragging rights. Otherwise why go and spend the money? Its only so they can win, and brag and tout their club?

Comment

So essentially they are going for bragging rights. Otherwise why go and spend the money? Its only so they can win, and brag and tout their club?
                  RT needs to hit the bars afterwards and drink from his Jeff Cup trophy with all the other loser dirtbag alcoholic parents from his team.

Comment

FYI, they are playing all 2009 teams that are rostered for 11v11. I suspect it's going to be a massacre. At least BRYC is not on their side. That score would be 30-0.

Hands are tied for this one as the top bracket on age is also weak, but I agree, they should have been placed much higher based on results. Too late now! Enjoy your wasted trip.

Comment

Why bother going to Jeff Cup if they're such an elite team and they'll be playing against such low competition? It makes no sense developmentally, unless RT is looking for a reason to post a trophy pic to IG Monday morning. I guess he'll have plenty of time quarantining for lots of posts.

Comment

Not a MF Shore parent, but why would you care how other people spend their time and money?

Comment

Please stop with these stupid ****ing threads. It's the same ******* from the MF Shore team starting them. How convenient the post is bragging about this team? Nobody gave two ****s that they won this past weekend so he has to get something out positive about them. And to top it all off, he posted again like he was someone else.
                          But, to make him happy, I'll play along with his thread. That jerkoff RT wants his team to play in this division to guarentee a win for his team. They need another tag line to add to thier instagram page. And if your so worried about why they aren't playing with the older groups, why not question why this ******* is taking them to Supercopa playing 9v9? The answer is simple, he wants the bragging rights of another win. This team is good, but in reality they haven't been playing top 08 teams. They are all about the win count. Interesting side note, last season they were killing teams 11-0, but this season they aren't seeing those numbers. You better crack the whip Tetro and tell those kids to do more outside training. Your grip on the top is slowly fading you ****ing loser....

Comment

Not a MF Shore parent, but why would you care how other people spend their time and money?
                            Why do you let RT suck you off so much?

Comment

RT needs to hit the bars afterwards and drink from his Jeff Cup trophy with all the other loser dirtbag alcoholic parents from his team.
                              Lol, this is funny. I can actually picture that big eared ******* doing that...

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X