Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unregistered View Post
    Check out the torros u14 team, they are the real deal and duck no body. The play local and out of state tourneys and do well. They are ranked behind the esc u14, even though they destroyed them last year in the league.
    Very good point. ESC ducked going to a tournament in southwest Florida last October when they heard that the Toros had entered.

Comment

I agree esc does pick certain tournaments to try an earn points so they can make the claim to be number 1. They seem to be ducking a lot of the local south florida teams on the way. Case in point, last season they played in the west pines tourney only to win 1 game against the local comp. Though they participated in the small to medium size wellington tourney, they refuse to play in the weston cup, which is the largest tourney in the region. They took a stab at the Florida Cup, only to loose their first game. They also did not want to compete in the region a cup that conitnues on to the presidents cup, which is like a state cup at the u12 level. This year they have basically side stepped playing in the west pines and weston cup, but played in the very small united cup in plantation. They played 5 tournys last year, only to win wellingtion. This year they also played around the same, only winning one out of state tourny in the second division.

Are they a very good team, yes. Is thier number one ranking warrented, no. They have side stepped many sfl teams, only to loose to them when they did meet up (state cup, fl cup, west pines) and refuse to play in the largest sfl tourney, weston cup.

Why not participate in the top two sfl tourneys, wp and weston, but do the small united cup? Why not play your age div I in the league, but choose play up div II? Though they are a good team, their image and points paints them as a much stronger team. They are being managed like a paper champion scared to face top contenders. Check out the torros u14 team, they are the real deal and duck no body. The play local and out of state tourneys and do well. They are ranked behind the esc u14, even though they destroyed them last year in the league. This year they play up div 1 in the sfu and made it to the finals. This is what a top team does, no ducking, but playing the best and proving you are the best.
      There is absolutely no need for this team to play up. The only reason they do so is to have that built in excuse if they lose that they are playing up. D1 their own age in South Florida will give them all they can handle and then some, just like State Cup.

Comment

There is absolutely no need for this team to play up. The only reason they do so is to have that built in excuse if they lose that they are playing up. D1 their own age in South Florida will give them all they can handle and then some, just like State Cup.
        We are going back home. There is FCAT next week!

Comment

ESC lost it's second game at Dallas Cup. Will they win at least one game during their travels to Texas? Getting lots of cheap Got Soccer points to boost your rankings doesn't help one little bit when you have to back up that meaningless ranking on the field. #1 team in state on paper and your own minds only. When it comes time to prove who's #1 on the field, it ain't ESC.
          Keep posting, No One Cares!!! Talk about your own club.... Leave these kids alone.

Comment

No excuses... they are smart to play up just to avoid idiots like you.

Comment

There is absolutely no need for this team to play up. The only reason they do so is to have that built in excuse if they lose that they are playing up. D1 their own age in South Florida will give them all they can handle and then some, just liin the ststee State Cup.
              I am courious why do you people care so much about what this team does. If you wanna be ranked #1 then go and play tournaments to earn your points ahead of esc. Sounds like your team would have no problem wearing the crown. By all means I will declare your team the best in the state. Just let me know which team you would like crowned. Point is rankings are for people like You who are only intrested in winning not in the development of players. Out of state tournaments serve as a teaching tool they are not intended as a points collection ploy.

Comment

I am courious why do you people care so much about what this team does. If you wanna be ranked #1 then go and play tournaments to earn your points ahead of esc. Sounds like your team would have no problem wearing the crown. By all means I will declare your team the best in the state. Just let me know which team you would like crowned. Point is rankings are for people like You who are only intrested in winning not in the development of players. Out of state tournaments serve as a teaching tool they are not intended as a points collection ploy.
                Says the ESC parent....So is state cup...and all the local tournaments. Play those first, spend less money, beat all the local teams, then travel abroad when there is no other good competition. Everyone is bashing ESC now because the chickens have finally come home to roost and it is very clear that ESC has no business being the # ranked team in the state.

Comment

Or the #2 or #3 or #4 ranking in the State.

That GotSoccer ranking means absolutely nada.

European will tell you that their players are send to Europe.
                  Do that because they can't compete in Florida.

Comment

Or the #2 or #3 or #4 ranking in the State.

That GotSoccer ranking means absolutely nada.

European will tell you that their players are send to Europe.
                    Do that because they can't compete in Florida.
                    ESC is still number 1 in Florida!!!

Comment

ESC is still number 1 in Florida!!!
                      Let's say that esc has collected the most points, but got beat by the same south fl team 3 times this year, which team is number one? One that has been carefully managed and collected the most points, and the other that has beat esc 3 times in a row?

Have you ever heard of the term paper champion?

I piddy the fool who try to take what I got - you just a papper champion!

Comment

Let's say that esc has collected the most points, but got beat by the same south fl team 3 times this year, which team is number one? One that has been carefully managed and collected the most points, and the other that has beat esc 3 times in a row?

ESC is number 1! Campeones!

Comment

What team would that be Mr. Braggart I dont recall losing 3 games to any team.

Comment

What team would that be Mr. Braggart I dont recall losing 3 games to any team.
                            No one bragging here, just making a point that you seem to be missing. You have earned the number in spot in Florida, without acutally playing any of the top fl teams and dogging the main fl tournaments. I think this is the main concern......is your number 1 spot warranted? You lost in the first round of the state cup, and dogged the region A Cup completely last year. You seem to be dogging other Fl teams, and have difficulty when you play them. You are like a paper champion that does not want to fight anyone in the top ten. You represent florida when you go do out of state tournaments, and when you get waxed three games in a row, how do you think others view our state. Play in the florida local tournaments, and earn your stripes before you go out of state and represent florida. I have a feeling that you would not even win both the west pines and weston tourney, but if you do, then at least you proved your metal. Stop picking and carefully choosing the right fl tournaments to collect points, and man up.

Comment

No one bragging here, just making a point that you seem to be missing. You have earned the number in spot in Florida, without acutally playing any of the top fl teams and dogging the main fl tournaments. I think this is the main concern......is your number 1 spot warranted? You lost in the first round of the state cup, and dogged the region A Cup completely last year. You seem to be dogging other Fl teams, and have difficulty when you play them. You are like a paper champion that does not want to fight anyone in the top ten. You represent florida when you go do out of state tournaments, and when you get waxed three games in a row, how do you think others view our state. Play in the florida local tournaments, and earn your stripes before you go out of state and represent florida. I have a feeling that you would not even win both the west pines and weston tourney, but if you do, then at least you proved your metal. Stop picking and carefully choosing the right fl tournaments to collect points, and man up.
                              I could not agree more.
                              GOT SOCCER needs to change rankings.
                              have a certain % of Florida games, Florida tournaments.
                              You cannot be ranked # 1 if you lose first round of state cup.

Comment

I could not agree more.
                                GOT SOCCER needs to change rankings.
                                have a certain % of Florida games, Florida tournaments.
                                You cannot be ranked # 1 if you lose first round of state cup.
                                ESC just lost their 3 games in Dallas. Where is the next stop? Any excuse?

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                Auto-Saved
                                x
                                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                x
                                Working...
                                X