Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Then why did PDA invite the STA-MUSC 2006G NL EDP to play in the Nov. 27/28 PDA showcase against BOTH Ecrl teams (blue/ white)? Team has now played 4 ecrl games in the past 4 months, counting another game against PDA white in EDP Nov tourney, and against WC ecrl in Dec. Strange if the ecrl clubs are actually trying to avoid STA.
    They are not trying to avoid them. They just don’t want them in their back yard competing for players. Its just business. STA is a great farm system for pdas blue teams across age groups.

Comment

They are not trying to avoid them. They just don’t want them in their back yard competing for players. Its just business. STA is a great farm system for pdas blue teams across age groups.
      Exactly

Comment

Parents on my daughter’s team are already chatting about other options but it’s a tough call. Eventually if GAL does not begin attracting more top talent it will just not be as viable as a top platform. It’s a shame for the players that made so many sacrifices during the USSDA days to end up in a ****ty situation like this. Just not fair.
        Our team is in the same boat. We might actually be on the same team. We talk about it at every training.

Comment

Our team is in the same boat. We might actually be on the same team. We talk about it at every training.
          Sounds like you are the same whiny ECRL parent responding to your own posts

Comment

Good that people are talking about it. Often times parents keep possible departures a secret, then the team falls apart unexpectedly and other player are left scrambling

Comment

Good that people are talking about it. Often times parents keep possible departures a secret, then the team falls apart unexpectedly and other player are left scrambling
              Absolutely that would be the biggest dick move ever, but this is unfortunately youth soccer where very few coaches and families have the integrity to do the right thing. An absolute cesspool filled with dishonest people, even the ones that you think you can trust. We are at a GA club and it’s a mess. Constant coming and going, coaching changes non stop.

Comment

Absolutely that would be the biggest dick move ever, but this is unfortunately youth soccer where very few coaches and families have the integrity to do the right thing. An absolute cesspool filled with dishonest people, even the ones that you think you can trust. We are at a GA club and it’s a mess. Constant coming and going, coaching changes non stop.

What is the right thing? Telling the world you are trying out at a new club? When you change employers do you walk into your boss and say "hey i am completely unhappy and i will be interviewing at all of your competitors but if nothing happens for me can we just pretend I never did this?"

Comment

What is the right thing? Telling the world you are trying out at a new club? When you change employers do you walk into your boss and say "hey i am completely unhappy and i will be interviewing at all of your competitors but if nothing happens for me can we just pretend I never did this?"

Right? Why would you think anyone is obligated to inform the club or other parents of your intentions to go elsewhere? Do the clubs inform the parents when they are bringing someone in to replace you? I've said it a 1000 times, its a business and you are the customer. Do whats right for your kid. Period!

Comment

Right? Why would you think anyone is obligated to inform the club or other parents of your intentions to go elsewhere? Do the clubs inform the parents when they are bringing someone in to replace you? I've said it a 1000 times, its a business and you are the customer. Do whats right for your kid. Period!
                    Clubs hold annual tryouts and ID events so they can find new players, hoping for improvements by dropping current kids down the ladder. Thats fine but somehow it isnt fine for a parent to look at options? And other parents think its owed to them to bring them along, meanwhile half of them spend the year talking bad about your kid or calling the coach to complain about them being in a position or something. Lesson to the u little parents out there, those people on the sidelines next to you are not your friends.

Comment

Sure, tell them you're trying out for another club so you get benched for the rest of the season. Then what do you do if they don't make it? Yeah, I'll expect people to not say anything.

Comment

Clubs hold annual tryouts and ID events so they can find new players, hoping for improvements by dropping current kids down the ladder. Thats fine but somehow it isnt fine for a parent to look at options? And other parents think its owed to them to bring them along, meanwhile half of them spend the year talking bad about your kid or calling the coach to complain about them being in a position or something. Lesson to the u little parents out there, those people on the sidelines next to you are not your friends.
                        "those people on the sidelines next to you are not your friends"

Bingo! The sooner you realize that the better off you will be.

Comment

Speaking of GA vs ECRL I think PDA Shore is far superior in talent and coaching that CSA Monmouth. But is that across the board ECRL vs GA or just isolated locally here in NJ due to the great PDA programme?

Comment

Speaking of GA vs ECRL I think PDA Shore is far superior in talent and coaching that CSA Monmouth. But is that across the board ECRL vs GA or just isolated locally here in NJ due to the great PDA programme?
                            I guess one could only answer that question if they have had experience in both leagues with a variety of coaches. Otherwise, you’ll just get opinions based on limited experience with either.

Comment

Lots of GA clubs are now joining ECRL with hopes to gain acceptance to ECNL. So yes ECRL is getting stronger. Not sure I agree that PDA Shore is far superior to CSA Monmouth across the board but I know their 05s are definitely better than CSA 05s. But then again that’s PDA Shore’s best team.

Comment

Lots of GA clubs are now joining ECRL with hopes to gain acceptance to ECNL. So yes ECRL is getting stronger. Not sure I agree that PDA Shore is far superior to CSA Monmouth across the board but I know their 05s are definitely better than CSA 05s. But then again that’s PDA Shore’s best team.
                                So sad that clubs are joining ECRL with the “hope” of being accepted. This RL was not formed so that clubs would be promoted to the ECNL premier clubs but rather to compete against all the other leagues like EDP & NPL. If your club joins in the fall 2021 do you think that in a year or two that you will be promoted? What happens if they don’t? Then what? Chase another league that is formed to rival RL. Sorry, but it makes no sense especially if my kid was going into high school. Makes no sense.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X