Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ecnl - pay to post

Does the ECNL pay some of these posters who constantly feel it's necessary to write things about the GAL? It's amazing how these posters have all this "inside" info about GAL teams such as all the kids that left to go play for ECNL teams, teams that are begging to get out and the overall quality of teams that are located all over the country. It almost feels as if the ECNL has created a propaganda machine to try and bring down the GAL. Why would a league like the ECNL, who promotes itself as the top league need to lower themselves and litter an anonymous soccer board with constant cheap shots to another league that's obviously inferior?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Does the ECNL pay some of these posters who constantly feel it's necessary to write things about the GAL? It's amazing how these posters have all this "inside" info about GAL teams such as all the kids that left to go play for ECNL teams, teams that are begging to get out and the overall quality of teams that are located all over the country. It almost feels as if the ECNL has created a propaganda machine to try and bring down the GAL. Why would a league like the ECNL, who promotes itself as the top league need to lower themselves and litter an anonymous soccer board with constant cheap shots to another league that's obviously inferior?
    GDA was a direct aim at the ECNL to try to bring it down and it was a crap episode for all involved at the expense of kids trying to play soccer. So there is that.

Comment

I know of 3-4 people on here that consistently bash GAL and any club related. Their sole mission is to make GAL look like crap and ECNL look like it’s the only good option. This will only benefit their club, which is ultimately what they want. The fact is, everyone knows the reality of the ECNL clubs in NJ. It’s PDA blue or MFA. MFA sucks and PDA blue is definitely not something that is attractive to everyone. Those are the options and They are not great. It’s strange to constantly take swipes at GAL when you should want some true competition within the landscape. My personal opinion is- if your D has it, she has it. It doesn’t matter if it’s ECNL or GAL. She’ll get there. It’s delusional to think that ONLY ECNL will provide that pathway.

Comment

I know of 3-4 people on here that consistently bash GAL and any club related. Their sole mission is to make GAL look like crap and ECNL look like it’s the only good option. This will only benefit their club, which is ultimately what they want. The fact is, everyone knows the reality of the ECNL clubs in NJ. It’s PDA blue or MFA. MFA sucks and PDA blue is definitely not something that is attractive to everyone. Those are the options and They are not great. It’s strange to constantly take swipes at GAL when you should want some true competition within the landscape. My personal opinion is- if your D has it, she has it. It doesn’t matter if it’s ECNL or GAL. She’ll get there. It’s delusional to think that ONLY ECNL will provide that pathway.
        They both tried to monetize youth soccer to the max possible. The difference was that the GDA used the power of the federation to try to do it. Not illegal but the appearance was very corrupt and it was so poorly thought out and executed that disrupted youth soccer yet again for absolutely nothing.

what a disappointment. It was supposed to solve the problems and it turned out to be a bigger con then the ecnl.

Comment

it is a mix of club staff/coaches and DOCs and the super duper involved parents. It isnt one group and i would not think it is actual ECNL folks.

Personally, i think it is ridiculous. My D left GDA (now GA) for an ECNL club but it was less about the badge and more about the club reputation, style of play that she felt she wanted to learn and just looking for a new environment and challenge. We realize her previous club still has many good players, some of whom would make ECNL teams if they wanted. Personally, I wish they'd have consolidated more of the old GA clubs so we could travel a little less. The slight improvement in overall quality by killing GA is not worth the added travel and expense we all pay for. The top 1% of the ECNL/GA pool could easily be nominated for the NTCs and ID2 stuff and those events could satisfy what GDA really should have been.

Comment

They both tried to monetize youth soccer to the max possible. The difference was that the GDA used the power of the federation to try to do it. Not illegal but the appearance was very corrupt and it was so poorly thought out and executed that disrupted youth soccer yet again for absolutely nothing.

what a disappointment. It was supposed to solve the problems and it turned out to be a bigger con then the ecnl.
            Fair but now we are speaking of GAL. I honestly think ECNL is just as corrupt. Teams having the ability to object or to oppose the addition of competitors just because they want that monopoly and PDA awarding another badge to themselves when they can barely justify it... I don’t have any respect for that and many people don’t. It’s all about the $$$$$$$$.

Comment

Is it possible that people are just speaking the truth about how they see GAL? My kid is in GAL and we are not happy. Mainly due to DA folding and we were stuck with this league. If I can get her on an ECNL team I will. Bottom line is we came to the club we are at for DA not GAL. And what we see at the club is GAL is being pushed hard as such a great league yet we know our club would jump to ECNL in a heart beat. But definitely not happening.

