Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GAL Question

What is the max roster size for 13u and up?

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    What is the max roster size for 13u and up?
    30, but a game roster can't be more than 18.

Just in case anyone wants to freak out, this is the exact same as ECNL.

Comment

Thank you, that's just insane. what is the rationale to have beyond 18-20 players on any team for any given league? (Besides funding the team).

Comment

Thank you, that's just insane. what is the rationale to have beyond 18-20 players on any team for any given league? (Besides funding the team).
        Money, roster flexibility, injury protection, keeping kids away from rival clubs, etc.

Pick your rationale, but money is at the top for me for both leagues.

Comment

30? A little early to start smoking the crack, no? My d is on a U13 GA team, 17 kids.

Comment

30? A little early to start smoking the crack, no? My d is on a U13 GA team, 17 kids.
            That's not a comment on any specific team/club/age group, but just a reality as set by the league rules. Anyone can go on the GA or ECNL websites and read them. Each allow 30 girls to be on a roster per age group. I'm really happy your kid is on a roster of 17, but the GA rules allow up to 30 for her team.

Comment

Right on Page 11:

https://girlsacademyleague.com/ga-frameworks-2020-2021/

Comment

Just in case there are any more wise guys around here:

ECNL: Sections 2.1.3 and 2.3.1 talk about this. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...rUK1lL2lc/edit

GA: Sections 3 and 4 under ROSTERS https://girlsacademyleague.com/resources/

Comment

Anything above 16 is for funding the team. If you sign a kid up for a team, and your kid is player 17 or up, you're an idiot.

Comment

LOL. hopefully most don't have a rosters bigger than 20. Red flags beyond that for 13u and up. Was looking for league rules then trying to gauge if a club is requiring teams to max out spots for $ or actually using common sense.

Comment

Most have over 20. It is tough for the kids at the back end.

LOL. hopefully most don't have a rosters bigger than 20. Red flags beyond that for 13u and up. Was looking for league rules then trying to gauge if a club is requiring teams to max out spots for $ or actually using common sense.

Comment

Anything above 16 is for funding the team. If you sign a kid up for a team, and your kid is player 17 or up, you're an idiot.
                        18 is reasonable, as all 18 can be rostered for game day. I would say if the team doesn't give every kid at last 50% of every game and your kid is one of the players who gets less, then you should go somewhere else.

Comment

My daughter gets zero playing time but she still has fun. It’s a lot to pay for travel but she really enjoys it.

18 is reasonable, as all 18 can be rostered for game day. I would say if the team doesn't give every kid at last 50% of every game and your kid is one of the players who gets less, then you should go somewhere else.

Comment

We are the shore!

Comment

Run away from a roster that is more than 20-21 unless you're 100% sure your kid will be a consistent start or first off the bench with a good 30+min of PT. Sitting on the bench and getting 10 min (or not even dressing for games because the roster is limited to 18) does no one any good developmentally or emotionally. Yes injuries happen as do conflicts, but once you're past player 18 most clubs see you as a practice cone and budget enhancer.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X