Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Real Ryan

There's a lot of discussion on here about RT, both good and bad. Here's a story that should shed a little light on his true character. Last week, Match Fit and NJX ended their affiliation. There were a lot of rumors for the reason, but in the end both NJX and Match Fit were no more. The biggest casualty of all was a lot of NJX teams lost their coaches because they were Match Fit employed. NJX teams were now without coaches in the middle of a season. NJX moved on and will now become affiliated with PSA. So a week after the split, members of NJX teams received emails from RT telling them he wanted to schedule a zoom with them ASAP to tell them about his club and the opportunity for them to join. He explained the great things about Match Fit Shore and the possibility of ECNL as well as how high the numbers have been at their ID clinics. I'm guessing RT knows that NJX is quickly sinking with parents questioning the move to PSA and as a result he wants to grab as many players as he can. You can draw your own opinions and I'm sure we'll have the classic defense of We Are The Shore, but to me this a low class move and proves why RT is so disliked by so many.

MF Shore will not get ECNL and anyone that thinks this will happen are deluded!

Comment

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
      There's a lot of discussion on here about RT, both good and bad. Here's a story that should shed a little light on his true character. Last week, Match Fit and NJX ended their affiliation. There were a lot of rumors for the reason, but in the end both NJX and Match Fit were no more. The biggest casualty of all was a lot of NJX teams lost their coaches because they were Match Fit employed. NJX teams were now without coaches in the middle of a season. NJX moved on and will now become affiliated with PSA. So a week after the split, members of NJX teams received emails from RT telling them he wanted to schedule a zoom with them ASAP to tell them about his club and the opportunity for them to join. He explained the great things about Match Fit Shore and the possibility of ECNL as well as how high the numbers have been at their ID clinics. I'm guessing RT knows that NJX is quickly sinking with parents questioning the move to PSA and as a result he wants to grab as many players as he can. You can draw your own opinions and I'm sure we'll have the classic defense of We Are The Shore, but to me this a low class move and proves why RT is so disliked by so many.
      He is not a good person or coach. He earned the reputation he has. Good for you for seeing it.

Comment

Feel bad for these NJX folks, slim pickings in terms of real good options that you can trust in Monmouth Co.

Comment

MF Shore will not get ECNL and anyone that thinks this will happen are deluded!
          Even if they do... having RT as the coach is probably the biggest misstep MFA will make aside from when they hired him.

Comment

Big announcments this week! Haters be ready ! We are the SHORE !!!

Comment

Not the big announcement posts again. This has been going on for months. Every few weeks is a big announcement post. Nothing says “we don’t have our crap together at the Shore” quite like teasing a big announcement for months.

Comment

The question is where do you go:

You see a lot of people complain and say awful things about RT-so many say Match Fit is out.

Then you have PSA-DM the director of coaching, who yells and screams the entire game not only at his own players, but at his opponents and the refs, it is disturbing and exhausting-so PSA and Now NJX are out!

If you are not exceptional-PDA(North) is OUT of the question.

CSA is known to overload teams, and have players sit a good portion of the game, development won’t happen there, unless you are top half of the team. And at that point you can develop anywhere with a good trainer.

If your child is just average, stop getting hung up with the academy teams and top level teams, you will burn them out before they should be hanging up their cleats.

Let kids be kids. Seems like a lot of the posts on here are from parents with big egos. Take a step back and think about what is really important.

Ask your child “what is your goal, and are you willing to put in the time and make the sacrifices to make it happen”. If the answer is no, just let them play and have fun and when they are ready for the next level, then move them.

Stop getting caught up on the three letters your child has on the front of their jersey.

Comment

Big announcments this week! Haters be ready ! We are the SHORE !!!
                  We already know.....a lot of coaches at PSA are getting FIRED well from what I heard anyway. I guess we will see.

Comment

RT has no ethics. He will say and do anything to get kids to play for him. If your kid is really good he'll pay for uniforms and tournament fees, but the minute they start slipping he'll replace them.

Comment

Not following how this makes him a bad guy - think it shows he actually cares...NJX has been lost for years and trapped between better clubs picking up there top players for years...whether they go to NJ Premier, PDA, MFA, CSA take your pick the club had basically become a feeder program...I'm sure a lot of the NJX folks are on the fence on what to do with there kids and hearing from different platforms on what other programs have to offer is how the world works...PSA will just become the next NJX.

Comment

Not following how this makes him a bad guy - think it shows he actually cares...NJX has been lost for years and trapped between better clubs picking up there top players for years...whether they go to NJ Premier, PDA, MFA, CSA take your pick the club had basically become a feeder program...I'm sure a lot of the NJX folks are on the fence on what to do with there kids and hearing from different platforms on what other programs have to offer is how the world works...PSA will just become the next NJX.
                        I doubt anyone from NJX would go to CSA, talk about lateral move.

Comment

IMO the coaches should have reached out as they have the relationship. It shows he cares in winning their business, but not that he actually cares about what is happening to them. He basically took all their contact info from the coaches and used it to try to sell his club. When something like that just happens to parents/team/club, you need to back off and let the people come to you. It’s called being respectful of their situation. It’s also called professionalism.

Comment

I read the original post and felt the same exact way. If my kid was on NJX and their coach is no longer at NJX, putting my team in limbo, I would love to hear from the new employer of my coach about an opportunity to play there.

Comment

RT has no ethics. He will say and do anything to get kids to play for him. If your kid is really good he'll pay for uniforms and tournament fees, but the minute they start slipping he'll replace them.
                              Wow. That’s terrible.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                              Auto-Saved
                              x
                              Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                              x
                              Working...
                              X