As far as ECNL paying for bashing on TS. Well thats just silly. ECNL sells itself at this point and from what you see around the country top clubs have been moving to ECNL since even when DA was around.

Comment

Fair but now we are speaking of GAL. I honestly think ECNL is just as corrupt. Teams having the ability to object or to oppose the addition of competitors just because they want that monopoly and PDA awarding another badge to themselves when they can barely justify it... I don’t have any respect for that and many people don’t. It’s all about the $$$$$$$$.
                They all are about the money. Two so-called top leagues just diluted everything. They never competed on price to drive down costs so it never did the consumers any good.

One winning is best and it does not really matter which one since they are practically the same thing. Wish GDA had not even started the war if they could not win. It was just bad all around.

Comment

Is it possible that people are just speaking the truth about how they see GAL? My kid is in GAL and we are not happy. Mainly due to DA folding and we were stuck with this league. If I can get her on an ECNL team I will. Bottom line is we came to the club we are at for DA not GAL. And what we see at the club is GAL is being pushed hard as such a great league yet we know our club would jump to ECNL in a heart beat. But definitely not happening.

As far as ECNL paying for bashing on TS. Well thats just silly. ECNL sells itself at this point and from what you see around the country top clubs have been moving to ECNL since even when DA was around.
                  We are in the same position and we are exploring other options.

Comment

Same parents that complained that "GDA does not allow subs" are now complaining that "with 24 players on a roster my kid plays 10 minutes over a 2-day weekend trip to Boston", yet come to this board and make themselves feel important.

Out of dozens of MF parents I've known I can only say that 4 were happy with their choice 3 years later. Thus, within their first year they would come here and bash everyone, but 3 years later the eureka moment would set in.

Comment

Those options are: PDA Blue or MF. Good luck!

Comment

I think PDA moved out of GDA because their top teams were simply getting "bashed" in a very lopsided way by teams from Cali and Texas. From what I've heard PDA was in GDA "on paper only" while still
                        - they still practiced 2x a week
                        - assigned a bunch of homework to kids
                        - coaches would not show up due to college schedule to practice/games
                        - were not able to make extra money from "side training sessions" for $15/$20 a session
                        - coaches were required to be certified for a lot of money (and didn't)

Most important, PDA is on the board of directors of ECNL (with a hefty stipend?) and I think there are plenty of documented cases (before GDA's demise) on how ECNL was strong-arming clubs and saying "unless you put your best team in ECNL you are out".
                        - Colorado
                        - LA
                        - Fury
                        - World Class/NYCFC

Lets just say they did not want to see any marketplace competition and milk the pay-to-play model into the sunset. GDA was providing a higher level of service to players and parents at a lower cost, and it was not going well with the marketing dept.

Comment

NJ girls play at 7 ECNL clubs if you include all 3 PDA groups. SJEB, STA, and CSA are all good clubs as well. Many options no matter where you live in NJ.

Comment

I think PDA moved out of GDA because their top teams were simply getting "bashed" in a very lopsided way by teams from Cali and Texas. From what I've heard PDA was in GDA "on paper only" while still
                            - they still practiced 2x a week
                            - assigned a bunch of homework to kids
                            - coaches would not show up due to college schedule to practice/games
                            - were not able to make extra money from "side training sessions" for $15/$20 a session
                            - coaches were required to be certified for a lot of money (and didn't)

Most important, PDA is on the board of directors of ECNL (with a hefty stipend?) and I think there are plenty of documented cases (before GDA's demise) on how ECNL was strong-arming clubs and saying "unless you put your best team in ECNL you are out".
                            - Colorado
                            - LA
                            - Fury
                            - World Class/NYCFC

Lets just say they did not want to see any marketplace competition and milk the pay-to-play model into the sunset. GDA was providing a higher level of service to players and parents at a lower cost, and it was not going well with the marketing dept.
                            PDA did fine in the GDA. Post the results so we can see all your BS. BTW nothing wrong with a club with 3K players losing to a club with 30K players now and then.

Comment

Those options are: PDA Blue or MF. Good luck!
                              Not true. This has been discussed on other threads. There are several options depending on where you live. PDA Blue, PDA White, PDA South, and MAtchfit are NJ options. Yes, pick your poison and yes PDA Blue the best option.

Also WC and PA clubs if you live in driving distance

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X